TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Vampiro69

Who is the killer or killers in Identity Crisis?

Guest SP-1
That cover is interesting.  At first: you would assume it's Tim because of the hair.  But look at that cape.  It's pointed, like Batman's.  Maybe the cowl is off and Bruce's hair is messed up?  If so, who is he cradling?  The hand draped down is gloved.  Tim?

Maybe Alferd will get it? Batman doesn't have any loveones, per se. They've already killed a Robin. Why not his father figure?

If they did that, he might really flip out. I'd almost feel sorry for the killer when he gets to them.

The current theory is that it's Robin craddling his dead father

I would normally agree but the cape looks scalloped and there's only one DCU hero with a cape like that.

That cover is interesting.  At first: you would assume it's Tim because of the hair.  But look at that cape.  It's pointed, like Batman's.  Maybe the cowl is off and Bruce's hair is messed up?  If so, who is he cradling?  The hand draped down is gloved.  Tim?

Maybe Alferd will get it? Batman doesn't have any loveones, per se. They've already killed a Robin. Why not his father figure?

If they did that, he might really flip out. I'd almost feel sorry for the killer when he gets to them.

The current theory is that it's Robin craddling his dead father

Is there a link of this cover?

Guest PlatinumBoy
That picture would lend me to agree with you guys about a certain parental figure.

I know it's a crackpot theory, but if Robin's dad bites it--it makes me think even more the villain is going after Batman in some shape (besides offing Tim's Dad). Bat-God ain't solving this--at least alone or without hardship first, and I honestly think the killing spouses and loved ones is a red herring itself--mainly to get Superman off the trail of the killers. Get Batman working on a case, everyone riled up, and you leave the heroes open because they aren't covering their own asses, their protecting their loved ones

Guest MaskedDanger

I was just reading an Amazon.com review of the new DC Comics Encyclopedia (so new that the scheduled release date isn't for another eight days, but it's already in Barnes and Nobles), and one of the reviews mentions that the book is so up to date that it contains a few spoilers for things that haven't happened yet. In particular one reviews says (NOT A SPOILER):

"The biggest example of this occurrence is that a character who hasnt been killed in the current comics is revealed to die soon. Such a spoiler is soemthing that should never have made it onto the published page."

Any thoughts? Sounds like it might relate to Identity Crisis to me, but I know there are a couple of other stories going on right now where it could apply. I haven't read the Encyclopedia, so I don't even know if it actually spoils anything or not. If the spoilage is true and it does refer to IC, that sounds like a pretty big goof.

I saw the same thing at Amazon, but really, so much is going on in the DCU (IC, War Games, Rebirth, etc) that it could be anyone from any book.

Looking at the cover, it doesn't really look like Batman's cape to me.

"The biggest example of this occurrence is that a character who hasn't been killed in the current comics is revealed to die soon. Such a spoiler is something that should never have made it onto the published page."

I bought the Encyclopedia last Monday, but I don't remember any spoilers from any series running right this moment. Maybe I'll have to read it cover to cover to find something that sounds like Identity Crisis.

Then again, the entry for the Elongated Man didn't mention Sue Dibny's rape and murder, so it's not completely up to date.

As for the killer, I really have no idea who it could be.

-Ben

Guest PlatinumBoy

Newest issue is really good....

Captain Boomerang and Jack Drake both die. Fighting each other. The odd thing is--someone tipped off Jack. They sent him a pistol and told him the attack was coming. I figure that the same person gave Boomerang the info--maybe the calculator. Also another good death scene--one of the old school JLA/DC members bites the big one. As for the culprit? I think Calculator is feeding info to various villains to do the killings. Also perhaps telling Lois and Jack Drake about their attacks (well warning Lois). Who is behind the whole thing though? No clue. Also--I think that Calculator's call to Merlyn last issue was for him to kill Jack Drake, but he turned it down. Still--where is Jonn?

