TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
LucharesuFan619

Chris Candido signs; to work for OVW

According to a couple of sites, Chris Candido is back with WWE, thanks in large part to Paul Heyman's praise of him. Heyman wants Candido to work on SmackDown!, apparently. Candido has been backstage at a number of recent WWE shows and will continue his relationship with them by working in OVW and eventually stepping up to a possible WWE comeback, if all goes well. No word about what's happening with Tammy, although I know for a fact she keeps in contact with Vince and talks to him every couple of months. Not sure if she'll be following Candido along, but she definitely does have a good relationship with the McMahons.

My thoughts - good, good, and good. Candido is very good when he's motivated. Honestly, he has made strides in the last few years to clean himself up and he deserves to be rewarded for that. He's got a lot of charisma, too - like Jerry Lynn has said SO MANY times, the only reason Candido didn't make it farther in this business is because of people's stereotype of his extracurricular life (much of which is true, but regardless he was and still is very talented). All hail Candido!

Looks like Simon Dean is getting a tag partner.

If he has been signed, then good luck to him. I don't see him being any sort of big star, but he could add something to the Cruiserweight scene if given the chance. I don't expect to see Tammy/Sunny back anytime soon though, but never say never.

Guest Big Daddy V1

Well, I for one would like to see Candido back in the WWE. I don't think he'll be a main event star at all, but I see him being a good solid midcard/crusierweight worker, and with Paul Heyman there to help him out, I don't see how he can't succeed. Let's hope for the best for Candido.

I've said it once and I'll say it again.

They should give Simon Dean a constant role on RAW, and eventually after the character has been on TV long enough for everyone to know who the guy is, he should bring in Sunny. He should keep talking about what she was at one time, talk about Skip and her, and then he starts up a program where he gets her back into pretty good shape.

Hey, that sounds like something they would do doesn't it?

I've said it once and I'll say it again.

They should give Simon Dean a constant role on RAW, and eventually after the character has been on TV long enough for everyone to know who the guy is, he should bring in Sunny. He should keep talking about what she was at one time, talk about Skip and her, and then he starts up a program where he gets her back into pretty good shape.

Hey, that sounds like something they would do doesn't it?

That could work, but at the same time it could be very humiliating to Sunny mocking her current appearance.

Candido could always feud with Simon Dean too.. if Candido is actually a guy people could like

Vintage Candido is a weasily heel. It would be interesting to see if he could get himself over as a face.

Meh. I don't see any reason why they need to bring him in.

At last check Candido was a pretty good all-around worker...and now, he cant be much worse than much of the Smackdown roster.

Candido had serious problems with the Clique in 95-96 HHH and Shawn are still there, and on top. Very few were more of a victim of the Clique than Candido, who was buried by Shawn and Scott Hall big time. His own girlfriend sold him out and partied with the Clique, because she thought it would be good for her career. Tammy admitted to this in her shoot interview. He could have been something, but was turned into a complete jobber after the Horowitz angle. Anyone who has seen Foley's DVD, Cornette loved Candido and so did Foley. He could have been a star with the right booking

From what I've heard Tammy is in good spirits about her looks, at least that's the image she gives off. If she would be up for it, I wouldn't see anything wrong at all with them putting her in that angle.

It just might be possible to be entertaining.

No no and no.

I do not want to see a Candido/Dead fued, espically Candido as a face.

Candido should be on Smackdown and a weasily heel similar to Spike Dudley's role. He would do it alot better then Spike Dudley, because he has more charisma and better mic skills.

His workrate has gone downhill in the past few years, but I won't be too surprised if they'll stick him in the lightweight division, unless Heyman will have them convinced otherwise.

Guest Evolution

If this is true, I get the feeling that a IWA-MS tag team match is going to be without a participant.

As for the idea of Candido in WWE...I don't really want to see him in the indies, and it's no different in the WWE.

Guest wrestling365

Candido hasn't signed any kind of deal but was recently offered the chance to prove himself with OVW. He has yet to accept the offer (he probably won't) but it would mean working without pay and regular travel between Florida and KY. He would also have to give up touring his regular gig in Japan.

One OVW worker I asked said that he hasn't heard anything about Candido coming in, but amazingly said that there were rumblings that Grandmaster Sexay might be up for a developmental deal, as his very last chance to make it with the WWE.

This, according to my source, is something Jerry Lawler is trying to arrange for his son, but I'm not holding my breath.

Guest The Winter Of My Discontent

Candito is only 32 years old surprisingly. He's worthy of at least another chance. As long as they don't refer to him as Hard Knox.

How exactly are Candido's mic skills? He's never really gotten much of a chance to speak in either WCW, ECW, or WWF. Usually that's a sign that he sucks at that, but maybe I'm just judging unfairly.

I don't exactly see what sort of plans WWE could possibly have for them. One would think the fans will have forgotten "Skip," but considering the age of the average fan, he'll probably get constant "Skip" chants and not have chance to develop a new character.

I'd say change the hair (color it, even), the tights, etc. and find a character he'd be comfortable with.

Of course, this is all assuming when/if he'd come up to WWE. You'd think it would be soon, but Nova was in OVW for 2 years, wasn't he?

Candido had serious problems with the Clique in 95-96 HHH and Shawn are still there, and on top. Very few were more of a victim of the Clique than Candido, who was buried by Shawn and Scott Hall big time. His own girlfriend sold him out and partied with the Clique, because she thought it would be good for her career. Tammy admitted to this in her shoot interview. He could have been something, but was turned into a complete jobber after the Horowitz angle. Anyone who has seen Foley's DVD, Cornette loved Candido and so did Foley. He could have been a star with the right booking

Why the fuck is Bret Hart wearing that in your sig pic?

Candido had serious problems with the Clique in 95-96  HHH and Shawn are still there, and on top.  Very few were more of a victim of the Clique than Candido, who was buried by Shawn and Scott Hall big time.  His own girlfriend sold him out and partied with the Clique, because she thought it would be good for her career. Tammy admitted to this in her shoot interview. He could have been something, but was turned into a complete jobber after the Horowitz angle.  Anyone who has seen Foley's DVD, Cornette loved Candido and so did Foley.  He could have been a star with the right booking

Why the fuck is Bret Hart wearing that in your sig pic?

It's because Bret Hart is to play the Genie of the Lamp in "Aladdin".

Full story here.

His workrate has gone downhill in the past few years, but I won't be too surprised if they'll stick him in the lightweight division, unless Heyman will have them convinced otherwise.

I haven't seen it, but I have read he has looked good in the indies recently, specifically USAPRO. As for his mic skills, I thought they were pretty good in ECW, especially as a member of the Triple Threat.

I'd watch Smackdown for him.

One OVW worker I asked said that he hasn't heard anything about Candido coming in, but amazingly said that there were rumblings that Grandmaster Sexay might be up for a developmental deal, as his very last chance to make it with the WWE.

This, according to my source, is something Jerry Lawler is trying to arrange for his son, but I'm not holding my breath.

(if true)

::slaps forehead::

Why, why, why?

Passing Sunny around the locker room won't be as much fun as it was in 95-96

More like "rolling" her around the locker room.

As for Simon Dean getting Tammy back in shape, it would take stapling her stomach to the size of a change purse or getting her back on the sweet slimming crack. Nothing like spending all your grocery money on drugs to chase the pounds away.