TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Deadbolt

Does TNA need a Mid-Card belt?

Guest Deadbolt

This may be a stupid question, but I think it could help them!

Currently in TNA, you have to be in one of three divisions, TAG, X, or WORLD. Where are all the other guys who arn't quite ready or not getting anywhere for the NWA World title, but are too big for the X division, people like, The Alpha Male Monty Brown, DDP, Dustin Rhodes, Eric Watts, Jeff Hardy, Raven.And even Elix Skipper and Chris Daniels could be added to this division, more fueds in TNA with another title added would make greater television.

So would you be in favour of adding another belt to TNA or should they keep their current format?

Yeah they really need one. They have too many wrestlers just sort of floating around doing/aiming at nothing because they aren't X style or ready for the World title.

You know, it figures that the one time someone other than me starts a thread about this, that people respond positively.

And yes, by God, they need a mid-card belt.

they need the old WCW TV title....quick somebody call hacksaw and ask him who bought it from him off ebay?

Guest Deadbolt
I wouldn't mind them bringing the North American Heavyweight title in as their version of the US/IC title belt.

Believe it or not the NWA does have a North American Title.

I wouldn't mind them bringing the North American Heavyweight title in as their version of the US/IC title belt.

Believe it or not the NWA does have a North American Title.

....right, that's why I said that.

I mean, what's one more belt for NWA to allow TNA to control? The North American title I think would make a welcome addition to it.

...just wondering, does the belt look the same as it did when Jarrett held it in late 97/early 98?

Currently in TNA, you have to be in one of three divisions, TAG, X, or WORLD. Where are all the other guys who arn't quite ready or not getting anywhere for the NWA World title, but are too big for the X division, people like, The Alpha Male Monty Brown, DDP, Dustin Rhodes, Eric Watts, Jeff Hardy, Raven.And even Elix Skipper and Chris Daniels could be added to this division, more fueds in TNA with another title added would make greater television.

I would rather see the tag team division get bigger:

1) AJ and Daniels in the main event

2) DDP & Dustin working tag team

3) Jeff Hardy in the X division to give some people the rub

4) Monty & D-Lo as Team Brown, or Monty & Ron Killing as Dolomite & Shaft Jr

5) Eric Watts as the 3rd member of Kronik

6) Primetime in the X division

7) Raven should reform the Flock and chase after all of the belts, again.

North American champ..........what ever happen to Colorado Kid?

they need the old WCW TV title....quick somebody call hacksaw and ask him who bought it from him off ebay?

No need.

Just ask NWA Hawaii for some of their extras.

If you don't know what I mean by that...

http://nwawrestling.com/members/belt/

Check out the Heavyweight and Junior Heavweight title belts REALLY closely for NWA Hawaii.

It's fine as it is. The belts actually mean something which can't be said for WWE and their 400 titles. Everyone shouldn't have a belt, that's what makes them prestiges. TNA is a small enough roster that every major player should be looking to capture the NWA World Title, while enough of the rest of the roster qualifies stylisticly for the X belt or if a tag team, the tag team belt. A midcard title would just water down things, which is not neccesarry for such a small roster.

North American champ..........what ever happen to Colorado Kid?

Lives out in California last I heard, still comes back to Nashville to visit friends & wrestle a couple times a year.

A TNA mid-card belt? They already got it, and it's called the X-Division Championship. (What, you thought Sonny Siaiki, Chris Sabin, and Petey Williams were main-event caliber?) It just happens to be basically a cruiserweight belt. The heavyweight title has always been portrayed as more prestigious and important.

Check out the Heavyweight and Junior Heavweight title belts REALLY closely for NWA Hawaii.

Aren't those just toy replicas of the WCW TV title, only with different logo's? That's exactly what they look like.

And Slapnuts!, think of all of the workers in TNA that aren't X-Division or in the main event. Abyss, Sonny Siaki (I don't care what Mike Tenay and Don West tell me, he was NEVER X-Division, and NEVER will be, considering he's a power-based wrestler, and the X-Division was NEVER about power-based wrestling), DDP, Dustin Rhodes, Glenn Gilberti, Johnny Swinger, Eric Watts, Raven, Ron Killings...hell, that's just about the size of the constantly active X-Division roster. Why shouldn't there be a secondary title for them to vie for? It would also help get wrestlers that are set to be in line for a push to the World title something to get their feet wet with.

And yes, too many titles spoil the prestige of them. But you need to keep a number of belts that is proportioned to the size of your roster. Since not every wrestler that isn't X-Division is in a tag team or is in the hunt for the World title (half the roster), it doesn't make sense to not give them a belt to wrestle for.

Aren't those just toy replicas of the WCW TV title, only with different logo's? That's exactly what they look like.

