TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Vanhalen

Will HHH win the battle royale tonight

Of course he will. As much as I'd like to see him drop the title, he will probably hold it until WrestleMania. Actually though, I'd rather see him lose it in a 1-on-1 match than a battle royal anyway. It'd mean more.

I'd still mark out if somebody like Steven Richards won, but we all know that will never happen.

Guest Duncan Eternia

I think he will...although this would be a great oppurtunity for something big to happen. Maybe an unexpected guy wins it or a returning/debuting guy can come out and cost HHH the belt. Just brainstorming...

Either way, he will have the title for WM 21, so he can drop it to Orton.

If the battle royal was for the Intercontinental Title then there's a strong possibility of a title change. As much as I'd love to see Stevie or another lower carder pull off a win, the World Title is too important, or at least is supposed to be too important, to get passed around like that.

They're building up HHH as a strong champion who has survived and overcome tremendous adversity. He needs to hold the title here for the sake of that storyline to make the upcoming WM match that much more meaningful.

I believe he's going to retain the title somehow. Even though all logic and booking necessity says he should lose it here.

Imagine how intense the battle royale would be if he were to be elminated first. Then every guy in there knows he's got a shot at being a champion. That's way more interesting than any other battle royale stip I can think of.

But HHH will have the belt by the end of the night.

And it WILL bury the roster. I don't care how he cheats or whatever, it will make the other guys look bad. At least one of them should have thought of a way to counter what he was doing.

There's a reason this is happening this week and Jericho is booking next week. If HHH is simply going to retain, why not have him beat Jericho this week and do the battle royal last? No, something is definitely up here. I can honestly see HHH losing the belt here, though I'll probably feel like an idiot at the end of the night for thinking so.

1) Somebody like Edge or Batista wins the title. Next week Jericho books himself in a title match against them. HHH costs Batista the title if its him, and the split is complete, or maybe HBK returns and costs Edge the title, and Jericho wins it. Then Jericho drops it back to HHH at New Years Revolution.

2) Jericho wins the title and then I don't know exactly how he'd book next week, but the end result would be him losing to HHH at New Years Revolution.

3) HHH retains. But if so, why have Jericho book last? They're headed somewhere with this, but I don't know exactly where...I could see the battle royal not even happening tonight, to be honest. But if HHH beats the entire roster in a battle royal to retain his title, it'll be ridiculous.

Guest GK2186

I was reading the offical Raw preview for tomorrow night and it says that Flair would have an advantage being the only one to walk out of one of these matches with the title still with him. We all know how much Hunter iwnats to be like Flair My guess is trips asked for this match

On any ordinary circumstance, I would be excited about the possibility of a title change tonight, but as I've learned several times in the past, Triple H will hang on to the belt.

I think back to Summerslam 03 when I was so sure that Triple H was dropping the belt... and then he won the match... after delivering one sledgehammer shot to Goldberg... and the night was ruined for me.

No, I'll only believe that Triple H will lose the title tonight when he actually does lose it and the show goes off the air without the decision being changed.

Is is a little odd that they gave Orton week 3 of GM...since they're pushing Orton as Raw's #1 babyface.

They've got something up their sleeve, I'm telling you...otherwise there's no way in hell the "golden boy" would go third instead of fourth.

Hey guys...

Here's a good question. Say Triple H GETS ELIMINATED FIRST. Or later...whenever.

My question is...is there anyone in the match (besides Triple H) you ABSOLUTELY, NO WAY IN HELL, want to see win the battle royal?

Note: Randy Orton is not in it. Apparently, neither are Gene Snitsky or Muhammed Hussein.

Flair. Him winning would be an embarrassment.

I could see this happening though. It would be great for HHH's bloated ego to take a belt from his hero.

He hasn't done this yet, has he? I know he's defended a belt against Flair, but he hasn't actually taken one from him, has he?

And does everyone remember that touching "retirement" they had for Flair awhile back where HHH gave him the belt and they carried him on their shoulders? Makes me puke to think of it now.

And does everyone remember that touching "retirement" they had for Flair awhile back where HHH gave him the belt and they carried him on their shoulders? Makes me puke to think of it now.

That wasn't a retirement, that was just celebrating Ric's legacy, and showing him the proper respect in Carolina.

To the above poster who said someone will win it and then Jericho will beat them next week, I can't see his Triple H having his belt devalued by having it change twice, then a third time in the space of around six weeks.

Personally, I think Jericho will win the title in the Battle Royale. Why? That way Trips can lose the belt without being pinned and then get it back at New Year's Revolution by beating Jericho once again.

Like he's ever going to lay down for Jericho (and have it stick). ;)

Viscera would be the worst, followed by Rosey.

As far as the best choices according to my personal tastes, I'd go with Steven Richards, Chris Jericho, Chris Benoit, Christian, Hurricane, Edge, or Flair.

The following names have been confirmed (via Raw or wwe.com) as being in the **20-man** battle royal.

Batista

Chris Benoit

Chris Jericho

Christian

Edge

Eugene

Gene Snitsky

Jonathon Coachman

Maven

Rhyno

Ric Flair

Robert Conway

Rosey

Shelton Benjamin

Steven Richards

Sylvain Grenier

Triple H

Tyson Tomko

Val Venis

Viscera

William Regal

That's 21 names. WWE.com has two stories up, one saying its a "20 man Battle Royal" (the newer one) and one saying it's "EVERY member of the Raw roster". The older one lists Edge and Snitsky as competing. I doubt Edge will be in it, honestly.

The Hurricane has yet to be discussed or seen in promotion for the battle royal.

Guest Coffey

I'm thinking that the Battle Royal won't happen and Triple H will take Orton up on his offer to fight for a title shot chance down the road.

It bites... RAW is 10 miles from me tonight, and I can't go...

damn money problems...

Anyone know how to get comped tickets?

I wouldn't be shocked to see Jericho win it. Then next week, HHH uses Jericho's ego to get a rematch and win it back.

1) It would bring HHH one step closer to breaking Flair's 16-time record

2) HHH likes screwing with Jericho

A MOD should just combine this and Coffey's RAW Discussion Thread, as they're both going to lead to the same discussion.

HHH wins tonight, of course. I do find it weird that Orton didn't get the last show but that doesn't really mean much.