TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
BorneAgain

GTA: San Andreas

Does anyone have any tips on "Photo Opportunity"? I tried 3 times, and have been unsuccessful, I always take Ryder's photo, but I can't seem to nail the other guy, and I'm getting pissed off.

I almost completely missed the second guy, but caught a picture of him from behind and it still counted for some reason. Just make sure you're aware after the first two, there are 2 more guys who show up off to the right. Be ready for them.

Well my God, I finally got to a part of the game that ALMOST made me it's bitch.

The Driving School.

No I didn't have trouble with all of it, it was almost all too easy. I didn't have a problem with any of the tests except for the last one. One of the most frustrating missions in the GTA games for me have been the "don't damage your vehicle" ones, blah. I tried over and over, and maybe on my tenth try I finally passed it, with a pretty good score also.

The first few times I tried to pass it I misread it and thought it said I had to do it in under 1:20, instead of 120 seconds. Once I finally saw that it said 120 seconds, two minutes, I slowed down a bit. I finally got to the point where I realized that I could slow down quite a bit and still do the test with time to spare. Once I realized that it was pretty simple.

But oh by before I knew that, argh!

Guest Shutterspeed
Ugh, there is one thing that I hate about the GTA games.

THEY ALWAYS FREEZE ON ME!!!

Tell me about it. This one froze as I was driving down the road after completing a rather difficult mission. I could hear the engine running and the radio playing for a bit, but then the former started screwing up and I had no choice but to take it, because I didn't want to fuck the disc up.

The second time was when I was in the pause menu - I was in the map and hit 'X' to enlarge it and it had the wait message up for ages. I got out of that, but it was still a real pain in the ass.

Have you ever hard Carl crouch and then have him unable to get back up no matter what?

I almost took to my brains with a fork after having to put up with her taunting through several runs of the 'chase the liquor store bandits' mission.

I was legitimately annoyed when she showed up in "Farewell, My Love..."

I laughed out loud when I got a call from Catalina later on. I doubt it's random, so I won't talk about it, but it was so freakin' short and unexpected I just kinda looked at my TV for a second then laughed out loud.

I also like Wu Zi. The dude is just smooth. I got through the "Amphibious Assault" mission and I just like him. Plus, you get pretty good cash for the missions you do for him. I'd love it if you'd return to Los Santos at the head of a Triad army and just clean out the Ballaz and everyone else. Then it's Triads and Grove Streets dividing up the spoils.

Yeah, that'd be pretty sweet. *starts daydreaming*

I need a tip on what kind of car to use for the FIRST race with Wu Zi. Should I go for a 4x4 car, or just go for something that is fast? The race seems long as hell.......

Also. For the countryside missions. Is it mandatory to do those kind of side-missions where you dropped the truck off with Catalina where the guy said "come back any time etc" Also how many missions are left in the country side after you meet Wu-Zi for the first time?

Guest Shutterspeed

Mike:

1. The default car at Catalina's will get you through the race with flying colours.

2. No, those trucker missions are only required if and when you are chasing 100%.

3. After "Wu Zi Mu", there is one mission left in the Los Santos-San Fierro country ("Farewell, My Love...") and it is essentially a harder version of the one you're currently on.

Guest Evolution

Woozie is awesome because during your first attack on the Da Nang boys, he goes insane yelling at them as you gun them all down.

That reminds me, I should list my five favorite missions that I had during my time with the game.

No particular order, they were all cool.

1. Just Business

2. Reuniting the Families

3. The Da Nang Thang

4. Outrider

5. Black Project

Guest DubWiser

Riding in the Mothership to San Fierro with The Truth while he talks about mescaline vodka and shit has been my highlight so far.

Riding in the Mothership to San Fierro with The Truth while he talks about mescaline vodka and shit has been my highlight so far.

That's been my personal funniest mission so far.

"Aw shit, there's gotta be like 2 tons of that crap back here!"

"Thhhhhrrrrrreeeeee...."

Yeah his talk about mescaline vodka and polar bears later on is classic.

Guest theanswer1824

do any of you have cj as a fat guy? i do, but with muscle also. he is slow but i'm going for the "big dawg" look.

Guest Shutterspeed

That's great if you want gameplay to be unnecessarily difficult and his stature not to work logically with the story.

I'm taking a much needed break from this game, as I'm an unbelieveably frustrated with just about every aspect of the missions I seem to be encountering. I just need to chill because if I attempted again now, I'd probably end up kicking my PS2 out onto the street.

Thankfully, University is taking up most of my time these days, so I'm not playing out of lack of anything else to do.

Guest Evolution

Flying school and driving school provided me with plenty of frustrating moments, and I came very close to getting that way with Zero's missions as well. I love the missions that are difficult, but so fun that you want to repeat them.

Guest Evolution

A tip on N.O.E.:

In your flight leading up to the corona in Angel Pine, stay above water for AS LONG AS YOU CAN. Don't make any sudden turns towards the corona, you have so much time to finish this mission. Take your time doing everything, and once you hit the corona, get the hell back to water as soon as you can. You'll cut it close plenty of times, and you might ram yourself into a tree once or twice, but as long as you can keep the USAF from being alerted to your presence, do whatever you can to stay above the water and below the radar.

Water is your friend, land is not. Water only gets unfriendly when you get too close, because if you even so much as touch water, your mission is over.

I hated this mission too, but it's worth gritting your teeth and getting through it, since the other Airstrip missions are very badass.

Ugh, Zero's "Supply Lines" mission is the worst. I can barely kill the last courier, let alone get back to his stupid store. Stupid fuel.

This is the one that finally "got" me also.

Damnit.

The way I did that one was you have to kill the first two close guys right away. As soon as you leave the roof open fire on the van...you should be able to bring it down before you even reach the road it's on. The turn and take out the biker on the street next to it. If you don't get them both right away...reload and start over because you won't have enough fuel to get back.

I hit all 5 guys as quick as I could and I still ran out of fuel just before landing once. But the next time I barely made it.

The last Zero mission is really fun...so stick through this one.