TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest wildpegasus

Matt Hardy/Taboo Tuesday/HHH quotes

Guest wildpegasus

http://www.lordsofpain.net/news/2004_/arti.../1095330315.php

Apparently from the Torch so who knows how true it is or not

MoedaMade.com has added an article in which Matt Hardy speaks out about his knee injury/surgery, his return to WWE, his current status and more. Photos of Matt Hardy's knee post-surgery are also included.

WWE fans will not only be able to pick who faces HHH at Taboo Tuesday, but the Torch reports they will be able to select the type of match and possible even other matches on the card.

Below is what Triple H had to say about being behind only Hulk Hogan and Ric Flair in the most World Title reigns when he was interviewed by WWE.com:

"I did not realize it until now. For me to be in a class, with the Nature Boy - who I've gone on record, time and time again, saying that I consider him to be the greatest professional wrestler of all-time - is a big honor. As far as Hogan goes … well, I could [not] care less about Hulk Hogan

"I did not realize it until now. For me to be in a class, with the Nature Boy - who I've gone on record, time and time again, saying that I consider him to be the greatest professional wrestler of all-time - is a big honor. As far as Hogan goes … well, I could [not] care less about Hulk Hogan

Haha, yeah right bitch. I bet you have each title reign engraved on a plaque.

Guest wildpegasus

Seriously, how could ANYONE who's a professional wreslter not know how many world title reigns you have as a wrestler?

It's funny because after HHH jobbed the belt to Hogan at Backlash 2002, he said something along the lines of "It doesn't matter that I lost the belt, I was in there with one of the biggest legends in this business" "It was an honor to be in the same ring as Hulk Hogan" And now he hates him.

I like the way they're no-selling the Rock's 9 reigns (7 WWF/E, 2 WCW).

Of course, they never kept the belt on him for very long after he'd win it...

I thought you were a big fan of HHH.

Courtesy of The Wrestling Blog:

Triple H, after dropping the title to Hulk Hogan:

“I went out there with one of the greatest f**king icons in our business and blew the roof off Kansas City… Tonight, I went out there with a guy that is one of the best in the business, of all time, and we did what we do. There’s nothing better than that… I think that when my career winds down, one of the matches I’ll always remember will be… the time I wrestled Hulk Hogan in Kansas City at the peak of his comeback. It’s like pitching against Babe Ruth. What more can you ask for?“

So yeah I think it's more to do with the current company climate than anything, if HHH had said after his match then that he didn't give a shit about Hogan then it wouldn't really do much for company togetherness.

Guest Salacious Crumb

That's utter bullshit. It's been said over and over that he only loses the title so he can win it back and beat Flair's record. If he didn't care about that he wouldn't have lost the title since he was awarded it in 2002.

Guest Loss
It's funny because after HHH jobbed the belt to Hogan at Backlash 2002, he said something along the lines of "It doesn't matter that I lost the belt, I was in there with one of the biggest legends in this business" "It was an honor to be in the same ring as Hulk Hogan" And now he hates him.

HHH said that because he had to work with Hogan. Now he doesn't, so he doesn't give a shit about him. That's how WWE operates.

Guest Loss
That's why HHH is the biggest scumbag on the face of this earth.

No, he's not. A selfish and insecure wrestler who has a laughable amount of self-doubt doesn't equate with a scumbag.

Guest Loss

Just so it's known, all the WWE.com interviews now are totally worked (they were always worked, but they at least exposed the business before), so we really shouldn't criticize the wrestlers for what they say there. It would be like criticizing HHH for calling himself the best in the world in PWI.

Guest Loss

The one thing I loved about that time period was that HHH was falling down the card and slowly losing influence as Hogan garnered more support. HHH was a transitional champion from Chris Jericho to Hulk Hogan. I think that says everything about 2002 in just one sentence.

A little more news on Triple H...

HHH is apparently angry at the recent diva segment in which the four finalists cursed each other out, as it's still a topic backstage weeks later. Never a huge fan of the search, Hunter was one of the few backstage not laughing at the segment, and depending on if you are a fan of HHH or not, he either felt that raunchy segments don't keep the serious nature of wrestling, or the edgy made most heels on RAW look "lame" in comparison. PWTorch claims that a source quotes HHH as saying, "So now it's okay to curse? In that case, I'm going to call Randy Orton a c---sucker on next week's show."

[Credit: PWTorch.com/insidepulse

That he could care less about Hogan.

Guest Loss

He's right that the heels don't really seem all that ballsy when contrasted with a bunch of cheap whores who have no problems saying "cock in your mouth" on live TV. If they're going to be allowed to use that language, so should the WWE wrestlers, even if they have to bleep it constantly. Shawn Michaels did this a lot in early 1998.

I thought you were a big fan of HHH.

I'm not a big HHH fan, although I think he gets a lot of undeserved bashing and do enjoy his wrestling most of the time, but he's definitely lying out of his ass in this situation.

Guest TheLastBoyscout

Because HHH doesn't always say what he thinks.

The entire interview was done in kayfabe. I'm sure Triple H knows how many times he's won the title.

But, in kayfabe, in makes less sense that he'd be all like "Oh, I have THAT many world titles?"

His character is obsessed with that title. You'd think that, in kayfabe terms, he WOULD have the dates of his title reigns framed on his walls or whatever.

Maybe, he really doesn't know how many title reigns, because the WWE doesn't even know what their own fucking title history is.

In 2002, did it count as:

(a.) Two title reigns, both starting at Wrestlemania when he won the two belts from Jericho, with one reign ending at Backlash and one ending at Survivor Series?

(b.) One title reign, with half of the title lost at Backlash and the other half held onto until Survivor Series?

or

(c.) One title reign, starting at WM and ending at Backlash, and then a new title reign started shortly after Summerslam, when he was handed the belt and then beat Ric Flair.

I think (c.) is the official company line right now, but it really just changes from day to day.

Maybe, he really doesn't know how many title reigns, because the WWE doesn't even know what their own fucking title history is.

In 2002, did it count as:

(a.) Two title reigns, both starting at Wrestlemania when he won the two belts from Jericho, with one reign ending at Backlash and one ending at Survivor Series?

(b.) One title reign, with half of the title lost at Backlash and the other half held onto until Survivor Series?

or

(c.) One title reign, starting at WM and ending at Backlash, and then a new title reign started shortly after Summerslam, when he was handed the belt and then beat Ric Flair.

I think (c.) is the official company line right now, but it really just changes from day to day.

It has to be (c.), doesn't it?

I mean, Jericho has never been hailed as a three time world champion has he?