Well, maybe not TOY replicas, but yes...that's them.

They did similar for their tag titles too if you look closely.

No need.

Just ask NWA Hawaii for some of their extras.

If you don't know what I mean by that...

http://nwawrestling.com/members/belt/

And the women's belt is sooo ugly.

tn_east_women.jpg

TNA needs to do alotta things with those belts....for god sakes get rid of the 1950's world title. it's the most dated thing ever. the tag belts are lame, but so is tag team wrestling.

A mid-card title is something they need badly. I say TV Title. It's something familiar to fans...and the WWE doesn't have one. thats all the incentive they should need.

for god sakes get rid of the 1950's world title. it's the most dated thing ever.

So you're saying they should replace their perfectly good NWA World Heavyweight Title, with its 57-year history, just because its "dated", with some completely new made-up belt?

the tag belts are lame, but so is tag team wrestling.

I'm just speechless.

for god sakes get rid of the 1950's world title. it's the most dated thing ever.

So you're saying they should replace their perfectly good NWA World Heavyweight Title, with its 57-year history, just because its "dated", with some completely new made-up belt?

They did it in the 80s. If they didn't we might not have gotten the Big Gold Belt.

At first, I was against the idea on the premise that less was more, but lately I've been changing my tune. Guys like Siaki or Raven or whoever can do some good with a mid card belt.

In the 90's, actually, and we all saw what a good idea that turned out to be.

Er, no, it was the 80s....at least according to the Ric Flair DVD where he's defending the NWA World Title via the Big Gold Belt in matches in the mid to late 80s.

The more I read, the more I think Slapnuts! is on the TNA payroll.

The more I read, the more I think Slapnuts! is on the TNA payroll.

I'm not. Under the same premise I could accuse half the board of being on the ROH payroll...

Er, no, it was the 80s....at least according to the Ric Flair DVD where he's defending the NWA World Title via the Big Gold Belt in matches in the mid to late 80s.

I forget what the 80's NWA title looked like, so it might've been identical to the Big Gold Belt, but the whole BGB thing didn't start until Flair jumped to the WWF in 1991 and wreaked havoc with the NWA/WCW title lineages.

I forget what the 80's NWA title looked like, so it might've been identical to the Big Gold Belt, but the whole BGB thing didn't start until Flair jumped to the WWF in 1991 and wreaked havoc with the NWA/WCW title lineages.

Right...

But they used the Big Gold Belt as the NWA title before that.

After that, the NWA reverted back to the look of the belt that they use now in TNA.

Someone help me out to explain better please?

But they used the Big Gold Belt as the NWA title before that.

After that, the NWA reverted back to the look of the belt that they use now in TNA.

Someone help me out to explain better please?

i think thats a pretty good explanation.

Guest dvkorn

Having only 3 titles is fine...

They shouldn't add another...

Having a small number of belts with many people vying for them makes them special...

Plus having limited TV time, there is no need for anymore...

It would be pointless

Guest Dale Earnhardt

Actually the Dome Globe (Which is what TNA uses now) has only been around since the 70s and there are only THREE known official versions that exist of the belt. Here's where each one is.

1. Ric Flair has the first version. That was used before the NWA switched to the Big Gold Belt in 1986.

2. That version is floating around somewhere. No one can trace the whereabouts of that championship

3. TNA has the third version of it.

The NWA uses a 1970s version of the NWA World Heavyweight Title. Personally, as a fan of what the National Wrestling Alliance stood for, seeing the Dome Globe on TNA TV is the only reminder of the NWA to me. Jeff Jarrett needs to actually travel around more like he did in his first reign. The NWA World Champion used to TRAVEL. Remember that?

Guest The Shadow Behind You
2. That version is floating around somewhere. No one can trace the whereabouts of that championship

Isn't this the same belt that Hogan took after the russo/jarrett fiasco?

Doesn't Dusty Rhodes have one? I remember during the Rhodes/Lawler-Flair-Watts feud in TNA over the NWA title that Ric Flair had at his house (that David Flair stole from him, and brought to TNA) that the 'net reports said the belt was Dusty's, since I doubt Ric would let TNA use his copy.

And I agree with having the World champion in TNA travel more, Dale. Even though I didn't like Jarrett much, I'll admit that his first reign was very, VERY good (up until Destiny), and part of what made it work so well was the clips of Jarrett defending it in Australia for WWA, defending it in Japan, Mexico, Europe, etc. I think I've heard of two non-TNA defenses of the title since Jarrett's second reign began, one of which was in AAA over Latin Lover (which I believe caused a riot, or something very close to a riot), and the other in Japan (when Jarrett attacked Hogan).