TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
JoeDirt

Biggest announcer overreaction ever

Mike Tenay after Goldylocks turned on Erik Watts: "Goldylocks, you WHORE!"

I must have a soundbyte of this, if there is one.

Guest DVD Spree

"... Mick Foley, who wrestled here as Cactus Jack... is gonna when their world title. Yeah, that'll put some butts in sits, huh."

Well, I guess it's litotes, but it was OVEREXAGGERATED litotes, so what the hell.

From JR himself

"BRITISH BULLDOG JUST GOT KNOCKED INTO THE DOG CRAP! THE DOG CRAP! THE DOG CRAP"

Also, while not overacting, JR saying "That's just how Stone Cold is" after he Stunned Stacy was the definative low point of his career to far. I don't think anyone would forgive him after that one.

Guest MikeSC
From JR himself

"BRITISH BULLDOG JUST GOT KNOCKED INTO THE DOG CRAP! THE DOG CRAP! THE DOG CRAP"

Also, while not overacting, JR saying "That's just how Stone Cold is" after he Stunned Stacy was the definative low point of his career to far. I don't think anyone would forgive him after that one.

Isn't that the truth, though?

-=Mike

Gabe the RoH announcer's "DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNGERRRRRRRRRRROOUUUUUUUUUUS!" scream after every Samoa Joe move or after someone lands on their head is fucking hilarious

From JR himself

Actually it was Michael Cole:

http://mysite.freeserve.com/wwfmi/dogpoop.mp3

Ok, I stand corrected. Still, it was pretty bad

How about every time Lawler says "Snitsky" in a tone of voice that for some reason reminds me of Jerry Seinfeld saying "Hello Newman"

Don West reacting to Jeff Hardy pulling out a taller ladder at Victory Road:

"This isn't just any ladder, this is a SUPER LADDER! Look at this thing!!"

Guest The Last Free Voice

Swiggy, you ORDERED VR? I'm so disapointed in you. Even I didn't order it.

And I'll second DANGEROUSSSSSSSSSS! even though it's awesome.

None of these has topped Chris Lovey or Jimmy Bower or whatever the fuck at ROH's Generation Next. Homicide just lossed to Joe and Cide started tearing up the arena. Lovey was just freaking out and his high pitched Jerry Seinfeld like voice just made it hilarious. He was yelling:

HE'S GOING AFTER THE PILLARS!

THE DEMON HAS RISEN!

LET'S GET THE HELL OUTTA HERE!

EVACUATE! EVACUATE!

And some people say these announcers have improved in ROH.

Swiggy, you ORDERED VR? I'm so disapointed in you. Even I didn't order it.

I downloaded it, dumbass. I don't have a spare $30 for TNA right now. I'm saving up for ROH.

Isn't there one, when the WWE/F are in Madison Square Garden, and Shawn Michaels comes out to a lukewarm reaction. But JR sells it like the crowd has just seen Hulk Hogan and Lex Luger give stereo Bodyslams to Andre and Yokozuna?

I thought JR's reaction to HBK's entrance was odd. It almost sounded forced. Any reason as to why he did this?

As for overreactions:

Tony Schiavone (on the NWO): They're not gonna stop until they kill someone!

Guest Mike Haseloff
Pretty much anything Michael Cole has tried to hype I've found he's overreacting to. It's not that he's necessarily overhyping something, as much as his reaction is so forced, and terribly so, that he comes across as badly overhyping, even when what he's pushing actually is big news.

Wrestlemania XV, Hell in a Cell, Undertaker versus Bossman

"... Into that mesh. This isn't your traditional steel cage. You can get a finger caught in there!"

Guest JMA
I thought JR's reaction to HBK's entrance was odd. It almost sounded forced. Any reason as to why he did this?

Michaels isn't really that popular at MSG. I'm guessing that's why they had Christian insult the crowd before the match and had JR oversell the reaction Shawn got.

:headbang:

I'll have you know that I always start my posts with a headbang and end them with a cheers. EVERY post. This time, it's for spite. Dickhole.

:cheers:

The CZW announcers, especially the Cage of Death events.

"SOMEBODY CALL NIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINE ONE ONNNNNNNNNNNNE!!!"

It's actually kind of funny listening to John House on the Possession videotape (August 2004 show), as his voice starts going out about halfway through the show...but he still tries to find a way to be loud and shrill. By the end of the tape, he does a "SOMEONE CALL 911!" that's basically a loud whisper.

I don't know if this can classify as an announcer reaction, but I recall a PPV ad in 1998/1999 where the WWF referred to their wrestlers as gods among men.

That would be the KOTR '99 ad.

From JR himself

Isn't that the truth, though?

-=Mike

actually he said DOG POOP so......