TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
RavishingRickRudo

LOST

Shit, CTV's showing it at 8 tonight, but I didn't know that until about 5 minutes ago. Could have been watching it an hour early. Fucking American Idol.

Charlie was crackin' me up this episode. He's really turned the corner from being a whiny douchebag to being a cool character. Almost makes that shitty Charlie episode worthwhile.

The alliance is slowly building... Sayid and Charlie... and Saywer, through the gun connection. Maybe even Ana Lucia.

Goooood show.

-Charlie's smirks tonight for AL were awesome.

-Rose and Bernard arguing was fabulous.

-The look in Sayid's eyes when he was with AL at the fire was fucking badass.

- Gale's story at the end was fuckin' tits. The look on Locke's face was great.

- Sun and Jin's backstory was solid enough and didn't veer on the whacky side of flashbacks which helped it relate well to the island stuff.

Guest Brian

I'm sure she is too. I think the whole episode was supposed to be a tease on that part.

Guest wildpegasus
I'm sure she is too. I think the whole episode was supposed to be a tease on that part.

Yeah, I was really glad they didn't go with the obvious "she got pregnant by someone other than her husband" route you often see on Tv shows. I didn't want that cheating aspect to be part of Sun's charactor anyway.

And Jun is SO the best built guy on the island. He's got to have some kind of weight bench stashed away somewhere. If they were to have a bodybuilding contest on the island he's taking 1st place. THe biceps were just bulging when he was fixing the garden up.

Guest Brian

I think they're definately gonna make Jin into a major player for his next flashback, and quite possibly the big wildcard. With Michaels gone, the alliance with Sawyer is in the air, and if he finds out Charlie did the deed, there's going to be hell to pay. Did you hear him talking about coming back home with blood on his hands?

Man was I pissed when they let Gale out at the end of the episode. Jack and Locke are too emotional and not nearly rational enough at this moment, and though we think Sayid is not acting rationally, he's in control of what he's doing and understands how things are working. Everyone else is getting worked, it's so depressing. The guy lost everything and yet he is the most levelheaded of them all, and all the while motherfucking Locke has totally bought into the island and is letting himself get conned by Charlie.

Other than the big scene with Gale at the end, it was pretty much a 'meh'/build-up episode.

While the Jin/Sun flashback was good, and showed good character development, the pay-off was weak. Sun's line "Yeah, I was trying to trap the son of a fishmerman." was painfully harsh ... and made me laugh out loud. The timing of her realizing that she's pregnant seems off, though, in my opinion. Wouldn't she have realized that she was late a few weeks ago?

I was also kind of let down that Gale said "your friends" and "they" went looking for the balloon. How'd he know that AL didn't go alone? Or that she went at all. All he knows is that he wrote up a map mid-day the day before ... for all he knew no one had left yet.

Lastly, it occurred to me that finding the balloon doesn't necessarily mean that it was Gale's & his wife's. He COULD still be an Other, and that someone else crashed their balloon on the island. If/when AL, Sayid & Charlie find the balloon, I hope that someone has the where-with-all to realize that it's not absolute proof that Gale isn't an Other.

I was a bit surprised at the timeline last night's episode established. It's only been a week since the tail passengers made it to the beach? That puts the whole season at being a little over two weeks long so far. Don't think the writers have done a very good job of conveying that so far, though it does explain why people aren't more concerned with Michael's extended absence--he's only been gone for 3 or 4 days, after all.

Guest Vitamin X
Lastly, it occurred to me that finding the balloon doesn't necessarily mean that it was Gale's & his wife's. He COULD still be an Other, and that someone else crashed their balloon on the island. If/when AL, Sayid & Charlie find the balloon, I hope that someone has the where-with-all to realize that it's not absolute proof that Gale isn't an Other.

I agree.

Semi-new theory: It's entirely possible that the balloon may have belonged to Desmond in his "race around the world", that Gale was part of the Others when they captured him after Desmond's balloon crashed, and now Gale is using the balloon as a cover-up story for himself.

I was a bit surprised at the timeline last night's episode established. It's only been a week since the tail passengers made it to the beach? That puts the whole season at being a little over two weeks long so far. Don't think the writers have done a very good job of conveying that so far, though it does explain why people aren't more concerned with Michael's extended absence--he's only been gone for 3 or 4 days, after all.

I blame the network more than the writers for all the hiatuses which make us FEEL like this season's lasted for a lot longer than it actually has.

Next week looks fucking amazing.

And the end of the episode with Henry Gale talking about what he'd do as an Other was so freakin creppy. Love it.

So, about Locke and the hatch...

I guess he forgets to punch in the numbers?

Check out www.TheSuperficial.com . They have videos of Lost stars befor they were on Lost. Sawyer's in an Old Navy commercial (it will make you barf) Kate's in some adult dating commercial, and Saiyid's in Bride & Prejudice, busting a fucking move.

Saiyid's is by far the best.

I betcha what we saw for next weeks episode was just some sort of hatch routine cleaning. Like, everything gets locked down and some sort of chemical is sprayed, to ensure that if any of the island "sickness" gets into the hatch, it'll all be cleaned out.

Call me crazy, but I think Sun is telling the truth.

I dunno, that look she gave didn't exactly scream out "I'M BEING TOTALLY, TOTALLY HONEST WITH MY HUSBAND! REALLY!" She's either lying, or it was a red herring. It's certainly set up for us to believe the baby isn't Jin's.

When did Sun get pregnant? I know they did the deed when Jin came back with the Tailies, but in Lost time that was about a week ago. Would she be feeling the effects of the pregnancy that quickly?

I don't remember if they boned at any other point while on the island.

Guest wildpegasus
Another thing: Locke is capable of walking, even though he's supposed to be paralyzed.

Maybe the Island healed Jin as well?

Good point.

Terrific episode. Loved every bit of it this week.

Guest Evolution

Next week looks fucking amazing.

And the end of the episode with Henry Gale talking about what he'd do as an Other was so freakin creppy. Love it.

So, about Locke and the hatch...

I guess he forgets to punch in the numbers?

Eh...

More likely that Sayid pointing the gun at Locke keeps him from punching them in

Sign in to follow this