TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Longdogger_Pete

BREAKING NEWS

PRO WRESTLERS ANNOUNCE ENGAGEMENT

'LONGDOGGER' IN FOR LONG HAUL

MIAMI - Two former professional wrestlers announced Friday their engagement to be married, causing ripples of interest throughout the entire sports entertainment industry.

The two wrestlers are Miami, Florida's Peter MacDougal (aka 'Longdogger' Pete), and Sydney Elizabeth Sky of Los Angeles, California. Both wrestlers were former competitors in the Smarks Wrestling Federation (SWF) organization.

MacDougal, 38, has a wrestling career spanning some eighteen years. He is a three-time Arilyn Wrestling Federation (AWF) World champion, a three-time IGN Junior League (IGNJL) European champion, a one-time IGNJL World champion, and a one-time SWF Hardcore champion. MacDougal was a founding member and onetime leader of the successful X Force 9 stable, and was the innovator of the creative Miami Mayhem match. His last public role was as Head of Creative Control for the now-defunct Smarks Junior League (SJL).

Sky, 27, was a protege who trained under MacDougal before getting her big break in 2001 in the IGNJL. Sky has held the IGNJL World and European titles in her four years in the sports entertainment business. She was a member of several wrestling stables, such as X Force 9, Havoc, and America's Sweethearts. Among her career highlights is a thriller of a ladder match against Stryke in which she received her IGNJL European title victory.

Sky brings to the relationship one child, Ian, age 5. Interestingly, it was Ian's victory over the Boston Strangler in July 2003's "SJL Wrathapalooza II" event in Minneapolis, Minnesota, that was credited for boosting sales of the DVD of said event released later that year.

The couple has set a tentative wedding date of May 20, 2006. No further details had been announced as of press time.

--Associated Press

In other news, Muzz kicks Crusen in the groin and takes his copy of Halflife 2.

Congrats, you two, the next generation of SWF superstars is safe.

Well, first, I just wanted to say that it's good to see you all again. Well, most of you anyway ;)

As far as how I asked the question, it wasn't anything elaborate but I'll tell you anyway. I worked that day and it happened that I walked home from work that evening rather than take a bus as I often do (so I could make a stop to pick up the ring). When I arrived home two hours late, Sydney was expecting to start an argument. I'm happy to say that never occurred ;) Afterwards we went out to dinner with my brother and a mutual friend to celebrate.

Well I guess that finally kills off the American Sweetheart reuinion tour.

...In all seriousness Pete, congratulations and hope all works out well.

:huh:

...Aren't you a little old for her?

Hey TNT, quit horning in on my racket; I'm supposed to have the market cornered on oblivious statements around here... go get your own hook. ;)

Besides, while Sydney was before my time in the fed, I'm pretty sure that that's not LDP's real age.

BTW, congrats, Pete.

- Dub Cee

And in any case, it passes the "half your age plus seven" rule, even disregarding that once everyone's over 23 it's all good anyway.

- Tom's wrestling coach, who was 29 when he married a 23-year-old

Friend of mine who's the same age as me (nearly 23) has been going out with a 40-something year old man for over five years now. It may help that she's the more mature one in the relationship.

Oh, and congrats to two people I've never spoken to. I still say that 'Longdogger Pete' sounds like a pirate gimmick though.

Classy, Thoth. Real classy.

Congrats on the engagement, Pete. And I want my goddamn rematch with Ian. I'm sure he's progressed in his writing, but I feel that my college education has given me sufficient ammunition to beat a 5 year old in a writing competition. As long as he doesn't bust out the GNSKDJOSEJKJ!!! again, then I should be good to go.

Actually, the little guy's been retired from wrestling for awhile in favor of his new sport - baseball. I hear he's knee deep in off season contract negotiations as we speak. (His agent doesn't allow me to ask questions.)

Well, that was fun for awhile. Good seeing you all again. Back into my cave I go.

Classy, Thoth. Real classy.

Congrats on the engagement, Pete. And I want my goddamn rematch with Ian. I'm sure he's progressed in his writing, but I feel that my college education has given me sufficient ammunition to beat a 5 year old in a writing competition. As long as he doesn't bust out the GNSKDJOSEJKJ!!! again, then I should be good to go.

Even though Ian is five years old and is scribbling incoherently, he still managed to spell the word "Jose".

Pete, stop having children with the Cuban girls, bro.