TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
RavishingRickRudo

LOST

The conversation between Gale and Locke was so awesome. Especially "God doesn't know how long we've been here... he can't see this island any better than the rest of the world..." Very cool.

Little disappointed at the ending - can't say I saw it coming, but still, after someone pointed out Libby's lying to Hurley in the hatch (she mentioned his stepping on her foot when he got on the plane, which wasn't possible since she was seated a few rows behind him), I was hoping she'd be an Other or something, not just a crazy person.

Also a little miffed at what's going on with Charlie. He's goes insane, helps Sawyer with the guns, and is on track to be the first islander to actually be exiled from the group, and now he's just like "Hey, I'm just fine." Bleh.

Still, I love where the Gale stuff is going. Can't wait for next week.

Edited by chirs3

The incident is Hurley stepping out on a deck, which had 20+ people on it and could only hold 8, and it collapsed and people died. Hurley says it was because because he was fat. After he was near catatonic.

It had 23 people on it, but could only hold 8. Two numbers of the magic sequence.

"I'm not a bad person!" Reminds me of "The Other 48 Days," and the list.

Decent episode, kinda filler, but fun. Sawyer struggling with Oreos was almost as good as him complaining about the lack of sex in Are You There God, It's Me Margaret. Harry from Sex & the City was fucking hilarious. TACO NIGHT DUDE!

Hurley beating up Sawyer was great. I loved him crawling out of the tarp, only for Hurley to pull him back in while Jin laughed in the background

Next week looks like straight fyah.

The CTV preview wasn't as sexy as the ABC preview but I dig the idea of Locke getting super-obsessed with the map. It looks like he purposely stops inputting the numbers to initiate another lockdown so he can get a good look.

I thought tonight was a great episode, maybe filler in the grand scheme, but many memorable moments.

- I loved Dave telling Hurley it all a dream, a nice wink at some theories.

- The look on Jin's face when Sawyer & Hurley were fighting was priceless.

- "See you in another life" reminded me of Desmond.

I guess what struck me the most was the vast differences in "Gale's" demeanor. Cold and arrogant with Locke, and pleading and weak with Sayid. Granted Sayid had a gun, but it is still a noticeable 180.

Anybody ever notice too how everything Locke becomes emotionally invested in (Father's surgery, con games, Helen, The Outback trip, possibility of the Hatch being fake) he always gets burned?

The Libby being in the hospital thing wasn't that shocking, just more unpredictable. Perhaps she was in the process of being programmed or deprogrammed by a group who needed her brainwashed.

Just my 3 am .02 cents.

The Libby being in the hospital thing wasn't that shocking, just more unpredictable. Perhaps she was in the process of being programmed or deprogrammed by a group who needed her brainwashed.

Or it could be an indication that Hurley's right (he HAS in fact seen Libby somewhere else) and it's all a hallucination by Hurley.

I bet that would piss off a lot of people.

Hurley still being in the mental hospital and this all being a hallucination of his would have been an awesome ending to the series if done right. It explained alot if it hadn't turned out to be bogus. Hurley's flashbacks were like Locke's. After every single one, we were still asking why was he in there? They could have kept the question in each flashback and then have the show they did last night.

The end with Libby in the same place was ehhhh. I think if they had had her thank the nurse that brought her medicine and used the guy's name that she buried on the island, it would have given us the holy shit factor that alot of endings do, and kept the question of is it really just Hurley's dream in our mind.

He was on Sex and the City, and he played the Kramer character on "It's like, you know" aka Seinfeld 2: What's the deal with this rip off.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0359577/

Evan Handler. And hey, that show had Jennifer Grey (post nose-job) as Jennifer Grey. And it was so not a ripoff. Just another shitty sitcom.

Or it could be an indication that Hurley's right (he HAS in fact seen Libby somewhere else) and it's all a hallucination by Hurley.

I bet that would piss off a lot of people.

Yeah. Libby being nuts (or formerly so) isn't that big of a surprise - being Chris Titus' gf will do that to you.

Hurley still being in the mental hospital and this all being a hallucination of his would have been an awesome ending to the series if done right. It explained alot if it hadn't turned out to be bogus. Hurley's flashbacks were like Locke's. After every single one, we were still asking why was he in there? They could have kept the question in each flashback and then have the show they did last night.

