TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Damaramu

A New College Hoops Thread.....

Funny, I would trust Sampson more than the guy who ran the greatest basketball program in the country nearly to oblivion. Maybe that's just me. Surely there is some sort of Red Sox type curse on Eddie Sutton for that crap at UK.

OU is a nice team but it seems like at some point in the tourney they just can't shoot for shit. It happened against IU in 2002 (that year I swore OU was the best team too), and in 2003 they didn't do shit vs. the Cuse zone.

Thank God Illinois beat Wisconsin tonight. It's not that I care about either team, but at least this means Duke won't be moving up to #1. I swear this bleh Duke team being #1 is the national nightmare.

Well cabbage Eddie Sutton has never advanced past the Final Four even though his team last year was probably the best one he's had and probably was the #2 best in the country.

OU hasn't had a real great shooting performance in any of these games that they've won against big ranked teams. And that worries me b/c I know someone will find a way to neutralize Bookout and Gray.

Funny, I would trust Sampson more than the guy who ran the greatest basketball program in the country nearly to oblivion. Maybe that's just me. Surely there is some sort of Red Sox type curse on Eddie Sutton for that crap at UK.

OU is a nice team but it seems like at some point in the tourney they just can't shoot for shit. It happened against IU in 2002 (that year I swore OU was the best team too), and in 2003 they didn't do shit vs. the Cuse zone.

Thank God Illinois beat Wisconsin tonight. It's not that I care about either team, but at least this means Duke won't be moving up to #1. I swear this bleh Duke team being #1 is the national nightmare.

I second this entire post. Well put all around.

Dama, I know OSU got to the FF and they were a deserving team since they basically went through all the tough guys in that bracket (Pitt, St. Joes), but they were the weakest of the four teams left. They lost to Ga Tech in what wasn't particularly an upset, and I think either Duke or UConn would have beaten them by 10.

Tonight we have Marquette...KILL DIENER!

Chuck Hayes broke his nose last night. I've not heard if he'll miss any games because of it. I'll suspect they'll fix him up, put a face mask on him and send him on his way. It is my understanding that he's played in every game since he came to UK, so I'd hate for him to miss one his senior year.

No kidding.

Dama, I know OSU got to the FF and they were a deserving team since they basically went through all the tough guys in that bracket (Pitt, St. Joes), but they were the weakest of the four teams left. They lost to Ga Tech in what wasn't particularly an upset, and I think either Duke or UConn would have beaten them by 10.

Tonight we have Marquette...KILL DIENER!

Well that may be true but I don't really think it was. Going into the tourney with the St. Joe's and Stanford getting knocked off OSU was basically the #1 team in the country if they were still doing polls. And I know the polls don't mean much but I felt OSU deserved a 1 seed over Kentucky, who I believe was the other one seed.

But the game against GA Tech was a bungle by OSU. They were up by 1 and they put John Lucas on Jack. Lucas had not been able to guard anyone all night. If they'd put Witherspoon on him they probably wouldn't have had any trouble. The move Jack used to get to the basket wasn't all that impressive and Witherspoon could've handled it but Lucas couldn't.

I don't think they would've gotten embarassed by UConn as bad as GT but then again I don't think they would've beaten UConn as I don't think anybody could've.

I dunno I don't forsee a Final Four for OSU. Hell OU may be able to make that if they get hotter and I would've said Kansas a month ago but I mean they've been playing such shitty ball lately. I don't know. Someone from the Big XII will be in the Final Four. Seems there always is.

I don't think [Oklahoma St.] would've gotten embarassed by UConn as bad as GT but then again I don't think they would've beaten UConn as I don't think anybody could've.

Duke would've beaten UConn 8 or 9 times out of ten. The circumstance of having both your good post players foul out doesn't exactly happen very often. Shit, GT probably would have beaten them if Elder had been healthy. When he was healthy earlier in the season, they blew UConn out, and we've all seen how the Jackets have fallen apart without him this year.

UConn wasn't a fluke champion, but they were far from a powerhouse.

Speaking of that GT is the team I really really don't want OU to run into in the tourney.

They have a 7 footer that can bang around with Gray and Bookout and they have great outside shooting so they can stay away from Gray and Bookout when they're on defense.

Michigan's point guard Daniel Horton was just suspended for allegedly choking his girlfriend. That sucks for them, he's pretty damn inconisistent..... and he skips out on philosophy final exams

edited for accuracy

What were the Duke fans chanting at the beginning of Duke/MD...

"I'm from Maryland. NO ONE CAN BEAT ME!"

Like, the entire arena. What's the story?

Sounded to me like "Undefeated, Maryland cant beat us" or something..

