TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
RavishingRickRudo

LOST

I didn't consider that but I bet you're right.

And I don't think we're seeing the numbers anymore... especially since the Lost Experience a few years ago gave away their significance.

Muchhhh better episode this week. And even though they didn't say it out loud, Kate is definitely apart of the "6.

I thought that was already known from last year's season finale.

If you read the page before, people were saying they never actually said it.

That's a good point. Maybe they all got off the island but 6 are famous? I'd say as of now the only for sure members are Jack and Hurley.

Another reason I have my doubts as to Kate being one of the Six; in the flash forward, they seemed to be meeting somewhere they probably wouldn't be watched, as if they didn't want to be seen together. But Jack and Hurley obviously didn't have the same problem. If Kate's one of the Six, then why the secrecy?

Guest LuckyLopez

There's also the difference that Kate appears to be pretty together in that scene. Jack and Hurley are complete messes due to whatever deal they struck or whatever happened on that island. It would appear Kate is dealing with it better or not part of it. But I really think the biggest reason to doubt that Kate is part of the 6 is the obvious one. She's a fugitive and she doesn't want to be in the public eye and if any deal was made one presumes it would include "don't tell the federal authorities I'm alive by shoving me on TV and giving me a catchy nickname."

Although the thought did cross my mind last night that the Six are the people Ben wants off the island because Jacob and the Island have reached out to them. By my count that's Jack, Hurley, Locke, Kate, Sayid, and maybe Sawyer. They're the living people I remember having seen ghosts or the cabin. Or in Sawyer's case managing to find some measure of peace by finding the real Sawyer. But I'm sure that I'm missing half a dozen people who have "spoken" to the island and that my theory is just BS. But I was thinking that Ben IS the villain and anyone who has basically made a connection with the island/Jacob is a threat to him and has to be eliminated (just as he shot Locke and sent Walt off the island).

You know, the one thing I really liked about this episode was that when Ben rattled off all the info on the girl, they then had him explain where he knew all of it from. In the past they would have made that a 10 episode mystery, then another 10 episodes of trying to figure out who is on the boat. This flowed much better.

Any chance that Kate changed her appearance slightly and took the name of someone else on the plane and returned as one of the Oceanic 6? Nah, probably not as there was more than likely a task force (associated with the Marshal) dedicated to her capture. A different hair color and glasses would not be enough to confuse them, and she would have been interviewed and researched for stories, and all that stuff.

The Dharma people will start killing off Locke's crew, confusing them with the Others.

I don't think they'll even be confusing them. Last time Dharma had the Island, they lost it because of it's prior inhabitants. The only way to ensure that doesn't happen again is to not leave any inhabitants.

Ben did say that they were coming to kill everyone, and while I wouldn't put it past him to lie, it's still quite possible, methinks.

I'm really wishing this season wasn't cut short because I'm really interested in what's going on with Matthew Abaddon, the whole crew he assembled, and the reasoning behind everything. I have a feeling we would have gotten the answer by the end of the season but not after 8 episodes.

I'm also starting to think that Michael and Walt definitely aren't part of the six because Michael is Ben's man on the boat. But then where does that leave Walt?

Man, fuck the WGA.

I'm really wishing this season wasn't cut short because I'm really interested in what's going on with Matthew Abaddon, the whole crew he assembled, and the reasoning behind everything. I have a feeling we would have gotten the answer by the end of the season but not after 8 episodes.

I'm also starting to think that Michael and Walt definitely aren't part of the six because Michael is Ben's man on the boat. But then where does that leave Walt?

Man, fuck the WGA.

Walt was one of the guys in the cabin would be my guess.........remember also that Locke said that he needed to go to the cabin to see Walt?

I think Lost is in a better position then most shows when it comes to coming back from the writer's strike. They've got a bunch of episodes already done so while those run they can film the remaining ones. I assume that the scripts are written long before a show starts filming.

Damon Lindelof is eager for some answers. An executive producer of ABC's mystery serial "Lost," he should learn this week what his show's future holds as it closes out its fourth season.

"Lost" has been back on the air just two weeks. But the strike meant a planned 16-episode shooting schedule was halted after just eight episodes were shot. Fans braced themselves for no more this season.

"But we very much want to come back and do as many episodes as possible," said Lindelof, who then listed a few issues that first need to be settled.

"How many episodes can best serve our story? And what are the production realities?" He noted that the shooting facility in Hawaii, 2,500 miles from his Los Angeles office, had been shuttered since Thanksgiving. The crew has dispersed, the huge cast has scattered.

