TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
RavishingRickRudo

LOST

Guest Evolution

Okay, so what happened after Kate apologized to Dr. Jack when he explained that his father died in Sydney?

My recording off TiVo cut off at that point.

Good episode. Not fan-fucking-tastic like last weeks, but still really fun.

Spoilers within!

1. Jack finds the waterfall. It's another miracle! Holy crap.

2. Anyone else hear Jack's last name? SHEPHERD~! (Or Shepper? I hope Sheopard).

3. Locke is so the man. His motivation speech to Jack in the jungle was great.

4. Sawyer = awesome. Giving Kate the "sherriff" badge = awesome. Hoarding cigarettes = awesome. Sawyer = AWESOME.

5. Locke DID SEE THE MONSTER. HOLY SHIT. "Beautiful"?????!?!?~!?

Not enough Sayid, though. You can never get enough Sayid.

Ummm...out of curiosity, has anyone here read Lord of The Flies? I see Locke as Simon (The Jesus figure), Jack as Jack, The Fat guy as Piggy. Plus, The wild boar connection really ties it all together. The fact that the black lady hinted at the fact their may be more survivors on the other side of the island really makes it parallel the book. I just wondered if anyone else caught the connection.

GOOD FUCKING JESUS.

BEST.SHOW.ON.TV.PERIOD.

And it only gets better.

- Sawyer. Remember the name. AWESOME. "It sucks, don't it?" was just straight gangsta, because I'm sure a lot of people expected him to apologize or say "Cheer up" or something. Nas. Not Sawyer.

- Jack's character just went *KA_BOOM*. Like Rudo mentioned, the paralells between Jack and Locke are solid.

- Locke being the Baba to Jack's Misawa in the jungle is easily one of the finest moments this show has produced so far.

- The writers of Lost earn my love once again by hinting that Charley will be hittin' Claire soon.

- Dueling tribes? We'll see. The waterfall should look beautiful in the sunlight. The symbolism between what the coffin and waterfall represented for Jack was fucking brilliant.

- I give it three episodes before Jack and Kate have a "shared moment".

Jack is Ralph - thrust into the responsibility of leadership. Being a doctor is his conch shell - his sign of power and status.

Piggy and Hurley have certain similarities in how they look at Jack/Ralph. The sidekick.

Jack is difficult to place - it could be Sawyer, it could be Sayid. Or Sayid is Jack and Sawyer is Roger.

Simon is Locke

LOST gives "nods" to a bunch of things, though I dunno how extreme they'll be going with this. If they could manage half the symbolism of LOTF, then this could be one for the ages.

Just got to watch an episode on tape...considering everything that's been happening with the Red Sox, I forgot all about this show until now.

Seeing Jack's story was really solid stuff...and his motive for going to Austrilia. Jack's father dying, THEN getting in a plane crash. Jack finding his CASKET ON THE FUCKING ISLAND, and finding it EMPTY. Holy SHIT, this guy went through a lot.

Sawyer is fucking awesome. "How's it feel in taking my place on the top of everyone's hated list?"

Kate's still hooooooooot.

Locke and Jack's dialogue out in the forest was great stuff. Did this stuff happen for a reason? The monster was BEAUTIFUL? It's really weird about how different the characters were at first, but these guys are exactly the same now.

"A leader can't lead til he knows where he's going."

The Jack/Locke scene was probably the best part of the show yet...and I say that every week. I hope this goes on DVD.

Questions for next week: What did Jack exactly do so bad in the past that his mother accussed him of?

"You don't have what it takes"

and

"Don't tell me what I can't do"

AWESOME CONNECTION. Locke and Jack, this is so fucking awesome.

Based off of this, they need to work in a "What do you do, Jack?" line in there.

Questions for next week: What did Jack exactly do so bad in the past that his mother accussed him of?

My take on it was psychological. That Jack's parents thought he was weak, because he didn't "have what it takes" like his father.

But based on this show...it probably won't be that simple.

Guest Evolution
"You don't have what it takes"

and

"Don't tell me what I can't do"

AWESOME CONNECTION.  Locke and Jack, this is so fucking awesome.

