TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
RavishingRickRudo

LOST

I just didn't care for this episode at all, even the 'big reveal' was pretty much granted and foreshadowed at the start of season 4. Sun/Jin lost all interest when she got pregnant for me, all they do now is mention she's going to die because of the baby once in a while, if they remember.

This season has been pretty poor over all so far, only stand out moments were Desmond's Episode, Locke being a psycho and Ben's mind games.

This season has been poor? Holy crap.

Scroby, the show is set in 2004. I believe that, yes, we are supposed to believe Sun is 24. The actress is currently 34 or 30 in 2004 time.

I think you're on to something about the shadiness of everyone. Something out of the ordinary went down.

How far-fetched is it to believe that Jin is alive when there is already one lie on his tombstone, the date of his death?

This was my absolute least favorite type of Lost episode: one which just hit you with a bunch of swerves and did zero to explain how they came to be. It's like Vince Russo wrote it; making the audience say "OMG WTF?!" is a bigger concern than actually moving the plot forward or anything. Plus, simultaneous parallel flashback and flashforward, that's just fuckin' cheating.

Is Jin being dead off the island any more of a swerve then Hurley being in an insane asylum?

It's how you use the plot device of flash forward.

Watching the episode a second time the swerves aren't swerves at all. It's just what you were lead to believe - which is actually intelligent writing.

I'm not seeing the whole Jin had a flashback, Sun had a flashfoward thing. I think those were both definitely flash-fowards, it's just so hard to make sense of it.

I liked this episode, it was slower like last weeks until the end, where there was one holy shit after another. Ben's definitely got Michael by the short and curly's, I'm guessing he sent someone to intercept the boat, take Walt and tell Michael what he had to do to get him back.

I like it right now because we've been getting a good amount of answers this season, and right now I feel just as 'lost' as ever.

I'm not seeing the whole Jin had a flashback, Sun had a flashfoward thing. I think those were both definitely flash-fowards, it's just so hard to make sense of it.

Jin's scenes were definitely flashbacks - the older model cell phone, his shouting that he'll kill the cab-stealer, the "year of the dragon" reference (last was 2001, next is 2012), his saying he's only been married 2 months, the date of death on his tombstone.

No...Jin's was clearly a flashback. From the old-fashioned cell phone, to Jin telling the nurse he was only married 2 months, to the guy in the toy store saying it was the Year of the Dragon....which would have either meant it was 2000 or 2012 (which it wouldn't have been 2012 considering Sun was still pregnant with her first child)

Edited by NYU'S Not A MOD

Wait - I'm supposed to believe that Sun is 24?

if the tombstone said 1980, then Sun should be 27 or 28. I'm 24 and I was born in 1983, but my birthday isn't until November. So depending on her actual birthday date, she should be 27 or 28.

I'm not referring to believing the character's age.. it's just that the actress who plays her does not look 24, IMO.

The whole swerve thing with Jin racing to the hospital was just stupid.

He's going to see Sun...wait

SWERVE

He's seeing a business partner, he's evil again...wait

SWERVE

IT'S A FLASHBACK...Thus

POINTLESS

Seriously. Other than them trying to pull one over on the viewers it was 100% pointless

I think what they were trying to do with the flash backs was drive home the point of how he's changed for the better on the island, thus making his death more dramatic, but there just wasn't enough material there to work with. They really should have had him be violent to get the panda, or kick the shit out of the guy who bumped him to drive this home.

That's my interpretation of it.

I thought he HAD to get the Panda because that was the only way Sun could have the baby; with a stuffed Panda next to it. Yeah, yeah, sounds stupid, but it's LOST. Maybe that was the cure Juliet was looking for. :huh:

I did actually think during that that one of the last scenes would be Jin telling Sun that not only would he be there, but he'd bring her a panda. What they did was much better.

Jin's dead :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

And Hurley is the only one of the 6 who seems to try and keep touch, while not having a breakdown in front of his fellow 6 like Jack does.

So, with all the J names, it's possible that Jack was at Sawyer, Locke, Juliet, or Jin's funeral... or there's another swerve along the way.

Didn't Michael go by the name Kevin Johnson?

Yeah, so the cat isnt let out of the bag that he is working for Ben (well kinda, Ben appears to have Walt captive in some capacity)......

I don't think that's a remote possibility. Kate looked/sounded repulsed by going to the funeral that Jack attended... in urban Los Angeles. Jin wouldn't be buried there, also Hurley and Sun obviously still love him.

