TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ragingfear79

Star Wars Teaser Trailer Thoughts

Anybody seen it yet, thoughts?

I just got done watching it for like the tenth time and every single time i have to admit, makes my skin crawl. I wont go into details, dont wanna spoil anything but wow just wow....

FUCK! when is this coming out again? no matter what you say it's too long...Anakin trying to cut Obi-Wan with his own saber, awesome! Sidious fighting, awesome! Lava battle, awesome!

Guest Askewniverse

Damn...that teaser was awesome. If the teaser is any indication, ROTS will easily be the best of the prequel trilogy.

The footage of Ep3 was fantastic. I just wish half the trailer wasn't wasted on previous footage. Although the setup is understandable......

Let me sleep until May 19th.

TheForce.net message boards has someone claiming that he's seen a rough cut of the movie, and that it's "on par with Empire Strikes Back". That sounds doubtful to me, but hey - he posted a description of the trailer two weeks ago, and it's 99.9 percent accurate. Apparently Anakin figured out how to act in this one. There's also a couple pics of the Anakin/Obiwan duel, and seriously...I'm fucking amped for this movie.

They should have done like they did with IV-VI and get a big bodybuilder guy to do Vader instead of making a Hayden Suit. Now not only will Vader suddently tower over subordinates in later movies that he didn't in III (unless we're using lifts, midget subordinates, or tricky CGI) but the suit looks wrong. Look at the tiny fists.

Anyway, this commentary comes from simply pausing on the last shot of the "rising on a table" scene and I'm sure in motion I'll have a great time.

I need to go back and watch Episode 2 to verify, but isn't Hayden Christiansen actually a pretty tall kid? I'm almost certain that was one of the reasons Lucas casted him...

Guest SP-1

Yeah, Christensen is pretty tall. It'll work fine.

And it isn't anyone's acting ability. It's Lucas's directing style.

I watched Acces Hollywood yesterday just for the teaser. They've been pimping it for about two weeks now saying it was exclusive to them, unless of course you dowloaded it from somewhere or waited today to see it in theaters.

Like someone else here said, it just gave me goosebumps watching it. It looked like Sidious using a lightsaber for a second, didn't it? Also, I kinda noticed somebody looking like a Sith character that was actually considered for Episode I, sorta like a female Sith with a pale face and rotten teeth. Anybody who's read the Art of Episode I book or booklet (which came with the Episode I VHS release) will know what I'm talking about here.

Just awesome, really.

Just checked on IMDB to see what they had for the heights of the two Vader body actors.

According to them...and I am aware that they have made mistakes at times:

Prowse: 6'7" tall

Hayden: 6'1" tall

...even with lifts in the boots, it's going to take some creativity to make Hayden look as tall as Prowse did in those movies.

I actually sat through half of TRL yesterday to see it. That is dedication...

And, although I thought it would be significantly longer, I was very impressed. As I told my wife, it is probably a good thing they weren't selling tickets last night to a charity screening or something for $100.00, because I would have been in line to buy them.

Of course, I am apparently in the vast minority of fans who actually liked the first two prequels.