I was reading DC's solicitations for January and came upon this. MAJOR SPOILERS:

Adeventures of Superman #636: This special issue examines the fallout from the earthshattering IDENTITY CRISIS! Superman, shaken by Lois’ shooting and the events in IDENTITY CRISIS, looks to consult with Batman and Wonder Woman, and neither have the time or interest in helping him. Are the pillars of the DCU starting to crack?

That doesn't necessarily mean Lois dies, but still.

I was reading DC's solicitations for January and came upon this. MAJOR SPOILERS:

Adeventures of Superman #636: This special issue examines the fallout from the earthshattering IDENTITY CRISIS! Superman, shaken by Lois’ shooting and the events in IDENTITY CRISIS, looks to consult with Batman and Wonder Woman, and neither have the time or interest in helping him. Are the pillars of the DCU starting to crack?

That's already happened in Adventures of Superman and doesn't take place in Identity Crisis.

That's already happened in Adventures of Superman and doesn't take place in Identity Crisis.

Oop! Sorry, saw that about "This special issue examines the fallout from the earthshattering IDENTITY CRISIS!" and figured it happened there.

Guest PlatinumBoy
So just read the newest IDC.

Bruce is going to F someone up soon.

I'm not saying that this is 100 percent right, but I still think the villains are going after Batman as the main prize or what not. Look at who they have attacked or threatened--two public figures, Lois, and Robin's Dad. Anyone would know Elongated Man's wife, or Atom's ex. However, a Batman foe could learn who Lois is married too due to Bats' relationship with Superman, and learn who Robin's pop is. It doesn't seem like any of the usual team villains did this. Besides Calculator of course.

Once again..... WHERE IS J'ONN?!?!?

Guest Contentious C

J'onn isn't around because having a mind reader present kills the suspense. Duh.

Guest PlatinumBoy
J'onn isn't around because having a mind reader present kills the suspense. Duh.

It's comic book land--it's easy enough to say "The villains have mind shielding." Give em' all Juggernaut/Magneto helmets or say they invented some sort of anti-telepathic device.

if they/him could be shielded from all the alarm technology im sure its a given that they are shielded from any telepathic probes as well in fact i wouldnt even be bothered if they didnt explain it cause that how much i assume its a given after making such a big deal about all the different types of DCU power in dibny's mad-crazy ADT :)

Guest SP-1

Ollie made my favorite comment about the security systems:

" . . . and all the really scary crap that Bruce invented."

That was a nice touch.

*****HUGE SPOILER********

Someone scanned the last four pages of issue six and we are lead to believe that the killer is

The Atom............

Dr Midnite and Mister Terrific found foot prints in Sue Dibny's brain, suggesting someone clogged the bloodflow to her brain. They try to contact the Atom to no avail

At the same time Batman figures it out himself and asks Martian Manhunter to find the Atom and make sure he doesn't get away

While this is going on The Atom has a very smug look on his face as he is talking about Captain Boomerang being the "killer" and how he was glad it was over, just as he is about to hit the sack with Jean

I still think its a red herring since Ray had internal dialogue in the story, thus it has to be Jean or someone with Ray's technology

Guest PlatinumBoy
*****HUGE SPOILER********

Someone scanned the last four pages of issue six and we are lead to believe that the killer is

The Atom............

Dr Midnite and Mister Terrific found foot prints in Sue Dibny's brain, suggesting someone clogged the bloodflow to her brain. They try to contact the Atom to no avail

At the same time Batman figures it out himself and asks Martian Manhunter to find the Atom and make sure he doesn't get away

While this is going on The Atom has a very smug look on his face as he is talking about Captain Boomerang being the "killer" and how he was glad it was over, just as he is about to hit the sack with Jean

I still think its a red herring since Ray had internal dialogue in the story, thus it has to be Jean or someone with Ray's technology

This is a murder mystery by a guy who writes these things for a living. The guy in your spoilers ain't the killer--they wouldn't reveal it this early. Is everyone forgetting that whoever did this had access to various villains tech? Who says they couldn't have something that would emulate a few hero's powers as well?

Guest TheLastBoyscout
He was already teased in Hush, I really doubt they would actually go ahead and do it anytime soon.

They went ahead and pretty much said he was alive in last Batman arc before War Games.