TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
JoeDirt

Favorite submission finisher/hold

Cattle mutilation. It just looks so damn cool, for some reason, and it seems legit in that it'd be damn near impossible to escape without rubbering both arms simultaneously and getting a favorable wriggle.

Guest BrokenWings

Cattle Mutilation, or Haas Of Pain, simply because they both look devastating and it isn't hard to imagine the actual pain which would force one to tap out while locked in it.

Guest NoMercy

The Sharpshooter is legendary. But only Bret and Owen really slapped it on right.

I wouldn't even call the Rock's version a sharpshooter, it makes me cringe looking at it, he just puts both legs under one arm.

But Bret and Owen's version was devistating, guarenteed Tap Out Material.

Guest bort

The Haas of Pain is a wicked looking move

Brets Sharpshooter

Edge used a kind of sideways type sharpshooter during the smackdown glory days that was cool

Cattle Mutilation looks like it could easily cause a serious injury

WCW version of the Walls of Jericho

As simple and old as the move was, I really enjoyed the Brock's Bearhug. Just seeing someone as big as Brock doing a bearhug, but holding it from the side made it look really brutal.

I also liked Brock's over the head, single leg crab.

Edge used a kind of sideways type sharpshooter during the smackdown glory days that was cool

I believe this was called the Edgucator. Very cool submission. I think he used it during a tag match on RAW a couple months ago.

The walls of Jericho.

Just because I was/am a big Jericho fan, and I'd always mark out when he was going to put in the walls. Now days, he barely ever gets them locked, even less seldem makes someone tap to them, but hey, they may become a powerful move once again!

Cattle mutilation without a doubt. So damn cool.

Also the stretch plum. When Kawada wrenches back and starts shaking and pulling their neck... damn.

Torture Rack! (joke)

EDIT: Oh! Oh! Also Nagata Lock I (Sorta Sideways Figure 4)

Guest sarafromsweden

The Sharpshooter and the crossface.

And the walls of jericho, wich surely has another name that I should know.... :huh:

Cross Armbreaker-Especially when it's treated right. All the different ways it can be applied and escaped has led to some great moments in wrestling history.

And I'm sick of the only Bret and Owen could apply the Scropion Deathlock"Sharpshooter" bullshit. Ricky Choysu was doing the move just good all the way back in the early 80s. And for the record, Hase's version owns both Bret and Owen's.

Kawada, Akiyama, Sasaki, and even Sting all did the move very well. Benoit's is good too as long as he has someone who is willing to be stretched.

Yeah, the Rock's version was weak but that doesn't mean there were other people who could do the move.

The Liontamer.

It always looked so damn painfull. Quite unlike the pussified version of the Wall of Jericho that Chris uses today.

Mentions go to the Sharpshooter (I'm a Bret Hart/Owen Hart/Chris Benoit mark) and the Texas Cloverleaf. Somebody should use that as a finished today.

Guest GoinHomeSmDay2006

1.Sharpshooter

2.Crossface

3.Low Ki's Dragon Sleeper

4.ECW/WCW Liontamer

5.Haas of Pain

6.Tazzmission

Guest NoMercy

Does anybody have a pic or a video of the Haas of Pain? I've only seen it once, so its not fresh in my mind. Something in my mind is leading me to believe its similar to Knoble's Trailer Hitch, am I right?

And to Coffin Surfer, I'm not entirely familiar with the many Japanese workers who use the Scorpion Deathlock, I know Hase and Onita are known for using it in the past. But looking at North American workers, I haven't seen Sting use it well in many many years. Benoit's is not too bad but not great either, the only other North American wrestler that I've seen do it justice in the last little while is Petey Williams.

Backlund's Crossface Chickenwing used to look devastating back in 1994. It wasn't a move from which the opponent could easily escape from either.

I also like the move Noble was using prior to his firing.