TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
strummer

Tom Prichard Fired by WWE

Kudos for Tommy, he truly deserves the promotion and hopefully he uses this promotion to benefit some "held down" ECW wrestlers. Dr. Tom don't let the door hit you on your untalented ass.

Preview from next week's Observer:

"Tommy Dreamer has been demoted after only a week for expressing some unpopular opinions..."

Bruce should have been shitcanned, but Tom was an out-of-touch hoss-loving asskisser anyway, I believe.

Bruce should have been shitcanned, but Tom was an out-of-touch hoss-loving asskisser anyway, I believe.

He is also known as Mr. "I love old school wrestling gimmicks", hopefully Brother Love is the next one to get fired and he should get replaced by Paul Heyman.

Pritchard being in charge of the developmental territories is probably one of the biggest reason why we're seeing a bunch of Matt Morgans, Mordecais, Tyson Tomkos, and other generic big guys getting brought up from OVW before they're ready. Pritchard is a very old-school Memphis and Mid-South kind of guy, so he doesn't have much use for many of the smaller talents today like a Rey Misterio.

While this is probably true, wouldn't he have been responsible for the E calling up DAVE and Lesnar then?

Pritchard being in charge of the developmental territories is probably one of the biggest reason why we're seeing a bunch of Matt Morgans, Mordecais, Tyson Tomkos, and other generic big guys getting brought up from OVW before they're ready.  Pritchard is a very old-school Memphis and Mid-South kind of guy, so he doesn't have much use for many of the smaller talents today like a Rey Misterio.

While this is probably true, wouldn't he have been responsible for the E calling up DAVE and Lesnar then?

One or two of them being any good--and out of them, Batista was definitely not ready when he was called up and is just now showing talent--is pretty damning to Tom's rep, I believe>

Guest CronoT
Pritchard being in charge of the developmental territories is probably one of the biggest reason why we're seeing a bunch of Matt Morgans, Mordecais, Tyson Tomkos, and other generic big guys getting brought up from OVW before they're ready.  Pritchard is a very old-school Memphis and Mid-South kind of guy, so he doesn't have much use for many of the smaller talents today like a Rey Misterio.

I believe a quote will best answer this question:

"Even a blind squirrel finds a nut every once in a while."

I believe a quote will best answer this question:

"Even a blind squirrel finds a nut every once in a while."

This is true. Although it's probably fitting that he found two nuts...

Guest Staravenger

Batista took nearly TWO YEARS to start getting over (I mean by himself over). Brock Lesnar needed to go over Hulk Hogan, The Rock, and The Undertaker to finally get the reaction WWE wanted for him (by that I mean REALLY over. The one night @ SSlam doesn't count, since the crowd hated Hollywood Rock)

Pritchard most likely got fired for something other than not doing a good job with development. If it were something like that, surely it would have been reported. A company man like him doesn't get fired out of nowhere without something happening.

They fired the wrong one.....

Bruce Pritchard needs to go....look what he has done with Smackdown.....do we need to forget what he did in the mid 1990's as part of the creative team.....almost drove WWE out of business..

Both are not great....but if they needed to fire someone it was BRUCE not Tom...

Guest CronoT
Pritchard most likely got fired for something other than not doing a good job with development. If it were something like that, surely it would have been reported. A company man like him doesn't get fired out of nowhere without something happening.

Maybe he forgot the creamer in Vince's coffee one too many times. Or, maybe he pissed in the coffee. :P

From what OVW workers told us, Dreamer was not under the impression that he was at OVW for any other reason that to observe the process, which would lead me to believe he had no idea the real reason he was there."

Credit: PWI

I would make every single one of them down there (20 or so?) suffer for leaking info and talking to the 'net. Not only would they be doing extra work outs and taking more bumps, they'd be doing them in slacks and a button up.

Everyone was high on Lesnar, so he was getting called up no matter what. A guy getting paid what Lesnar was (roughly $250,000 a year) to train would only be in OVW for so long before making the main roster.

As for Batista, he was considered one of the bigger stars in OVW, so it wasn't a surprise to see him come up.

Knowing OVW like I do, it doesn't surprise me that Rico, Lesnar, Benjamin, Batista (then known as Leviathon), Cena (Prototype), or others getting called up.

It surprises me a LOT more to see obviously green guys like a Matt Morgan, Travis Bane (Tyson Tomko), Seven (Mordecai), etc. all get called up.

Then again, these ARE the guys who took Horshu, who was a surprisingly good promo guy in OVW who couldn't wrestle worth a shit, and turned him into Angle's bodyguard, a position that requires NO talking and a lot of action.

I can't wait to see the generation of Dreamer trained OVWers.

And remember Lance Storm is also training guys over in OVW as well. So its both Dreamer and Storm.

