TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Nighthawk

Comments which don't warrant a thread.

Guest Felonies!

Radiohead. "Scatterbrain." Did anybody else have nothing but apathy for this song until one time something clicked and you said "man, I really want to listen to 'Scatterbrain'"? I just did.

i have. except for the last part about something clicking and wanting to listen to it.

i'm pissed that "kinetic" isn't on itunes. i love that song.

Guest Felonies!

That and "The Amazing Sounds of Orgy" were both great b-sides. All of those should've just been tacked onto Amnesiac, if you ask me, since Amnesiac is basically a glorified b-sides comp.

EDIT: Cuttooth and Fog, too. Geez.

EDIT 2: Well, "Fast Track" is a throwaway.

That and "The Amazing Sounds of Orgy" were both great b-sides. All of those should've just been tacked onto Amnesiac, if you ask me, since Amnesiac is basically a glorified b-sides comp.

EDIT: Cuttooth and Fog, too. Geez.

EDIT 2: Well, "Fast Track" is a throwaway.

The live version of "Fog" is great, IMO.

In other news, Death Metal normally isn't my kind of thing, but I got Unquestionable Presence by Athiest via torrent yesterday, and I'm actually enjoying it quiet a bit.

Ranking the Todd Rundgren I've heard:

1. Something/Anything?

2. Runt: The Ballad of Todd Rundgren

3. Runt

4. A Wizard, a True Star

5. Todd

6. The Ever Popular Tortured Artist Effect

7. A Cappella

8. Initiation

9. Liars

I've missed three opportunities to see him live in the past three years (Well really, two and a half since one of the shows was The New Cars). The first show was on Cinco De Mayo in 2004 but I couldn't go because I was rehearsing for a play. Then, I spent April vacation in Baltimore in 2005 and he was playing a club there the night that we went home. Then, I actually bought tickets to see The New Cars last Sunday but then they cancelled the show due to low ticket sales.

Guest BlindHeartagram

1. Something/Anything?

3. Runt

4. A Wizard, a True Star

5. Todd

7. A Cappella

8. Initiation

9. Liars

I've missed three opportunities to see him live in the past three years (Well really, two and a half since one of the shows was The New Cars). The first show was on Cinco De Mayo in 2004 but I couldn't go because I was rehearsing for a play. Then, I spent April vacation in Baltimore in 2005 and he was playing a club there the night that we went home. Then, I actually bought tickets to see The New Cars last Sunday but then they cancelled the show due to low ticket sales.

Sure, they SAID it was "low ticket sales"... but I have a feeling what really happend is that Ric Ocasek finally found Rundgren and was going to finally extract his revenge. It was a life-saving technique, pure and simple.

Well, they went on to play in Cleveland two nights later. So I guess Ric just temporarily disabled Todd.

I don't see why the other guys in The New Cars just go on tour with Ric Ocasek. I saw Ric Ocasek give an interview on VH1 Classics where he said he wouldn't mind going on a small 10-15 date tour with the rest of The Cars. I guess you could argue that the other guys want the chance to make more money by going on longer tours. But seriously they'd make more money doing a 10-15 date arena tour than doing a 40-50 date tour of half filled theaters.

The New Cars just don't make any sense to me but damn it I wanted to see them!

Has anybody heard the Swan Lake CD? I am currently downloading it...and deducing from the people in the band, I expect it to be awesome.

1. Something/Anything?

3. Runt

4. A Wizard, a True Star

5. Todd

7. A Cappella

8. Initiation

9. Liars

Yeah, but who cares about current Todd Rundgren.

Yesterday afternoon, while at work, two guys (mechanics, might I add) began to squabble over the cd player. Usually, we set the radio to our local innocuous classic rock station but occasionally, someone will slip in a cd.

The two guys both had the idea at the same time and this started the agrument between Hank Williams Jr and Bright Eyes. I figure this might be the one and only time two greasy mechanics in a garage will have had a legitimate debate between those two respective musical selections.

The boss, who stood beside me and watched the spectacle finally put an end to it by telling them "If you want to play old country shit, bring in Cash instead. If you want to play that teenagey whiner shit, at least get it right and bring The Smiths, dumb-ass." and promptly took the radio and set it to the top 40 pop station as a message.

This brought me to this question, what's the strangest musical debate you ever witnessed?

Someone tried arguing with me that Johnny Cougar & Bruce Springsteen sound exactly the same. I didn't bother to hold up my end of the debate.

Does anybody have any interest in the new Beatles' semi-remix CD Love? I'm downloading and listening as I go, and it's interesting so far, but I'm not sure that the songs that I've got downloaded and listened to so far are best representative of the mashing up of various song elements.

Guest Felonies!
Does anybody have any interest in the new Beatles' semi-remix CD Love?

No. It's crap.

Hey, it's the Beatles. It can't be crap! Even if it's nothing special, any CD that has 20-some odd songs by the Beatles cannot be considered crap.

Bah! "Rocky Raccoon" is the pinnacle of musicosity! The sheer genius of "Rocky Raccoon" is unquestionable! Anyone that disagrees is nothing more than a dullard!

...Yeah, but seriously, "Rocky Raccoon" sucks...but for every "Rocky Raccoon" there's like...800 wonderful Beatles' songs.

Guest Felonies!
Hey, it's the Beatles. It can't be crap! Even if it's nothing special, any CD that has 20-some odd songs by the Beatles cannot be considered crap.

No. It's crap.

Edwin, I think it's from Cirque du Soleil, so you're in the right ballpark here.

I might go to the Govt Mule show in Madison next Thursday, depending on how much I spend on Xmas crap this weekend. I doubt it will dissapoint if I do go.

No. It's crap.

Edwin, I think it's from Cirque du Soleil, so you're in the right ballpark here.

Poppycock! Do you just dislike the Beatles in general? Wots....uh...going on?

Guest Felonies!

It's just a bunch of stupid mash-ups. Why do I need to hear Penny Lane, Because, and Strawberry Fields Forever spliced into one big morass of psychedelic bastardy? I feel bad knowing that George Martin is associated with this sad excuse for a Beatles-related novelty. My mom almost bought this until she actually heard a sample.

"Rocky Raccoon" begs to differ.

An odd thing: a few months back, I was at my favorite watering hole, wherein a local singer/songwriter was playing to a largely disinterested crowd (myself included). Though the bulk of his set—a mix of originals and covers—was met with apathy, which changed when he started in on "Rocky Raccoon." After about a minute, the formerly bored crowd started singing along. Joyously, even. The damndest thing, it was.

Anyway, Love. The one upside to this is that it might get the right people off their asses to go and given the Beatles back catalogue a proper remaster.