TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
BorneAgain

GTA: San Andreas

I'm thinking of making my CJ a bulimic. Puke up that chicken, fatty.

If you order like 8 of the jumbo meals, he'll yak it up in front of the counter. Public bulimia rules.

I know. I just need to figure out an outfit that goes with bulimia. Are there emo glasses in this game? Somehow making CJ an angsty bulimic emo would be great.

Guest Shutterspeed

I'd just like to know the requirements exactly for a gold medal-worthy donut at driving school.

Oh yeah, and notice the 80's videogame music that plays when you get back non-passing results at that place.

I'd just like to know the requirements exactly for a gold medal-worthy donut at driving school.

The 360? Make one full rotation in either direction. Once you've done that, swing back and forth a little until time expires. If you keep going in the same direction, you won't end up in the right end position.

Guest Shutterspeed

Oh, so it's just a matter of finishing in the same position as you started in?

Guest Shutterspeed

Alright, I picked up the gold on that one.

Another thing at driving school that I'm finding exceptionally hard is nailing that perfect 90 degree park in between the two cars.

A lot of the tests were painful trial and error for me. The one where you do a barrel roll, I hit perfectly once within 10 tries, then didn't even get close when playing around another 50 times. I don't think I'll ever get gold on the two wheels, or the cross-town race. Most of the others weren't too hard.

Guest Shutterspeed

I've currently got four gold medals at driving school, but am getting really sick and tired of the lack of mission organisation in San Fierro.

The gold medals are for the 360, 180, "Whip and Terminate" and "Pop and Control". The rest offer their own problems.

How the hell do I get gold on Pop and Control, and the city run in Driving School?

If that's the one with the cop car and spike strip, it seems to be partly based on luck. Sometimes your car will spin out after blowing the tires, and sometimes it won't. If it does, you're out of luck unless you're really good at controlling the car. If it doesn't spin, and you keep going straight, keep your thumb on the gas, and gently make your way around the cones (you might not have to turn at all), into the end of the run. If you stop straight, and close enough to the end cones, you should get 100%.

Guest Evolution

Pop and Control Tip:

More often than not, once your car hits the spike strip, take your finger off the gas. There might be an instance where gassing it is necessary, but this is not likely to be the case. Guide your car through the cones and make the best stop possible for 100%

City Slicking Tip:

Hey, if you fail the first time, no quitting and restarting at another time. Rockstar has implemented a system where the game will get easier if you start to get stuck. It won't be very noticeable, but if you fail City Slicking over and over and over and over, the same taps of a car that gave you 1% will need to be four or five taps before it registers as 1%. Use Rockstar's new difficulty system to your advantage, but don't abuse it. Remain careful. As soon as you pop out of the driving school, make a safe cut across of the land in front of your safe house across from the driving school. Take a left and immediately get into the center of the tram lane. If there is a tram coming (90% of the time it won't), swerve out of the way but get back in quickly. Watch out for cars pulling into the intersection from the left or right. When you absolutely must turn off this main road, make a right and instead of taking your first left, go down the hill and then take a left. Continue straight through the next intersection as you go down the weaving downhill road (if you've sped through the first part, be CAREFUL here). When you see the marker in the distance, get ready for one of the more advanced parts of this mission, as you'll hit the handbrake and turn your car around 180 degrees to face it the other way. DO NOT LET YOUR THUMB OFF THE GAS WHEN HANDBRAKING THE TURN. If your car comes to a complete stop, the mission will be over, and to have a mission failed when you're halfway through is frustrating. Once you've completed the turn, return on the same course that you took to get to the turn around point, except in reverse, obviously. Keep in the center and if you're jonesing for time, gun it down the tram tracks and take a chance that a car might cross into your intersection and you might not be ready for it.

To summarize:

- Be alert

- Don't ever come to a complete stop unless you KNOW you've failed the mission and don't want to waste time.

- Never quit the mission and move onto something else, take advantage of Rockstar's difficulty system and keep retrying it until you can nail it down. Practice makes perfect is not so cliche in this instance.

- When making the handbrake turn, hit the handbrake, turn, and keep your finger on the gas, no matter what.

- When you're on the tram track in the home stretch, and you're feeling nervous about time, hit that gas and go for it. It's better to go fast and possibly get into a crash but know that you could've made it if that car wasn't RIGHT THERE, than it is to go at a medium pace and end up crashing into no cars, but guess what, you weren't fast enough.

City Slicking is one of the most frustrating missions I encountered in the game. Don't exit out of the driving school if you're feeling like kicking the nearest pet, just put down the controller and clear your mind and go right back in.

Guest Shutterspeed

I haven't completed it yet, but "City Slicking" really doesn't seem too hard. The main challenge looks to be keeping your speed up as you weave around the corners at the other end of the city.