The end with Libby in the same place was ehhhh. I think if they had had her thank the nurse that brought her medicine and used the guy's name that she buried on the island, it would have given us the holy shit factor that alot of endings do, and kept the question of is it really just Hurley's dream in our mind.

The PRODUCERS have said THIS IS NOT A DREAM/HALLUCINATION!!!!

Yeah, well, Jeph Loeb is a supervising producer or something. Jeph Loeb also writes comic books. Comic books had, in the past, used the whole "NOT A DREAM!! NOT A HOAX!!" line before, only to have it retconned in the same book or somewhere down the line. Using this flimsy line of logic, it's still possible that they're swerving us, and it IS a dream/hallucination...

Yeah, well, Jeph Loeb is a supervising producer or something. Jeph Loeb also writes comic books. Comic books had, in the past, used the whole "NOT A DREAM!! NOT A HOAX!!" line before, only to have it retconned in the same book or somewhere down the line. Using this flimsy line of logic, it's still possible that they're swerving us, and it IS a dream/hallucination...

Had Loeb ever used that angle in a comic before? I can't remember.

Had Loeb ever used that angle in a comic before? I can't remember.

Not that I recall, but you know it's been done in comics. And Loeb would know about it. If he doesn't, Geoff Johns would probably remind him...

THEY SAID IT WAS NOT A DREAM!

This isn't WRESTLING!

THEY SAID IT WAS NOT A DREAM!

This isn't WRESTLING!

Never said it was, dude. If it was, Sun would be giving birth to a hand...

My thoughts & theories after last night's episode (and I'm not using spoiler tags because these are just theories):

Libby was originally in the hospital due to being related to the deck collapse accident, and was still hospitalalized when Hurley went back & told the guy that he used the numbers to win the lottery. So, she has two reasons to want revenge on Hurley: his role in the collapse AND his money. She followed him to Australia. When they're walking together hand-in-hand, at the very end, she has a disgusted look on her face ... not the look that someone that just kissed the person that they have feelings for would have.

"Gale" is not there to cause a schism amongst the survivors. He is there to (a) judge how much they know, (b) be present when the lockdown was going to happen, and © expedite the next run-in between the survivors & the Others. Any mind-games that he can play while there are icing on the cake.

It's not a dream. It's not heaven, hell or purgatory.

And I had a 4th 'point' but I'm spacing on it right now ... I had it when I began this post, and now it's just gone. I'll edit & add it if I can think of it.

Evan Handler. And hey, that show had Jennifer Grey (post nose-job) as Jennifer Grey. And it was so not a ripoff. Just another shitty sitcom.

Dude, did you WATCH the show? It was Seinfeld in California. Infact, the guy who created it, was a writer for Seinfeld. Chris Eigeman was Jerry, Evan Handler was Kramer and Georged rolled into one, and Jennifer Grey was Elaine.

And Dave was totally a representation of the internet fan. Nit picking certain things, questioning how Hurley hasn't been able to lose weight, saying the whole thing is a dream, loving Tacos. Totally an internet fanboy.

Those fanboys love them their tacos.

I like the idea of Jack planning out a prisoner transfer type of deal down to the letter, only for Sayid to fuck it all up by shooting Gale through the dome and dumping his body on "the line they're not supposed to cross."

Dude, did you WATCH the show? It was Seinfeld in California. Infact, the guy who created it, was a writer for Seinfeld. Chris Eigeman was Jerry, Evan Handler was Kramer and Georged rolled into one, and Jennifer Grey was Elaine.

Yeah, I did. The thing was, EVERY new sitcom tried to copy the Jerry/George/Kramer/Elaine dynamic, and if it didn't, they copied the Ross/Rachel/Monica/Chandler/Joey/Phoebe dynamic. The problem is, in my mind, a ripoff show would at least be good. And most of the shows that tried to copy Seinfeld and Friends weren't. So... a different point of view, I guess.

And Dave was totally a representation of the internet fan. Nit picking certain things, questioning how Hurley hasn't been able to lose weight, saying the whole thing is a dream, loving Tacos. Totally an internet fanboy.

Wait, loving tacos is a requirement for being an internet fanboy?

Sign in to follow this