Based off of this, they need to work in a "What do you do, Jack?" line in there.

"Who is your daddy, and what does he do?"

Just for the hell of it.

I just had a good idea for a plot twist:

Some random guy who hasn't been talked about yet gets into an argument with whoever (Sawyer probably) and it's about something. Kate rushes over and asks the two to break it up, and the random guy tells Kate "that you can never stay out of his business, can you." Everyone's kind of confused as Kate becomes a wreck. "What do you want now?" Kate looks at him and says "I just don't want you to break my heart anymore..." She runs off crying as everyone looks at the random guy. Sayid: What is your problem, man? Random guy walks away...to a flashback.

Kate and him are in bed (don't get any crazy ideas, lol) and talking about their future after they get married and what their kids names will be, etc. They really drive home that the two love each other and will be together forever. Cut back to random guy contiuning to walk away from the rest of the group. Commercial.

Random guy is sitting on the beach by himself later in the show. Flashback. In the middle of an argument with Kate that's pretty intense, and add in your own mood of emotion and pauses between lines.

"I have to take this job for two years, Kate. It's more important than anything right now.

More important than US???

Kate, look. You know how much I've worked for this. I have to do this for two years and it could change my life. I love you too much to see you hurt.

Well, I'd say you're hurting me now...

I don't want to hurt you by staying together. I can't do that.

Then I'll move with you.

Kate, it's not that easy...I can't bring anyone with me. Not even you. You need to start your life over again, and find something new. You've given so much up for us that it's going to end up biting you in the ass in the future. Do what you want to do Kate. I'll always love you, you just need to understand.

(Kate storms out and cries. Man looks at plane ticket. Destination: Austrilia.)"

Flashback over. The guy comes back to reality when he hears Jack talking to him. Jack sits down and asks him to explain:

"You know her, don't you?

Yeah.

How?

We were going to get married, we've been together since we graduated high school 4 years ago. I ended up going to college and she decided to stay at home when she could of gone to any school in the country, but she wanted to be with me.

What happened?

I got an offer with my job (explain that later) to move to Austrilia six months ago for two years. I knew Kate and I wouldn't last and so I had no choice but to leave her. She wouldn't give up...she's never been able to let go and start over again...

What were you doing on the plane coming back to America with her then?

Look man, do you have to ask so many questions?

...please?

Alright. I was asked by the US Marshalls to testify in court as a witness when she was coming back to Austrilia. That's why she was there. To come find me.

What did she do for a cr...?

She stole 3 million dollars and wired it to my bank account so she could be with me. She thought it would be the right thing to do, though money was never the issue. I don't know how she got my account, she's stalked me everyday. I was hoping that if I could convince the court to just get her help and away from me, then everything would be OK. I just couldn't take it anymore..."

That's just a rough draft, but it's something.

My take on it was psychological. That Jack's parents thought he was weak, because he didn't "have what it takes" like his father.

He did some type of action, I think disowning his father would be up there.

I've been wondering; what's up with Michael? Did he kidnap Walt and tell him to tell people that his mother died? The kid doesn't seem that broken up over it.

Can you guys help me out with the coffin scene? Was it really Jack's father's? The old dolls threw me.

Man, this show is awesome. Abrams is an amazing storyteller. If you're familiar with his work, specifically Alias, you've got to be loving his references... Alice in Wonderland, the number 47 (46 once the swimmer died).

Amazing stuff.

Man, this show is awesome. Abrams is an amazing storyteller. If you're familiar with his work, specifically Alias, you've got to be loving his references... Alice in Wonderland, the number 47 (46 once the swimmer died).

I've no idea about the 47 actually. 42 I could get a handle on. But reference-wise, he had me at Initech...

Was it ever said that Jack was a doctor? I figure he couldn't hack it in school and dropped out, or decided he didn't want to be in medicine anymore after only a few years practicing. Perhaps he just couldn't deal with the stresses of patients dying or having to be the one to make the hard decisions anymore.

Sign in to follow this