10 After the Sunset $4,575,000/$24,586,000

11 Sideways $3,455,000/$9,828,585

12 The Grudge $2,800,000/$107,823,000

-----

Out of the top 12:

-Shall We Dance

-Seed of Chucky

-Saw

Finding Neverland and Sideways were only on about 500 screens each.

Top 6 were all over $20, pretty big week overall.

And The Incredibles is currently the #50 top grossing boxoffice movie of all time, in between X-Men 2 and Austin Powers: Goldmember

...Christmas With The Kranks made money despite it likely being shit.

It is shit, a big steaming pile of donkey shit. My brother and his two kids were here for Thanksgiving, and the four of us went to see it, and it was just pathetic. It's one of the most unfunny films ever. The odd thing though, is that at the end of the film, it got a STANDING OVATION. Yes, you heard me right. After it was over, the people in the crowd (it was packed tight also) actually stood up, and cheered and clapped.

I was just...amazed. I can't put into words how shocked I was at that.

Dear America,

Stop going to see bad Jerry Bruckheimer films.

k thx

TCR

Somebody had to take over the action film scene when Arnold decided to become a politician.

And honestly, outside of a few exceptions, Bruckheimer's movies have been pretty damn solid. National Treasure does leave the taste of "wow, I thought American History class was second block on Tuesday, not on Saturday night," but it's still a damn SOLID movie.

Guest Smues
And The Incredibles is currently the #50 top grossing boxoffice movie of all time, in between X-Men 2 and Austin Powers: Goldmember

Craig T Nelson owns.

Anyone got a reason why Alexander sank like a lead balloon?

Overwhelmingly bad reviews, the length, its R-rating, lack of interest in the subject material...I've heard all of them so far.

"Battlefield Earth bad"

Anyone got a reason why Alexander sank like a lead balloon?

Overwhelmingly bad reviews, the length, its R-rating, lack of interest in the subject material...I've heard all of them so far.

The length of the film especially didn't help.

It was only showing at 12, 4, and 8 on Saturday.

National Treasure had double the amount of times.

There was so little to do over Thanksgiving weekend that I contributed to National Treasure's gross. It was retarded, but Nicholas Cage's uncanny ability to take everything seriously was pretty fascinating. Best picture 2004.

Guest TheLastBoyscout
There was so little to do over Thanksgiving weekend that I contributed to National Treasure's gross. It was retarded, but Nicholas Cage's uncanny ability to take everything seriously was pretty fascinating. Best picture 2004.

How was it "retarded"?

What the hell do people see in National Treasure?!?!?!?

Maybe its all the phony American history behind it.

I can think of 60 million people off the top of my head that sort of thing might appeal to.

I saw Alfie.

What's it all about?

I see The Polar Express does indeed have legs, still 165 million dollar budget, it's gonna still need to sell a helluva lot of DVD's to make that back.

There was so little to do over Thanksgiving weekend that I contributed to National Treasure's gross.  It was retarded, but Nicholas Cage's uncanny ability to take everything seriously was pretty fascinating.  Best picture 2004.

How was it "retarded"?

Well, it was ridiculously cliche, full of goofy historical awe and really bizarre leaps of logic, and featured Nicholas Cage just about busting a nut over the prospect of pouring lemon juice on the Declaration of Independence. Totally ridiculous in pretty much every aspect, but a much better-made movie than its dopey script would imply. I had lots of fun.

What does everyone have against National Treasure? It seems like a fun little escape from reality with some urban legends mixed in. It plays well off all the rumors of the founding fathers being Free Masons and the supposedly hidden things on dollar bills and stuff. Plus it made for some interesting marketing. (Like a contest where you sent in a serial number from a dollar bill and could win a prizes)

I'm getting a little annoyed by all the hating on movies that half of ya'll haven't even seen. We're all starting to sound like movie critics and I've never listened to them. So why should I start now?

Guest TheLastBoyscout
Well, it was ridiculously cliche,

If anything, it was refreshing to see an action hero who doesn't use a gun once. Plus, there was a little bit of mutual respect between the hero and villian that I thought was nice. Bean wasn't a typical Eurotrash villian.

full of goofy historical awe and really bizarre leaps of logic,

Not really. The detective story made sense, and I could suspend my disbelief that Cage could solve the clues so quickly. Each set piece had a logical lead in to the next one, and the historical stuff was a welcome change from a lot of the hero posturing usually found in movies like this.

I mean it wasn't French New Wave, but it certainly wasn't as stupid as you're claiming.