TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
RavishingRickRudo

LOST

I FINALLY caught up with LOST. I watched the last 5 episodes. The finale was THE fucking shit. It took me about halfway through the conversation between kate and jack to realize that it was a flashforward.

And I was also wondering about the volcano. Why have it part of an episode? Was it a throwaway scene or was it something pivotal?

Yeah there's nothing really being spoiled there. I didn't reveal anything, and he said he's seen episodes from season three, so he might make the connection only once he's seen all the episodes.

.....the only episode of season 3 that I saw was the last one that aired....and that was the first time I've actually watched Lost.

I just started the last disc of Season 2 and Mr. Ecko...awesome. He's easily becoming my favorite out of everybody.

that's frustratingly vague. How would someone have a falling out with EVERYONE? Unless they, like, killed a person. Hey its possible!

edit: upon googling this piece of gossip, it sure does sound like Emelie from what I'm reading. One article implied it was a white female, so either Kate, Claire (Emilie), or Juliet.

I heard the guy playing Mr Eko was really difficult to work with. Him and Terry O'Quinn didn't get along at all,so of course they put them in a bunch of scenes together.

Evangeline Lilly is possible. She can come off as quite arrogant sometimes: I remember reading an interview with her where she said she used to cry herself to sleep at night because of the burden of being so beautiful (seriously)

That's be a huge burden to have. Bitch is fuckin' hot.

Just to add to the retarded speculation, I imagine it's Emilie. She's the only person on that show who doesn't live in Hawaii when they're filming.

From the supposed hints that were dropped in the actual write-up, it seemed like it was Emile blatantly.

Evangeline Lilly is possible. She can come off as quite arrogant sometimes: I remember reading an interview with her where she said she used to cry herself to sleep at night because of the burden of being so beautiful (seriously)

I dont think its Evangeline she and Josh Halloway are extremely tight with the rest of the cast and crew.

This is the latest from Ausiello.

"Let me end some of the suspense surrounding my "No-Talent Diva" blind item from last week: I can assure you that the NTD is not anyone from Grey's Anatomy or Ugly Betty. And to the few of you who suggested it might be Elizabeth Mitchell, I'm both horrified and insulted. Seriously. "

This rules out Elizabeth Mitchell, and any of the men. So I still think its Emily deRavin.

Guest Vitamin X

Lost Won't Pull A Sopranos, Cuse/Lindelof say...

For all you Losties out there fretting over the fate of Oceanic Flight 815's survivors, don't worry: There's a payoff coming.

Following the outcry over the cut-to-black finale of HBO's The Sopranos, the brain trust behind ABC's Lost promises there will be resolution to the series. Speaking at a conference in New York Wednesday, executive producers Carlton Cuse and Damon Lindelof revealed that they recently held a writer's "minicamp" to precisely plot out the show's final 48 episodes.

"Obviously, we can't wait to the 48th hour to say, 'Here are all the mysteries of the show,' " Lindelof told attendees of Promax/BDA conference, per the Hollywood Reporter.

Added Cuse: "I'm not sure there is any ending that will satisfy everyone. Our hope is that the ending will be...the logical conclusion of the story."

Lost's audience dipped after ABC decided to split the show's third season into a six-episode run in the fall and a 16-episode stint in the spring with a long hiatus in between. Cuse and Lindelof met with network executives and decided to set an official expiration date for Lost to keep hard-core devotees invested in the storyline.

There will be three more 16-episode seasons. The seasons will premiere in January and run uninterrupted through May. The fourth season will debut in January 2008, and the show will end in May 2010.

But with an eight-month wait between seasons, the producers announced plans to create a series of short "mobisodes" for viewing on mobile phones to keep fans engaged. The 90-second segments will feature the entire ensemble and will be available for download to Verizon Wireless customers beginning this fall. The shorts will also eventually pop up on ABC.com.

"How do you keep the show alive in the minds of the audience in that time?" asked Cuse.

The show runners said it took three years of negotiations to lock up deals with all the key cast members to appear in the mobisodes—an unusual expense for something that will only be viewed by a fraction of the show's audience, but something the producers say is worth it.

"It needs to be interesting enough and well produced enough that people feel they're getting enough bang for their buck, even if it's free, the bang for their time," offered Lindelof. "Nobody wanted to see two people sitting on a beach that we've never heard of talking and saying, 'Hey, did you hear what Jack and Kate did today?' You want to see Jack and Kate."

The producers came to that conclusion after realizing fans wanted to focus on the core castaways and not gimmicks. Case in point: The suspense novel Bad Twin purportedly written by author Gary Troup (an anagram for "purgatory"), who was aboard the doomed Oceanic flight. The actual novel failed to sell despite the hype that it purportedly featured hidden ties to Lost.

Cuse and Lindelof also owned up to another blunder—the sudden appearance of two new characters, Nikki and Paulo. The producers referred to the pair as "socks," short for "sock puppets," because they came out of nowhere from the background of extras making up the rest of Oceanic's unnamed survivors.

Fans instantly hated the conniving twosome and Cuse and Lindelof couldn't find compelling story lines to keep them around. So Nikki and Paulo were killed off in an episode designed to appease irate viewers.

