TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Ice Classic V.2

Smackdown Spoilers

Guest wrestlingbs

Wow. All those weeks of hard work by Kenzo finally paid off ;) .

I think I haven't watched SD in like 4-5 months. Which is great, because it frees up my schedule and spares me from watching SD go from "Nitro bad" to "Thunder bad."

The dumb thing is what did Kenzo/Dupree do to earn a title shot? Nothing. Why wouldn't the FBI get the shot after winning a non title match against the tag champs last week? It's little stuff like this that makes fans not care about matches, because it makes no difference who wins them. There needs to be an emphasis put on winning and more realistic title shots.

Anyone thought post-WM heel Trish sucked? Wow....

Whenever she opened her mouth, yes.

*insert annoying face Jericho joke here*

Her promos at the time were terrible, and it took her a while to get used to it again.

From PWInsider

Here’s a more detailed WWE Smackdown report from Tulsa, OK…

Velocity/Dark Matches

Akio vs. Shannon Moore: Pretty much a standard match, back and forth with Akio getting the win.

Mark Jindrak vs Scotty 2 Hotty: The Reflection of Perfection versus The Worm… Who do you think won? The worm loses in a squash… And Jindrak also held the ropes to win… Extra Note: Jindrak also looked a lot better wrestling this time from the last time I saw him wrestle live, he also did a huracurana but missed cause Scotty was on the top rope and held on.

F.B.I. vs Basham Brothers: Another pretty basic match nothing overly exciting but not boring either. The Bashams got the win using the ropes, but the ref saw the error and restarted the match, and then the FBI won.

Booker T. vs. Brandon Groom (from Oklahoma Championship Wrestling aka Vinnie Valentino): Squash match with Booker T winning with the axe kick… sucka!

Smackdown Matches

The show starts in the backstage with JBL and Orlando Jordan talking to each other. JBL asks where he is at tonight and Orlando tells him Tulsa. Then JBL cuts a promo about there is nothing in Oklahoma except for Buffalo, Bingo Parlors, and drunk Indians (lol). Then made a cardinal sin by saying how the Texas Longhorns always beat the Oklahoma Sooners which started a “Boomer Sooner” chant. Then next…

Holla! Holla! Playa! Playa! Theodore Long announced that because Luther Reigns' interfered last week that Eddie Guerrero and Kurt Angle would have a rematch tonight! In a lumberjack match!

JBL and the “chief of staff ” Orlando Jordan rides in the limo to the ring for the next match…

JBL with Orlando Jordan vs. Charlie Haas: Pretty good match, better than I ever expected with JBL getting the win while Charlie Haas was distract by Orlando Jordan chasing after Jackie with the dreadful CLOTHESLINE FROM HELL!

JBL gets on the mic again post match and tells everyone that since he’s been champion the economy has gotten better and the U.S. ruled the Olympics (something like that) except for the U.S. men’s basketball team and they were all criminals like Eddie Guerrero and then our favorite GM Holla! Holla! Playa! Playa! Theodore Long announced that JBL would be defending the title at No Mercy against the Undertaker in a last ride match… The last ride match will have no submission, pinfall or count out. You can only win when you throw your oppenent into the back of a hearse.

Kenzo Suzuki talks about how he loves America… blah… blah… blah…

Kidman/London vs. Dupree/Suzuki (Tag Title Match): Pre-match they show Kidman’s problems of late not being able to do the Shooting star press… Paul London right shoulder and arm was heavily taped. Back and forth match and Kidman went up for the Shooting Star Press but of course… he chickened out and then left and went backstage. That leaves London all by himself and Suzuki hits him with his finisher (don’t know what it’s called…yet…) Your Winner and ugh… New Tag Team Champions, Kenzo Suzuki and Rene Dupree… After the win, the both have mics and Kenzo chants USA! USA! USA! While Dupree chants SUCKS! SUCKS! SUCKS!

Promos for Carribean Carlito Cool

They replayed the whole Spike Dudley turning on Rey to catch us up to date…

Rey Mysterio vs. “The Boss” Spike Dudley… D-von and Bubba follow… and then the “other” Dudleys eventually interfered in the match then Hardcore Holly (when did Hardcore start hanging out with Rey?) and RVD saved the day for Rey and the referee made the decision for a 6 man tag…

Rey Mysterio, RVD, and Hardcore Holly versus The Dudleys: Good match from everyone… no 619 from Rey, but RVD hit the frog splash and Hardcore hit the Alabama Slam and Rey Mysterio, RVD, and Hardcore Holly won the match…

Another promo from Carribean Carlito Cool about how he hates kids cause they ain’t cool.

And a graphic for the Big Show coming back to 2 weeks, to which everyone booed.

