TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Vitamin X

Modern day slang

Guest Vitamin X

I know we can find a few here. I'll begin with one that I see all too often inexplicably, and that's "preggers"..

Guest Vitamin X

Actually, when used in a mocking sense "suX0r" and "fuX0r" are relatively funny. See-> The l33t version of Romeo and Juliet.

There is this girl on my friends list in LiveJournal who writes the most obnoxious entries imaginable. I used to think she was a smart girl until I started seeing the crap in her LJ.

"wat"

"hott"

"thugz"

Among other things, every entry from her makes my head want to explode.

Guest Nanks

Bling.

My christ I hate that word. For some reason I was watching the MTV VMAs and when that little JoJo bitch introduced the athletes "complete with Olympic bling" I nearly threw the TV out the window.

I've never liked the word "boo" becoming slang for someone's significant other. It just makes no sense at all.

-Ben

Whoops! Triple post.

I also have to concur that white suburban teens trying to sound badass by incorporating urban slang is just hilarious. Why bother?

-Ben

Overuse of "definitely." I blame Office Space. Or Rain Man.

This is one that may be widespread, or may be confined to only a small corner of southeastern Wisconsin: trailing off EVERY sentence with "or..."

Examples:

"Sooooo, are we gonna go to the MOVIES, or are we gonna eat DINNER, or...." (random gesticulating)

"Now, are we supposed to get STARTED, or do we WAIT here, or...." (random gesticulating)

Yeah I don't like either