TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
LJSexay

In Good Company

Hey guys. So last night some of the guys and gals decided to trek into our University Theatre and watch In Good Company, with Dennis Quaid, Scarlet Johanson and Topher Grace.

Lemme just say, it was an awesome film. =) I gues since it's only Saturday morn various people haven't seen it yet, but that's alright.. when you do, I wanna know what you thought of it. I personally need to gather my ideas before I tell you why I liked it so much. Drunken scattegories will do that to ya.

Go see this movie!

The Tpoher-Scarlet romance is really overblown in the ads. The movie is really about Dennis Quaid and Topher. I didn't even think Scarlet deserved over the title billing because of how little screentime she has compared to them.

I thought the movie was entertaining, but by the numbers.

No- it's not a romantic comedy.

The Scarlett-Topher subplot really sucks- Johansen is horrible and even though Topher is great- they don't really have any chemistry and it just seems forced to provide more conflict between Quaid and Topher- when there didn't need to be.

Plus the film kept having this CORPORATIONS ARE BAD message all over the film and it got really tiring after a while.

It was a cute movie with good performances but didn't totally click with me

Ohh okay, the way they advertised the movie I thought it was going to be a romantic comedy, which I hate just as much as the Yankees.

Well, not that much.

I might have to give this a look then.

Guest Vitamin X

I was extremely disappointed in this movie, since it had great acting and humor but after a while, the way the plots develop, you start wondering where the fuck they're going, and then you find out: absolutely nowhere! When it finished, I was like... "That's it?" To me it felt like it had minimal resolution and kind of open-ended ending , but certainly not in a good way like in Eternal Sunshine, for example.

It ended too soon for me, and I do NOT mean that as a compliment. Disappointing but still some funny bits. I'd give it a B- or C+

I liked it. It was a good story. I'd recommend it.

Plus the film kept having this CORPORATIONS ARE BAD message all over the film and it got really tiring after a while.

That's interesting--I heard the director of the movie interviewed by Michael Medved. Medved made the comment that one of reasons he liked the movie was that it avoided the usual "Corporations are bad" Hollywood mantra. The director thanked him for that comment.

I guess it's all in the eye of the beholder.

Guest Vitamin X

I really enjoyed Topher Grace's performance in the movie, actually. Dennis Quaid and him had great chemistry throughout the film.

Too bad the film lacked an actual plot.

The reviews here sounds disappointing. I might just check it out on DVD.

It's worth seeing in the theatres. Myself and my gal both recommend it.

Topher...hot... :huh:

The theater was littered with teenage girls when I saw it. He must have some kind of following. Better him than Ashton Kutcher I guess.

Guest Vitamin X

The "some kind of following" probably comes from That 70's Show. It is quite a hit, don't you know.