John Cena came out and cut his promo on Booker T about how Cena was down and out and how was gonna make a come back cause he’s the champ. And then cut a rap about how Booker misses Harlem Heat and Stevie Ray because he was gay…

T. Long tell Heyman from his action last week with HEIDENREICH!!! that since HEIDENREICH!!! was not in the building he had to wrestle a smackdown announcer. Heyman said he would not wrestle Tazz since Heyman himself is not a wrestler. Long told Heyman that it wouldn’t be Tazz to which Heyman said that he could easily beat Michael Cole. Heyman goes to the ring and talks smack to Cole and then Funaki’s music hit… Funaki starts to pound Heyman then out come HEIDENREICH!!! and basically destroys Funaki. And then after the match, HEyman talks more smack to Michael Cole out on the floor then HEIDENREICH!!! chases Michael Cole… Tazz just stands there like he’s lost.

Angle vs. Guerrero in a lumberjack match… The Lumberjacks (20) in the match were Akio, Booker T, The Dudleys, Basham Brothers, Hardcore Holly, HEIDENREICH!!!! John Cena, F.B.I., Kenzo Suzuki, Luther Reigns, Mark Jindrak, Rene Dupree, Rey Mysterio, RVD, Scotty 2 Hotty, Shannon Moore. Eddie rolls out in a bright yellow El Camino lookin low-rider. Kurt Angle came out to “YOU SUCKS” chants… Onto the match… Excellent match went about 20 minutes (I didn’t time it) very good ring work… The first half of the match was pretty basic with mat wrestling and then turned into more of a higher impact match with submissions (Ankle Lock used by Angle and Guerrero) and suplexes. At one point towards the end of the match, Eddie was going for the frog splash and Luther Raines “on my parade when he wrestles…lol” interfered and Eddie was hung up on the top rope. Angle then Superplexes him from the top and a couple minutes after that Luther Raines got into the ring and started pounding on Eddie, which caused a free for all with all the lumberjacks battling it out with each other…until… “IT’S THE BIG SLOW! IT’S A BIG BAD SLOW TONIGHT!” came out and basically one by one annihilated each and every lumberjack with Big Boots and Chokeslams. BIG SLOW press slammed “The Boss” Spike Dudley out of the ring onto Bubba and D-Von… Now all that was left was just Guerrero and Angle, then BIG SLOW choke slammed Eddie and then BIG SLOW and YOU SUCK have a STARE down… then BIG SLOW choke slams Angle then the BIG SLOW goes in the middle of the ring for his primal roar with the slow moving of the hand upwards to the sky. Then he goes to the ropes and gives the evil look of doom. The winner of the match… No One!!!

Post match the trainer give the “X” sign and the paramedics come out to check on Eddie. Fit Finlay came out with trainers and RVD and Rey Rey stayed with him til he got up on his own after about 4 or 5 minutes… I don’t know if he was legitimately hurt or not but it looked like it.

Any of these London/Kidman situations could be used after they feud with (and drop the belts to) Knoble/Chavo. Knoble stays busy with London & Kidman (i.e. faces each, interferes in their matches, appears & distracts Kidman [makes him hesitant in the match] a couple times) until Chavo comes back, the teams feud, Knoble/Chavo win the belts, London/Kidman do their feud, and Knoble/Chavo go on to feud w/ FBI (who hold a non-title win against the previous tag champs). Hell, get the FBI involved right away to get them built up. That's enough material to keep these 6 guys busy through the end of the year at least, plus we get good matches out of it, too.

Dammit, I wanted Knoble/London Part 3...

John Cena came out and cut his promo on Booker T about how Cena was down and out and how was gonna make a come back cause he’s the champ. And then cut a rap about how Booker misses Harlem Heat and Stevie Ray because he was gay…

Cena is not even trying to come out with something new that he deserves to be a midcarder for life and Big Slow is back...................who gives a shit??!!

Some news from PWtorch.com:

Vince McMahon remains happy with John Bradshaw Layfield's work, but also fully believes that Smackdown's top stars are Kurt Angle, The Undertaker, and John Cena. It is expected that the WWE Title will be taken off JBL soon and put on one of the three names mentioned, likely Angle or Undertaker.

Credit: PWTorch.com

No mention of Eddie, Rey and RVD, in other words non-WWE homegrown guys.

“IT’S THE BIG SLOW! IT’S A BIG BAD SLOW TONIGHT!” came out and basically one by one annihilated each and every lumberjack with Big Boots and Chokeslams. BIG SLOW press slammed “The Boss” Spike Dudley out of the ring onto Bubba and D-Von… Now all that was left was just Guerrero and Angle, then BIG SLOW choke slammed Eddie and then BIG SLOW and YOU SUCK have a STARE down… then BIG SLOW choke slams Angle then the BIG SLOW goes in the middle of the ring for his primal roar with the slow moving of the hand upwards to the sky. Then he goes to the ropes and gives the evil look of doom. The winner of the match… No One!!!