Guest LuckyLopez

Jin in the coffin doesn't seem to make any sense with the timeline. Jin's obviously buried when Sun gives birth, so at most that's 6 or 7 months past "now." When Jack goes to the funeral he's full blown alcoholic and having a mental breakdown, where we've seen 2 flashbacks where he seems to just be struggling with it and starting to drink. Kate appears to be past her trial at that point and Jack is clearly in a much worse state than when he was at the end of her trial. And Hurley is there looking fairly together, so it stands to reason that he's not yet losing his mind, seeing Charlie, and back in the hospital... another flashback where Jack seems in better state than at the funeral.

It seems like of the 5 flash forwards we've gotten following Jack and Hurley's mental states and Kate's freedom would setup this timeline.

Sun's - Sun's delivery makes it soon and Hurley's state of mind puts it before his own.

Kate's - Kate's trial puts it relatively soon and Jack's state of mind puts it before his own.

Hurley's - Hurley's state of mind puts it after Sun's and Jack's state of mind puts it before his own.

Jack's - Jack's state of mind puts it after Hurley and Kate's.

Sayid's could have fit anywhere, presumably since it didn't feature any of the other other 4. And Sun and Kate's could probably be switched or concurrent since neither Jack nor Kate's were in Sun's and neither Hurley nor Sun in Kate's. Although I want to say that they gave actual dates on Kate's that would clearly put it after Sun's.

Plus, if the headstone says he died the day of the crash than there wouldn't even be a body to bury when they got home. My presumption was that the grave was just symbolic for Sun, like a fallen soldier whose body is never recovered. Unless they bring the body back with them. Which adds a new spin and an explanation for the "8 survived the crash, 6 lived" story. Perhaps they came home with 2 bodies.

I'm Pretty sure the flash forwards are going backwards timeline wise.

Flash Forward 1: Jack is a mess, he has a beard and is taking a lot of pills. Plus he was able to get ahold of Kate.

Flash Forward 2: Hurley goes back to the mental ward. Jack sees Hurley get arrested on tv but Jack is clean cut and is mixing a drink. When Jack goes and visits Hurley Jack states "I'm thinking about growing a beard.".

Flash Forward 3: Sayid........there's nothing to really say anything about the timeline here.

Flash Forward 4: Kate's going to trail. Jack shows up and is still clean cut. The only thing I can think of here about this Flash Forward is that if Kate hadn't gone to trail yet she most likely wouldn't have been able to meet up with Jack at the airport.

Flash Forward 5: Sun has the baby, Jin is dead, and Hurley shows up. Hurley would have been in the mental ward if the flash forwards were moving forward on the timeline.

So the flash fowards are basically going backwards to where they leave the island. Oh and if the flash forwards are going backwards timeline wise, then Jin would have already been buried in Jack's flash forward.

Edit: I just realized I pretty much repeated what Lopez posted. Sorry about that.

Could the person in the coffin be Sayed? Given that he was working for Ben, that could have given the response Kate gave to Jack at the end about last season regarding the deceased. Either that or Locke somehow gets off the island in some undercover means, and in the process ruffled a bunch of feathers in doing so.

I don't think Jin's dead at all. It's possible he was forced to stay on the island (like some others were) and Sun just goes there to feel close to him. Clearly, the date on the tombstone is wrong, if that's wrong, what else is?

I don't think that Hurley would have said "let's go see him" about going to the grave if he were alive still. The date on the tombstone is part of the overall cover up that's going on, but I think that Jin is dead.

I don't think Jin's dead at all. It's possible he was forced to stay on the island (like some others were) and Sun just goes there to feel close to him. Clearly, the date on the tombstone is wrong, if that's wrong, what else is?

How could anyone think this theory is logical? Jin is still alive and on the island, but Sun having the baby and crying at his grave is all part of the cover up? And why would one assume that the date on the tombstone is wrong?

Jin is dead. The date on the tombstone is part of the cover up.

Part of the coverup or not - the date clearly IS WRONG.

It says 9/22/04 but it's approximately 12/26/04 on the show and he's still alive.

I think what they were trying to do with the flash backs was drive home the point of how he's changed for the better on the island, thus making his death more dramatic, but there just wasn't enough material there to work with. They really should have had him be violent to get the panda, or kick the shit out of the guy who bumped him to drive this home.

That's my interpretation of it.

He told him he'd hunt him down and rip his head off and some other shit.

Sign in to follow this