Maryland needs to win this game.

Boston College remains undefeated, squeaking by Providence 78-75.

Looking at their schedule, they've played only two ranked teams (Connecticut and West Virginia) while barely squeaking by teams like Holy Cross, Kent State and Yale. If they end up with a #1 in the tourney, I could see them getting knocked off by a #16.

Boston College remains undefeated, squeaking by Providence 78-75.

Looking at their schedule, they've played only two ranked teams (Connecticut and West Virginia) while barely squeaking by teams like Holy Cross, Kent State and Yale. If they end up with a #1 in the tourney, I could see them getting knocked off by a #16.

I think Syracuse will end that possibilty, but that's just me. :P

Maryland has the game tied up despite being absolutely worked over by the officials. Winning at Duke is so damn difficult unless you blow them out because the officiating is so biased there.

Big win for Maryland tonight. If they get in the tournament, they should definitely win a game or two.

I think the Duke loss really just illustrates the gap between Illinois and the rest of the country right now. Duke was the last team other than them with any real claim to be #1, and they just lost at home to a mid-level squad in Maryland. There's really not even a clear-cut #2 right now, and if the polls were unbiased, Illinois could probably lose twice and still keep the top spot.

Guest meirslooth

"I'm from Maryland.  NO ONE CAN BEAT ME!"

Like, the entire arena.  What's the story?

Yes, Duke was chanting that line.

Here's the story....

Nik Caner-Medley got into a bar fight over the summer and when asked why, he stated, "I'm from Maryland. NO ONE CAN BEAT ME!""

Sad, but true.

Guest Smues

"I'm from Maryland.  NO ONE CAN BEAT ME!"

Like, the entire arena.  What's the story?

Yes, Duke was chanting that line.

Here's the story....

Nik Caner-Medley got into a bar fight over the summer and when asked why, he stated, "I'm from Maryland. NO ONE CAN BEAT ME!""

Sad, but true.

I was wondering what that chant was about, that was a loud chant.

Michigan's point guard Daniel Horton was just suspended for allegedly choking his girlfriend.  That sucks for them, he's pretty damn inconisistent..... and he skips out on philosophy final exams

edited for accuracy

hahah nice, inconsistent sure, but I'd take him over Chris Hill any day lomas... I'll be at that game tonight, expecting a tough fought win for my Spartans!

I try to figure out why Michigan isn't good this year, and I realized it isn't talent. Its the ghost of Ed Martin injuring all of our players. The great thing is out of our 7 losses, 3 or 4 of them were close and had Michigan won some of those games they would be an At Large Bid waiting to happen. I think that Michigan has to pretty much lose maybe two games at the most in the conference. ( State and Illinois) and run the table. I think 12-4 in the Big Ten gets them in, but its highly unlikely. Crimson, I must say I'm not going to the game, but my punk ass roommate who ate " my fucking BW3 chicken wings" is going through his company and he has floor seats. I think that it will be a good one, and if Michigan were to lose to anyone at basketball, I would prefer it to be MSU, whom I totally love as a school. I am one of the few people in Michigan that is a fan of both schools.

I try to figure out why Michigan isn't good this year, and I realized it isn't talent. Its the ghost of Ed Martin injuring all of our players. The great thing is out of our 7 losses, 3 or 4 of them were close and had Michigan won some of those games they would be an At Large Bid waiting to happen. I think that Michigan has to pretty much lose maybe two games at the most in the conference. ( State and Illinois) and run the table. I think 12-4 in the Big Ten gets them in, but its highly unlikely. Crimson, I must say I'm not going to the game, but my punk ass roommate who ate " my fucking BW3 chicken wings" is going through his company and he has floor seats. I think that it will be a good one, and if Michigan were to lose to anyone at basketball, I would prefer it to be MSU, whom I totally love as a school. I am one of the few people in Michigan that is a fan of both schools.

That's insane.

Hopefully I'll be sitting in the good seats, my parents have two sets, one of which is two rows in front of Magic Johnson's dad (and Magic whenever he shows up, which is a pain in the ass because of all the autograph seekers getting in my way). Otherwise I'll be behind the basket nearest the band.

I don't know about them running the Big Ten after State and Illinois though, they lost to Indiana, who sucks something fierce, and Wisconsin already beat them. I'm thinking that they are not going to be able to beat Wisco again (if they play them again that is).

Did we ever put an assraping on Marquette last night or what? It was sorta tainted since Diener was hurt but that was unmitigated bitchslapping right there.

I actually turned off Duke/MD when Duke got up 8 in the 2nd half. I figured hell this is over at Cameron. I wasn't shocked to hear Maryland won though...Duke isn't shit this year.