Originality at it's finest.

Nice logic in making an Eddie/Angle rematch due to interference in their last match and then giving it the stip of a Lumberjack match, a match that practically GUARENTEES even more interference.

Guest Dynamite Kido
At least Big Show's return was fine. After hearing Teddy Long say Big Show went to anger management classes last week I thought we were going to see a whole bunch of lame comedy skits about Big Show being too nice when he got back.

Joe you mean you didn't know? Anger management doesn't cure anger, it just makes you republican.

My guess what their doing with Angle/Guerrero is going to be having Big Show be a face, that still destroys shit good, or something similar.

And have a tag match on the next SDown with Angle/Luther vs. Guerrero/Show. And then start a Show/Angle feud, and a Luther/Eddy feud.

Damn, I hope Stevie Ray makes a shock appearance to teach this "fruit booty" what pain REALLY is...

This show is going to take a hit anyway with the Colts/Patriots game tomorrow night.

...not to mention the launchings of "Joey" (i.e. the "Friends" spinoff) and the new season of "The Apprentice". Smackdown will almost certainly do worse in ratings than two weeks ago.

Guest Evolution

This Cole/Heyman yelling thing doesn't sound like Cole and Heyman yelling at each other. I bet it's more like Heyman yelling at Cole while Cole goes into "Come on, this is ridiculous" pussy mode.

Because I can't picture Cole actually getting angry.

Guest Dids

I'm kinda interested in a face Big Show. Although I think it woudl work better if he was on RAW, and basically taking on Evolution 1 on 3 or something.

Eddie Guerrero Causes Scare At SD! Taping

Looks like another health issue for Eddie....

Eddie Guerrero "went blank" during his match at the Smackdown taping last night and appeared to be injured. He seemed to have his mind somewhere else. This all seems to be stress related, possibly heightened due to his home being effected by Hurricane Frances. Guerrero has had episodes like this in the past.

Credit: PWInsider.com/411mania

I'm hoping Big Show will make it to No Mercy, maybe him and Taker can feud for the title afterwards.

This show is going to take a hit anyway with the Colts/Patriots game tomorrow night.

...not to mention the launchings of "Joey" (i.e. the "Friends" spinoff) and the new season of "The Apprentice". Smackdown will almost certainly do worse in ratings than two weeks ago.

And the week after that, Survivor starts.

Now if they were REALLY thinking they'd have Torrie flip out that Long hired Big Show back (which would make sense if you're her) and bring in some people to take the Big Show out, turning her into a heel bitchy manager. Another angle that just writes itself!

What they should do is have Big Show feud with Angle when he gets back. It would make sense with Angle wanting to get back at Big Show for fucking up his leg.

I'm hoping Big Show will make it to No Mercy, maybe him and Taker can feud for the title afterwards.

:throwup: Are the wrestling fans so desperate nowadays that they are wishing for this to happen?

Guest MikeSC

"Joey" will bomb.

-=Mike

Guest Anglesault

"Joey" will bomb.

-=Mike

Which is a shame. Drea rules. The thing is, Joey was never even close to interesting enough to warrant a spinoff. With the exception of Ross, everyone else would have been a better choice.

"Joey" will bomb.

-=Mike

Which is a shame. Drea rules. The thing is, Joey was never even close to interesting enough to warrant a spinoff. With the exception of Ross, everyone else would have been a better choice.

Eh, I dunno. Depends if you count Monica as a single spin-off, or if she'd naturally be with Chandler. If not, I'd say watching a spin-off solely about her would probably prompt me to tear my eyes from their sockets and plug them in my ears.

Guest Anglesault

"Joey" will bomb.

-=Mike

Eh, I dunno. Depends if you count Monica as a single spin-off, or if she'd naturally be with Chandler. If not, I'd say watching a spin-off solely about her would probably prompt me to tear my eyes from their sockets and plug them in my ears.

Still, Monica would be better than "ladies man idiot" ie. The extent of Joey's character development.

Chandler (with Monica) would have been the best spinoff.

Well, yeah. Chandler and Monica actually had a story ready to be continued, what with having the kids and everything. Plus, that way they could have brought Joey back as a guest star sometimes. Of course, they couldn't really do it because Courtney was leaving to be with David more (IIRC).

But still, there's only so many times I can hear Monica's "I KNOW" or have her freaking out about being 'oragnised'.