TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
RavishingRickRudo

LOST

Man, I was dead wrong about Gale... damn, should have gone with my first instinct.

A couple of points:

1. We never saw Gale punch in the numbers. All we have is his word, which is understandably suspect. He SAID he punched in the code and that everything else happened when he was in the vent. I swear I heard everything that was displayed the last time Locke let the count go to zero. Maybe Gale didn't do anything and this happened, maybe he was sent specifically to initiate this next phase of some psychological experiment... who knows?

2. The injury to Locke's leg seemed to hurt and affect him much more so than any other injury he has sustained on the island. Remember, he has suffered some pretty serious wounds before with absolutely no ill effects. This one hurt him a lot more and actually effected his ability to walk. Speculate away...

2. Nobody saw or heard the plane that dropped the supply??? They've made plenty of trips through the jungle at night to and from the hatch that the drop would have been noticed so it is recent. I'm sure if you've been stranded on some island for months, you'd notice an airplane or what sounded like one.

Maybe they used some kind of fancy hot air balloon.

We never saw Gale punch in the numbers. All we have is his word, which is understandably suspect. He SAID he punched in the code and that everything else happened when he was in the vent.

I think that Gale did something else with the computer, something that made the black lights come on for a moment and moved the blast doors. Having said that, I'm starting to suspect that Gale was captured on purpose, so the Others could get an inside look at what the survivors are up to, and toss a few breadcrumbs to mess with their heads.

Maybe Gale got word out that there needed to be a food drop because their supplies were running low?

Guest nokia

Here it is folks! Special thanks to

http://thelostnumbers.blogspot.com

for the heads up on this: A perfectly readable enhancement of the hatch blast door map. Everything is readable with very minimal eye strain. In reading, it is obvious the author was not a member of Dharma but someone very familiar with the operation and the incident. Some notes indicate that the person who drew the map was under the 108 minute time constraint and isolated ("estimated travel time incompatible with 108 do not attempt to ______"). Could it have been Kelvin? Desmond? And if Kelvin was not a member or the D.I, who was he?

"Cerberus" activity is mentioned several times on the hatch map. "They're all dead" theorists will be delighted to know that Cerberus guarded the entrance to hell, keeping the living out and the dead in. Hmmm.

The best screen cap of the map I've seen so far, to big to post so here's the link. It's the one at the bottom of the page.

Edit: This one is pretty damn good to. Zoom in on the image, and you can read most of the stuff on the map.

In reference to what Battlenuts was saying after the last episode...

The speculation is that

the real Henry Gale that was murdered is somehow Rose's brother. Hence that journal entry he found and asked about here.

So was Locke put in the wheelchair by the guys looking for the money?

One other question about Locke and his legs, when is the first time we see him on the pilot? I know he wakes up on the beach in "Walkabout", but I don't remember when we first saw him in the pilot.

So was Locke put in the wheelchair by the guys looking for the money?

One other question about Locke and his legs, when is the first time we see him on the pilot? I know he wakes up on the beach in "Walkabout", but I don't remember when we first saw him in the pilot.

I think it's when Jack is trying to get some help to carry some other passenger and he calls Locke over. That's the first time I recall seeing him, anyway.

we got a glimpse of him telling a guy to get away from the engine, but we didn't actually see that it was him Jack called over for help until his flashback episode

Guest nokia

Remember that Desmond initially told Jack when they met running stairs in the stadium in flashback that he was getting ready to leave on a hot air balloon trip around the world, correct? Coincidence?

Desmond never said balloon. He simply said "race around the world."

True, but it's not that much of a stretch for someone to use a hot air balloon as a part of a race around the world. Jules Verne's "Around the World in 80 Days," anyone? :P

Desmond said that HIS BOAT CRASHED

BOAT DNE BALLOON

True enough. Forgot about that part. Perhaps the real Henry Gale is the man he was racing against?

We learn from the map notes Locke saw on the blast door that the black smoke "monster" is called Cerberus - tv.com

Makes sense to me.

Has anyone figured out the timeline on the supply drop? I know that the map says every 6-8 months, but I thought maybe someone could trace back to Hurley's calculations and find out if the drop is early, on time, or maybe even late.

Guest wildpegasus

Did anybody else besides me notice that'd it be impossible for Gale to put the last weight underneath the metal door that had Locke's legs underneath it? Because Locke's legs were holding the door up you would've had to lift the door up and than the put the last plate underneath the door otherwise the last plate wouldn't fit.

WP --- Has lived a different life than most and has actually had to lift up/slide over more than a few doors in his lifetime.

Actually, I took it that the toolbox was holding the door at the height it was at, which had it piercing Locke's leg somewhat. The toolbox was giving way, which would crush Locke's legs completely.....hence the reason Locke was telling "Henry" to hurry and find something strong to put under there.

When the last plate was put under the door, Locke still couldn't get out. His leg was still pierced, but it was no longer in jeopardy of getting crushed even further. There's a difference between keeping something from falling further and raising it up.

^ Beat me to it. The weights weren't there to open the door further, they were there to stop the door from shutting completely and likely severing Locke's legs.

I fucking hate April Fools.

It's not like I read it and believed it...

... but dammit, I wanted to believe it so badly.

*Jack walks in the bunker, sees Henry Gale*

Jack: Who is this man?

Sayid: This man calls himself Henry Gale. But we learned that Henry Gale died on this island and he has assumed his identity.

Jack: Why?

Sayid: We believe this man to be an other. The others are a group of people who terrorize us on this island, who have even attempted to kill us.

Jack: So he has information that could be useful to us.

Sayid: Yes. Possibly.

Jack: So let's interrogate him.

Sayid: I have.

Jack: No, I mean, REALLY, interrogate him.

Sayid: Trust me, I have.

Jack: Did you threaten to kill him?

Sayid: Yes.

Jack: Did you put a gun to his head?

Sayid: Yes.

Jack: Did you shoot his wife in the knee cap?

Sayid: He doesn't have a wife.

Jack: Hmm...

Jack: Did you talk in a whispery voice and then yell at him at random intervals?

Sayid: Of course.

Jack: And he still didn't give you anything?

Sayid: No.

Jack: Sonnofabitch.

Guest wildpegasus
^ Beat me to it. The weights weren't there to open the door further, they were there to stop the door from shutting completely and likely severing Locke's legs.

Correct me if I'm remembering this incorrectly but wasn't Locke able to escape once the weights were underneath the door? If the weights were just there to keep the door from shutting completely than why didn't Locke just escape earlier?

WP, you're remembering it incorrectly.

"Gale" uses the weights to stop the door from closing, and then crawls through the duct to the other side of the door. The lights go out & Locke, while still trapped under the door, sees the map that is only visible via black-light. The lights come on, the door slides open, and Locke slides backwards, freeing himself.

The weights had nothing to do with Locke's escape; they only prevented the door from closing further.

Sign in to follow this