"Pop and Control" was really easy when I actually tried too. As Evolution said, take your foot off the gas when you hit the spikes, because if you don't, the car will spin out of control and you'll hit cones, ruling out any possibility of a gold medal. From there, keep it as straight as possible, don't hit any cones (obviously) and try and finish as straight and close to the end cone as possible.

Guest Evolution
I haven't completed it yet, but "City Slicking" really doesn't seem too hard. The main challenge looks to be keeping your speed up as you weave around the corners at the other end of the city.

Yeah, but the weaving can get pretty bitchy in a car like the Super GT. Blind turns also suck. And the occasional car that gets a green light when you're blasting through a red and it travels downhill and smacks right into you? Very frustrating.

Guest Shutterspeed

It's hardest when you have to take the downhill right. I find it's safest to ease off the accelerator there, touch the light and then negotiate a safe u-turn.

... and then try and keep your speed up to beat the time while not smashing into anything. Having to do it in under 100 seconds makes it extra hard.

Is Lazlow in this game? Dammit I can't play GTA without him on my radio!

I like how in the 1st one you were just some mob thug. In Vice City you were an italian mobster. And in this one you're a street level gang banging thug.

So much criminal variety.

Maurice's Gardening tips is funny as fuck: "You sound like a spenster with two pussies."

Anyway, I finally beat the Esse's on the train with Big Smoke and beat both Russian missions, now Im on OG Loc's "House Party" mission. I see why them cats are called the "Balla Gang" because anytime I kill one of them they always got a lot of money on them. Chea! :headbang:

Can someone help me on the "photo oppurtunity" mission. I get to the rooftop, and take pictures of the eazy-e looking gang member. Then the mexican guy shows up and I take a pic of him. Is there someone else I am not getting that is causing me to keep failing, or am I just not getting the mexican guy's FACE clear enough? Failing this mission sucks because you have to drive across the damn country to get to the place. Please tell me the rest of the San Fierro missions take place IN San Fierro.

Guest Evolution
Which one is the talk radio station?

WCTR.

As for photo opportunity, you have to take a picture of three people. If all else fails, look at your radar and see where the third one is coming from. I assure you that you have to take a picture of Ryder, the Mexican guy (T-Bone Mendez), and a third man (who will be unidentified at that time).

Can someone help me on the "photo oppurtunity" mission. I get to the rooftop, and take pictures of the eazy-e looking gang member. Then the mexican guy shows up and I take a pic of him. Is there someone else I am not getting that is causing me to keep failing, or am I just not getting the mexican guy's FACE clear enough? Failing this mission sucks because you have to drive across the damn country to get to the place. Please tell me the rest of the San Fierro missions take place IN San Fierro.

There's four guys you need to take pictures of. Jizzy the Pimp, Ryder (Eazy E), the Mexican guy, and IIRC Mike Toreno (white guy). Just zoom out and constantly look around for cars showing up. Cesar provides running commentary on the people you need to take pics of, so it makes it a bit easier.

I also didn't think the driving school was too bad. Not even close to the insanity that is Supply Lines. I still hate that mission.

Can someone help me on the "photo oppurtunity" mission.  I get to the rooftop, and take pictures of the eazy-e looking gang member.  Then the mexican guy shows up and I take a pic of him.  Is there someone else I am not getting that is causing me to keep failing, or am I just not getting the mexican guy's FACE clear enough?  Failing this mission sucks because you have to drive across the damn country to get to the place.  Please tell me the rest of the San Fierro missions take place IN San Fierro.

There's four guys you need to take pictures of. Jizzy the Pimp, Ryder (Eazy E), the Mexican guy, and IIRC Mike Toreno (white guy). Just zoom out and constantly look around for cars showing up. Cesar provides running commentary on the people you need to take pics of, so it makes it a bit easier.

I also didn't think the driving school was too bad. Not even close to the insanity that is Supply Lines. I still hate that mission.

Ok, so then cars from different places then. I was just looking in that one alleyway. Now, you don't have to move from the spot you are in right? You just stay on the roof?

Guest Shutterspeed

Mike, after you take a photo, zoom out so that you can see who's coming. Get the four photos and the mission's done. You don't have to move from where you are.

Guest DubWiser
Mike, after you take a photo, zoom out so that you can see who's coming. Get the four photos and the mission's done. You don't have to move from where you are.

Ya. Two guys pull up on the left, then two on the right. The last guy gets dropped off and exits the passenger side door of the car he's in.

And if you should fail, don't reload, as when you try again you can skip the cross country trek with the trip skipper or whatever it's called.

Wierd. I was doing the photo op mission and got face shots of Ryder, Jizzy & T-Bone. When it came to Toreno, I got the BACK of his head and it still let me pass the mission.

Guest Shutterspeed

Well, my anal-retentive exigency for perfection has led to the game getting what could be a good few weeks shelf life. Oh well.