"We buried them alive," said Cuse. "Okay, you guys don't like Nikki and Paulo, there."

To promote the mobisodes—which will offer up scenarios that might not otherwise play out during the regular season as well as potential clues to the show's enigmas—Cuse and Lindelof plan to return to San Diego's Comic-Con convention where they first introduced Lost back in 2004.

The mini-episodes will debut sometime in the fall.

But with an eight-month wait between seasons, the producers announced plans to create a series of short "mobisodes" for viewing on mobile phones to keep fans engaged. The 90-second segments will feature the entire ensemble and will be available for download to Verizon Wireless customers beginning this fall. The shorts will also eventually pop up on ABC.com.

Can they just piss off with this crap already? Seriously, who the fuck watches TV on their mobile phone? Not fucking well me, that's for sure.

...and keeping fans engaged? But only fans on Verizon's service? Real smart, guys. Would've made more sense to just have online "webisodes", or whatever the stupid buzzword is, for anyone to view/download.

Guest heat
...and keeping fans engaged? But only fans on Verizon's service? Real smart, guys. Would've made more sense to just have online "webisodes", or whatever the stupid buzzword is, for anyone to view/download.

Uhm...

The shorts will also eventually pop up on ABC.com.

Uhm...

The shorts will also eventually pop up on ABC.com.

Heh.. Wow, how the hell did I miss that. Chalk it up to no sleep + booze on my part. :P Either way I think they'd be smarter to ditch the cell phone garbage and just have them up on the site to begin with. :D

Michael to return in the 4th season - News before Comic Con:

BEVERLY HILLS, Calif. - Turncoat Michael is making a "Lost" `comeback. Harold Perrineau, who plays the character last seen betraying his fellow crash survivors to save himself and his son, will return to the show next season.

ADVERTISEMENT

ABC Entertainment President Stephen McPherson didn't offer any details Wednesday of what's in store for Michael. He also didn't say whether Walt, the son played by Malcolm David Kelley, will be seen again.

The pair fled the mysterious island where the crash victims were struggling to survive against the dangerous "Others," with desperate Michael turning over his friends in exchange for escape.

The network had planned to make the "Lost" announcement at Comic-Con International, the comic book and pop-culture show starting Thursday in San Diego. But McPherson, speaking to a meeting of the Television Critics Association, was pressed for the information.

McPherson initially balked at talking, instead joking about what the announcement might be.

"I've cast Don Imus on `Lost,'" McPherson quipped.

Earlier this year, ABC said will run for three more seasons, concluding in 2009-10. The series will return for its fourth season in January.

Well, I just hope that Walt isn't missing again. I don't think I could go through another season of "I WANT MY SON! MY SON! I WANT MY SON!" x1000 :P

It makes sense if the flash forwards are shown back in the states, too. Michael got home and appears in flash forwards. Could passively explain an older Walt if they wanted to try it.

Looks interesting. I'm imagining it as a cross between Myst and Resident Evil, for some reason. Hopefully it's not too-too linear of an experience.

Yeah, that's the only thing that's bugging me. A game about a nonlinear show, where mysteries have been done, and storylines unfold in tangents - how the hell is that going to work. On a side note, some guy was recreating the LOST island using the Farcry engine, over on a LOST forum, that looked pretty cool.

Article on the game from IGN:

Lost Discovers Release Date

The first details are starting to emerge on the television tie-in.

by Daemon Hatfield

July 26, 2007 - Today at ComicCon Ubisoft announced it will ship its game based on the TV series Lost in the first quarter of 2008. The publisher also revealed the game will be found on the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, and PC. While trying to track down details on the title has been as perplexing as watching the show, we should know more about it later today -- Ubisoft is showing the first trailer for the Lost videogame between 5pm and 6pm PDT at ComicCon this evening.

"Ubisoft has worked closely with ABC Studios and the show's producers to create a compelling storyline that has the same mystery, adventure, and intensity fans of the show have come to expect from the Lost brand," said Helene Juguet, senior director of marketing for Ubisoft.

"The sense of adventure and suspense that we strive for in the show is also captured in the Lost videogame," said Damon Lindelof and Carlton Cuse, executive producers of the Lost television series. "Ubisoft has done a fantastic job and come up with a game that is visually amazing and imaginative both on its own and as an extension of the world of the show."

As a teaser to the trailer, Ubisoft disclosed a few tidbits on what we can expect from the Lost game. Players take on the role of one of the passengers who survived the crash of Oceanic flight 815. It sounds like the main character will be someone new, and not one of the show's lead actors. Gameplay will unfold much like the show -- you'll have to try and unravel the mysteries of the island while dealing with unsettled business in your past. There will be familiar environments to explore and recognizable characters to interact with. Ubisoft says we'll even get to battle the "smoke monster."

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/808/808226p1.html

And there's a trailer from Comic-Con:

http://media.xbox360.ign.com/media/829/829060/vids_1.html

Haha, that video is class.

At one frame it shows the man of the two scientist couples, at another it looks liek ii shows the original Hanslo building from earlier pics and websites.

At one point it flashes up in text "God loves you as he loves Jacob"

Before the end cut its a shot of someone at the others compound riding a bike.

Sign in to follow this