TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Gary Floyd

Favorite Obscure Cult Films

Are there any obscure cult films that anyone here likes or knows about? You know, one's that haven't been released on DVD yet, or have but still remain mostly unknown to the public eye? Tell about them here

FYI:Films like "Rocky Horror","Texas Chainsaw Massacre","Halloween", " or other well known cult flicks don't count. This thread is for lesser known flicks like "The Crazies", "Seeding of a Ghost","I Drink Your Blood", "Body Melt," and their ilk

Guest Askewniverse

Cheerleader Camp - basically just another cheesy '80s slasher flick, but it's decent enough.

I Drink Your Blood-1971-A cult of LSD taking satanists rape a boys sister and drug his father. For revenge, he injects the blood of an rabid dog into a bunch of meat pies meant for the cult. Once consumed by the cult, they become a rabid bunch of psychotic ravenous cannibalistic killers who begin to infect the entire town. A so good it's bad classic of early 70's exploitation, with a manic energy, bad acting, bad gore fx, and more. Gets a wide DVD release Nov. 9th

classic line from the movie "Brothers and sisters, Satan was an acidhead, so let's all freak out!"

Is Fear of a Black Hat on dvd yet?  Anyone see the Alvin Purple movies?

Yes, I believe it is

heres another one

Body Melt-It's on dvd. A pharmacy company tests it's latest product on a small suburban area. Unfortunately, the product has some unfortunate side affects-most notably causing things like an exploding penis, a fetus that bursts out of it's mothers gut, killer placenta, a really swollen tongue, and other gory events. It features gore FX by the effects guys from "Dead Alive", and while no where near as good as the already mentioned film, it's still must be seen to be believed.

Guest Dynamite Kido

OMG RANT YOU SAW CRIPPLED MASTERS?!?!?!?!! What a flick that is!

Here's another

Surf Nazi's must die

OMG RANT YOU SAW CRIPPLED MASTERS?!?!?!?!! What a flick that is!

Here's another

Surf Nazi's must die

Best.Movie.Title.Ever.

Here's a new one for everyone

"Night of the Comet"-Sadly not on dvd yet. Two valley girls find themselves in a world where most of humanity is gone, and most of it's remains are either dust or zombie like creatures. With Cydni Lauper music, 80's styles, comedy, and other such delights. A real gem

The Wrestler, is probably the best b movie that was a bio pic if you will about self promotion. NOBODY GETS UP FROM THE DROPKICK!

Great China Hero is a good Jet Li comedy kung fu movie..........featuring Drunken Chicken Fist!

Jesus Christ: Vampire Hunter.

Would that even count?

Yea, I'm sure it would (I'll go check with 1-800-SAVIOR if I'm wrong)

another film for me to share

Dead and Buried-On DVD (limeted 2 disc 50,000 copies edition, I own one.) Welcome to Potters Bluff, your average small community. Except for those strange murders. Or the fact that the dead don't seem to stay dead. An excellent zombie film, written by the writers of "Alien". Has a very HP Lovecraft/EC Comics atmospheric vibe to it. Just don't expect flesh eating, stupid, slow moving zombies. These zombies are just like you and me. Well, at least appear to be. Probably the best zombie film you've never seen. Co-Writer Dan O'Bannon would go on to write and direct "Return of the Living Dead".

The Mountain Of The Cannibal God

Slumber Party Massacre (bet you can't guess what happens in this one)

The Exterminator