TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Zetterberg is God

Raw rating

Partially due to the Yankees-Red Sox game, Raw was drubbed last night, a night it needed to have a strong audience to build tonight's PPV. The show finished with a 3.0 rating, the lowest in years for a non-holiday show.

-Meltzer

OUCH!

Now look at them blaming the Sox/Yankees game on this. Hey Vince, if you want some competition, don't look toward other wrestling promotions, look to other shows in GENERAL!

Guest bigm350
Hey Vince, remember this when you say your goodbyes to Pat Patterson tonight while you let Stephanie and HHH control your company.

Vince, start saying hello to the high 2.0's soon. ;)

Guest Super Pissed Smark

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

:throwup:

:bonk:

:spank:

"What we've got here is failure to communicate, some men you just can't reach."

Guest JericholicEdgeHead

I was watching both games last night and I did not once turn over to RAW.

That to me shows how much interest I have in WWE's current product.

To me this rating is not that big of a worry, as that game was incredible. I simply could not turn it off, this is a bad sign for the buyrate of Taboo, since game 6 is tonight. Basically, this is much like a holiday rating.

It wasn't "they" blaming Yanks/Sox, it was Meltzer.

Boston and New York are two of WWE's biggest markets, so that makes sense. Add on the fact that people in other areas probably watched it as well, since it IS a baseball playoff game with a great story and you'll get low Raw figures.

Dames

What was the rating of that game? I heard on PTI that it beat out MNF pretty handily.

An epic, 14-inning game between the Boston Red Sox and New York Yankees Monday proved to be a ratings boon for FOX, which steamrollered the competition.

FOX averaged a 14.2 rating/21 share in primetime, easily beating the 9.8/15 for second-place CBS. ABC, 6.3/9, and NBC, 6.2/9, were in a virtual tie for third. The WB was fifth at 3.2/5, while UPN managed a 2.4/4. (The live sports telecasts on FOX and ABC mean their numbers reflect time period only.)

zap2it.com

Guest wrestling365
Partially due to the Yankees-Red Sox game, Raw was drubbed last night, a night it needed to have a strong audience to build tonight's PPV. The show finished with a 3.0 rating, the lowest in years for a non-holiday show.

-Meltzer

Did some quick research...

Its lowest rating for RAW ever on Spike TV and the lowest in company history since December 31, 2001.

For a non-holiday show you have to go all the way back to December 22, 1997.

It wasn't "they" blaming Yanks/Sox, it was Meltzer.

Boston and New York are two of WWE's biggest markets, so that makes sense. Add on the fact that people in other areas probably watched it as well, since it IS a baseball playoff game with a great story and you'll get low Raw figures.

Dames

yeah no shit

i watched the game last night and i don't even like baseball, and im canadian

i'm watching game 6 too between postings

This doesn't look good especially when you are trying to renew a television contract...and looking for other T.V. executives to take a look at the product...

If WWE hits below 2.5 at the end of this year...you can say goodbye to WWE on Spike TV

Rumors are already spreading that there is potential that some NFL games will end up on Spike TV...when negotiatons between Viacom and the NFL begin next year....in fact all the stations that carry the NFL expire in 2005...

Guest LooneyTune
"What we've got here is failure to communicate, some men you just can't reach."

I love Guns n' Roses song lyrics...unless it's also from someone else.

Everyone knew the NYY/Boston game was going to beat the pants out of everything on Monday night...it was a given. They better thank God RAW wasn't on the night of Game 7, or it would've been worse I bet.

This doesn't look good especially when you are trying to renew a television contract...and looking for other T.V. executives to take a look at the product...

If WWE hits below 2.5 at the end of this year...you can say goodbye to WWE on Spike TV

Rumors are already spreading that there is potential that some NFL games will end up on Spike TV...when negotiatons between Viacom and the NFL begin next year....in fact all the stations that carry the NFL expire in 2005...

They're probably going to get more money than they did last time from USA or Spike.

And I highly doubt ratings will drop to under 3.0. It was low yesterday because of a highly rated baseball game and MNF. It will stay in the low-mid three's for awhile.

Excuses! I remember this type of thing when Nitro killed them in ratings too. If the Boston and New York sports market have such a stranglehold on the fanbase of the company I think Vince is out to lunch in the way he is presenting his "sports entertainment". He keeps on chiming that it's entertainment. It seems from this perspective a lot of sports fans watch the wwe. Anyways, competition is good and maybe they can get into kick ass 1998 mode.

Guest Sylvan Grenier

WHOA that's bad. It'll be interesting to see the buyrate for Taboo Tuesday.

Just because a huge event is on doesn't mean it is OK to put on a crap show and blame it on the other event airing. If all these people are so enthralled by Yankees/Sox, then it is up to the WWE to put on a better show and get those people enthralled in them and not baseball. A low rating is a low rating - "something better is on" is not a good excuse.

Guest Duncan Eternia
Damn, even my high school GPA was higher than RAW's ratings!

LOL!!!

Good point!

WWE has some potential with a few fresh fueds. Edge/Benoit, Benjamin vs. Anyone really, and maybe they will put Jericho back in the main event. OK, that last one pushing it. But one can always hope!