Guest Quik

Tom came to Rutgers last year and spoke to our Communications class with some other sack of crap. There were many smarks in the audience, and they tore him apart. He had no idea what to say, at one point he brought up Bret for no reason saying "Bret screwed Bret", and that "he convinced himself that he was actually a hero". I think he wanted to piss us off... he was an idiot. Fuck his couch.

Batista took nearly TWO YEARS to start getting over (I mean by himself over). Brock Lesnar needed to go over Hulk Hogan, The Rock, and The Undertaker to finally get the reaction WWE wanted for him (by that I mean REALLY over. The one night @ SSlam doesn't count, since the crowd hated Hollywood Rock)

The same Brock that was turned face after he finally got over as a heel and then was turned heel a few months later after he bombed as a face, Lesnar the one dimensional pro-wrestler with the boring mic skills and flying on his own plane while everybody else was flying coach in a regular plane while buyrates and ratings were still low, yeah, Lesnar was a great WWE success.

Guest wildpegasus
Owen was this close to being fired in 93, but Bret saved his job and got him a push.

Lanny Poffo was fired while Savage was still with the company.

I'm sure there are other examples, can't think of any more

What was the story behind Owen and Bret?

Eric Angle was gotten rid of while Kurt was still with the company.

The same Brock that was turned face after he finally got over as a heel and then was turned heel a few months later after he bombed as a face, Lesnar the one dimensional pro-wrestler with the boring mic skills and flying on his own plane while everybody else was flying coach in a regular plane while buyrates and ratings were still low, yeah, Lesnar was a great WWE success.

Considering he went from a green guy getting Goldberg chants to becoming one of the best workers in the company in less then 2 years- saying he was anything but a success is a pretty stupid thing to say.

Brock was turned face in November 2002.

He turned heel in August 2003.

That's not a few months

Owen was this close to being fired in 93, but Bret saved his job and got him a push.

Lanny Poffo was fired while Savage was still with the company.

I'm sure there are other examples, can't think of any more

What was the story behind Owen and Bret?

Eric Angle was gotten rid of while Kurt was still with the company.

Vince was not high on Owen. Anyone could see this as he was basically a JTTS all of 92 and for most of 93. Owen was very prideful and wanted to have good matches and refused to work with "certain" people (ie bad workers who he would have bad matches with) I think this pissed Vince off. Furthermore, Bruce Hart was going to get the push against Bret in 93, but Bret stepped in and said Bruce sucked and made a power play for Owen.

Oh and David Flair was released while Ric was still in the company.

What in the blue hell makes any of you think that OVW workers trained by Dreamer and Storm will get onto WWE TV? Let's take a look at how Dreamer and Storm were used, shall we?

Right. Now work out the likely use of people trained by them.

EX-ACTLY.

What in the blue hell makes any of you think that OVW workers trained by Dreamer and Storm will get onto WWE TV? Let's take a look at how Dreamer and Storm were used, shall we?

EX-ACTLY.

Those who cant, teach.

So as they werent a success they could probably tell the class what to do right as they did it wrong. Also, by the time thes OVW graduate to the main roster, hardcore wrestling will probably become popular again.

Lance Storm has never struck me as a garbage wrestler. I thought he was more your technical mat worker, the sort that the current WWE 'style' would seem more catered for. It may be that simply because Storm and Dreamer came from WCW and ECW they weren't given a fair shot at things rather than because of a lack of talent or them not fitting with what the company wanted. But still, I don't see wrestlers they fitting well with what the office wants in the ring.

What's more likely to happen is that the indies will pick up better workers from OVW's cast-offs.

Considering he went from a green guy getting Goldberg chants to becoming one of the best workers in the company in less then 2 years- saying he was anything but a success is a pretty stupid thing to say.

Brock was turned face in November 2002.

He turned heel in August 2003.

That's not a few months

How is he one of the best workers when he was in matches with Eddie, Kurt and Benoit? Those guys make anyone look good without even trying, and don't get me wrong I think Lesnar is very athletic for your average hoss but not a great worker b/c he wasn't able to have a good match with anyone besides those 3 I've already mentioned. Being a so called good worker does not equal into a success since he wasn't setting the world on fire.

So his matches are discounted because he worked with great workers?

Watch the match with Eddy again- Brock pretty much carries the match and was the main reason it was a MOTYC.

The three you listed can drag someone to a good match but it takes two people to get a ****+ MOTYC

He also had good matches with Big Show, Chuck Palumbo and others. And in fairness to Brock he was pretty much facing Angle and the Big Show every week in 2003 so he didn't work against many people.

Guest Super Pissed Smark

EX-ACTLY.

Those who cant, teach.

So as they werent a success they could probably tell the class what to do right as they did it wrong. Also, by the time thes OVW graduate to the main roster, hardcore wrestling will probably become popular again.

Lance: "Alright class, be really big and take a lot of 'roids!"

Dreamer: "Don't do anything risky. Pace yourselves. The arm bar is king!"