The first new post-strike episode of "Lost" could possibly be ready for broadcast the week after episode eight appears, he said. There likely would be three or four more after that.

Could there be even more?

"I'd be surprised if the network wanted to air episodes deep into the summer," he said. But if all the pieces fell into place, "Lost" fans would be blessed: "I don't see why we couldn't deliver all eight remaining episodes."

That kind of zeal should warm viewers' hearts. Lindelof and the rest of TV's creative community seem delighted to be back.

Almost as delighted as we are.

From Yahoo.

Muchhhh better episode this week. And even though they didn't say it out loud, Kate is definitely apart of the "6.

I thought that was already known from last year's season finale.

WHAT DID THE NUMBERS SIGNIFY ?

Some new names & "significance":

Faraday - known for his work in the field of electromagnetism.

He established that magnetism could affect rays of light

What did Daniel Faraday observe on the island?

Once there, Daniel makes an interesting observation about the light scattering on the island strangely.

A "man of science", probably not coincidentally being "held" in Jack's group.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(CS) Lewis - Charlotte Staples Lewis. Originally atheist, CS Lewis embraced Christianity - a "man of faith". Probably not coincidentally being "held" in Locke's group.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Abbadon

In Biblical poetry (Job 26:6; Proverbs 15:11), it comes to mean "place of destruction", or the realm of the dead, and is associated with Sheol. Abaddon is also one of the compartments of Gehenna.[1] By extension, it can mean an underworld abode of lost souls, or hell.

Abaddon is one of the infernal names used in LaVeyan Satanism, and is first in the list—only as it comes first alphabetically—and means "the destroyer."

Many Biblical scholars believe Abaddon to be Satan or the antichrist[2][3][4][5]Others have stated that he may be one of the lesser demons of hell, or even a dark angel.

in many places, Abaddon is pictured as a human sized locust, and is known as the lord of pestilence.

Dorrit - Naomi's last name.

Little Dorrit is a serial novel by Charles Dickens published originally between 1855 and 1857. It is a work of satire on the shortcomings of the government and society of the period.

Much of Dickens's ire is focused upon the institutions of debtor's prisons—in which people who owed money were imprisoned, unable to work, until they repaid their debts. The representative prison in this case is the Marshalsea where the author's own father had been imprisoned.

Most of Dickens's other critiques in this particular novel are about other issues with regards to the social safety net: industry, and the treatment and safety of workers; the bureaucracy of the British Treasury (as figured in the fictional "Circumlocution Office" [bk. 1, Ch. 10]); and the separation of people based on the lack of intercourse between the classes.

Not really significant to Naomi, but you could stretch the bolded stuff to relate to the people on the island - the "reasons" the Losties are there (i.e. personal issues/flaws/whatever ["debts"] that need to be sorted out), as well as "class" separations (Losties/Others, Jack's & Locke's groups).

Nothing of note (that I saw, anyway) for Straume (Miles) or Lapidus (Frank).

I don't think there is such a thing as "too much into it". Some of the Naomi stuff, yeah, as I heard that her name was chosen more because it was a possible anagram (with "Raid Monitor" being favored). The CS Lewis thing is highly favored because "Staples Lewis" is in both names.

Have the 8:00 reruns of the previous week's episode all been "pop up video" style? I flipped over to ABC early, and they were doing the facts-thing in the Naomi/Abbadon scene (Abbadon means "gardian of the abyss", IIRC).

Yeah, there's some definite space-time shit going on. I've been thinking that for a while now, and that rocket thing that they just shot just confirms it.

Um, wow, my cable feed totally went to shit when Sayid burst into the house at the barracks. It just went to black and the entire recording is screwed up. When are these up on ABC.com by?

My DirecTV has been cutting out, but I saw 98% of the episode. So incredible, all the way through. The last 5 minutes with Sayid and Desmond leaving the island, and the reveal at the very end with fucking Ben being the man giving Sayid his orders... wowowowowowowowow.

Mik, the episodes are uploaded to ABC.com the next morning.

This season is so much better than last season at this point it's ridiculous!

I was thinking the same way.

Though I don't know if I like Sayid working for Ben.

Does anyone else want to see Sayid torture the fuck out Miles? Or just see Sawyer just whoop Mile's ass?

That ending really makes me question who the "he" Kate is referring to at the end of season three is. Do the Oceanic Six work for Ben/Dharma?

BTW, because I'm stupid and looked accidentally at the spoilers for this elsewhere.

The other two of the Oceanic Six (apparently)

Sun and Jin

Sign in to follow this