TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
JoeDirt

Most boring matches ever?

Any match involving Disqo.

Steve Austin bores me to tears. He has such a limited arsenal and he likes to go out and brawl on the outside so it gets even more punch-kick. Urgh.

Steve Austin bores me to tears. He has such a limited arsenal and he likes to go out and brawl on the outside so it gets even more punch-kick. Urgh.

Ever see any of Austin's 2001 work or his 1991-SummerSlam 97 work. A lot of those aren't brawls.

All of Wrestlemania XIII aside from the Austin/Bret & LOD/NOD matches. It is unbelievably boring. The worst is probably HHH/Goldust. I literally fell asleep watching that one and had to be woken up.

Even older, Roberts/Rude from WM IV is basically a 15 minute chinlock by Rude.

Undertaker/Shamrock from Backlash '99.  I liked both guys at the time, and was pumped because I was there in person...but good God did that match suck the meat missle.

I actually really like this match...though the crowd was COMPLETELY dead for it, there's some cool stuff there if you go back and watch.

I was there for it too. The crowd was dead dead dead. Til Rock and Austin came out and tore shit up.

Ever see any of Austin's 2001 work or his 1991-SummerSlam 97 work. A lot of those aren't brawls.

i gotta say tha Austin from 1998-1999 really bored me match was, he just punched and kicked and stunned of course.

thank god that in 2001 he brought back teeh moveseeet :headbang:

Guest M. Harry Smilac
DDP vs. Curt Hennig - Starrcade 97

I just watched that show for the first time the other day and while that's not a good match, the Buff Bagwell vs. Lex Luger match is a MILLION times more boring. Just a HORRIBLE match that goes almost 17 minutes!

When I need to go to sleep I put that tape on.

You could also throw in Golberg/Mondo match but that's at least amusing for the train wreck factor.

The only match that isn't a complete waste of time is Eddy/Malenko and even that

is just 10-15 minutes of Dean stiffing the shit out of Eddy trying to get a decent response out of the stupid crowd who seemed to be in a coma for their match.

The most depressing part of the show is seeing all the wrestlers watching in the crowd like Mysterio and asking yourself why their not on the card but complete shit like Zbysko Vs. Bischoff,Luger Vs. Bagwell and Steiners/Bossman Vs. Thrown together NWO team are.

i gotta say tha Austin from 1998-1999 really bored me match was, he just punched and kicked and stunned of course.

I'll give you that. He produced many dull matches during that time period like

Stone Cold vs Undertaker at Rock Bottom 98

Stone Cold vs Triple H vs Undertaker at UK No Mercy 99

Stone Cold vs Undertaker at Judgment Day 99 (That one probably shouldn't count though)

Stone Cold vs Big Bossman at Survivor Series 98

Stone Cold vs Triple H at No Mercy 99 bored me for some reason too

Guest LooneyTune
I passed out during the HBK/HHH HIAC match.

I can beat that. I fell asleep, woke up during the replay of the match 3 hours later, and fell asleep again.

I found Austin/Hall from WMX8 to be pretty boring. Come to think of it, to this day, I haven't actually seen the whole match because I've fallen asleep whenever I've tried to watch it.

Pretty much anyone of the Evolution vs 3 random faces Main Events on RAW around six months ago. I proabilly fell asleep thru half of them, just to wake up to the finish of the match.

Booker/Cena I got into just because they actually had some pretty good counters late in the series.

Guest Shutterspeed
I passed out during the HBK/HHH HIAC match.

I stayed with that one to see if they'd do anything to turn it around. But no, and it stands as one of the company's biggest fuck-ups of the year.

Guest Icanshave

Most WWE televised matches are boring but I'll add Edge vs Kane from Backlash

this year.

Guest Lawlerm

The Goldust/Triple H match from the '97 Rumble. Who the hell decided to give two lower midcarders nearly 20 minutes in the opener of one of the biggest shows of the year?!

Im surprised no one has mentioneed either Austin v Flair/Big Show from Judgement Day 2002 and Hall/Bradshaw from Backlash 2002 for real snoozers

I've got another one:

Warlord vs. British Bulldog (Tuesday in Texas)

12 minutes of two roid freaks trading rest holds.

The words "incredibly boring" come to mind.

Undertaker/Shamrock from Backlash '99.  I liked both guys at the time, and was pumped because I was there in person...but good God did that match suck the meat missle.

I actually really like this match...though the crowd was COMPLETELY dead for it, there's some cool stuff there if you go back and watch.

I also remember really enjoying this match. I was a huge mark at the time,a nd thought Shamrock was going to steal the victory using Undertaker's own move on him, but Taker reversed it into his own Tombstone and got the win.

Most WWE televised matches are boring but I'll add Edge vs Kane from Backlash

this year.

that only lasted about 4 minutes though, not nearly as boring as something like HIAC between HHH and HBK which dragged on and on for about 50.

havin watched WrestleMania IV today, i'm going to add;

every match on that show apart from Steamboat/Valentine, Savage/Valentine, Strike Force/Demolition, and Savage/Dibiase.

what a crappy PPV, and it went on forever, too.