TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Nighthawk

Comments which don't warrant a thread.

Blonde Redhead is named after a DNA song and Pretty Girls Make Graves is named after a Smiths song. I've never heard a song by either of those bands and don't really ever intend to.

fake edit: Oh yeah. Radiohead is named after a Talking Heads song. I guess they're pretty good.

Was Godsmack named after the Alice in Chains song? They're pretty terrible, but still.

yes, Sully was an AIC fan so he names his band after one of their worst songs.

Godsmack is horrible, btw.

Blonde Redhead is named after a DNA song and Pretty Girls Make Graves is named after a Smiths song. I've never heard a song by either of those bands and don't really ever intend to.

fake edit: Oh yeah. Radiohead is named after a Talking Heads song. I guess they're pretty good.

And the Smiths' song comes from an old Kerouac line. Such a small world.

I was a pretty big Godsmack fan back in junior high and high school before I found my musical niche. Now I see them as a poor man's AIC and can't stand to listen to them anymore.

Was Godsmack named after the Alice in Chains song? They're pretty terrible, but still.

I agree that Godsmack is a horrible band, but have to disagree about the song being one of AiC's worst.

I agree that Godsmack is a horrible band, but have to disagree about the song being one of AiC's worst.

That would be "Love, Hate, Love"

Cold War Kids, The Hold Steady, Fountains of Wayne, John Butler Trio, and Uncle Earl have leaked confirmations for this summer's Bonnaroo fest.

The biggest rumors have it that Pearl Jam, Bob Dylan, Tom Waits, The Roots, Modest Mouse, TV/Radio, and ISIS may be there as well.

The biggest rumors have it that Pearl Jam, Bob Dylan, Tom Waits, The Roots, Modest Mouse, TV/Radio, and ISIS may be there as well.

Did you capitalize "Isis" because Isis capitalizes it, or because you really like Isis? I can't picture you really liking Isis.

None of that is confirmed, but I find it believable. Yeah, they're definitly moving beyond the jamband thing and that is for the best.

I really like ISIS. I cant think of too many other bands I'd like to see play for a couple hours in the middle of the night while my brain melts into a skull-encased puddle.

None of that is confirmed, but I find it believable. Yeah, they're definitly moving beyond the jamband thing and that is for the best.

I really like ISIS. I cant think of too many other bands I'd like to see play for a couple hours in the middle of the night while my brain melts into a skull-encased puddle.

Festivals are the time when I like to see Jambands though. I know that they want to keep getting bigger, but for my tastes I'm less likely to go now.

Guest "Go, Mordecai!"

Didn't see it here, but Michael Brecker of the Brecker Brothers died over the weekend. I did a concert with his brother Randy five years ago.

Roo will still have plenty of jambands (Umphreys, MMW, Slip, MMJ and others are all but confirmed) but I think that the days of Widespread Panic headlining two nights are past.

Crosby&Nash are going to be doing a show at City Hall in April. Even though they're probably my two least favorite members of CSNY, I'm still considering shelling out $60 to see them. Their voices have seemed to held up better than Stills from the recent live stuff I've heard. It's billed as "An Intimate Evening with Crosby and Nash" so I assume it'll be acoustic with just those two.

If B.B. King cancels his show here in May and/or dies. I'll probably buy tickets.