TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest El Satanico

New "Batmobile" pictures

The military isn't worried about how something looks. For a rookie Batman, a built for the military urban assault vehicle makes more sense than some ego stroking machine. After he gets some experience and sees what he's up against, then he can worry about style.

It's still ugly. I don't really care if the military built it or not.

I remember in the comics the Batmobile being the Batmobile right off the bat. It wasn't Mad Max's Go-Cart.

Maybe someone should read Dark Knight Returns.

I have.....a long time ago. And I remember hating it.

But still.......Dark Knight Returns was after he'd been Batman for a while.

So you're saying this car is something that was just slapped together b/c he's new?

Whatever it still looks like a go-cart covered in sheet metal.

Guest El Satanico

If that reminds you of any go cart you've seen, then those Oklahoma rednecks must build some crazy ass go carts.

If that reminds you of any go cart you've seen, then those Oklahoma rednecks must build some crazy ass go carts.

Well it's more like Dune Buggy covered in sheet metal.

Everyone here in Oklahoma though knows the good go-cart racing is in Texas.

What the fuck is that?

Cause it's not the Batmobile.

I'm with Jobber. The more I stare at those pics and watch that video clip, I'm expecting Jesse James to enter stage left wearing a Batman costume.

Guest El Satanico

I guess people just really love immobile penis mobiles.

They may be great in the animated series and comics and the movie cars were well designed, but they were awful when used in the actual movie. They looked like they ran on a slot car track and were worthless if anything more than going straight was required.

Who'd a thought basing it off that would create backlash?

Dude, it's a comic book movie.

I swear, they could make a movie based on some comic, and get every single little detail right, and people would STILL find ways to complain.

But that Batmobile is ugly as sin.

I guess people just really love immobile penis mobiles.

They may be great in the animated series and comics and the movie cars were well designed, but they were awful when used in the actual movie. They looked like they ran on a slot car track and were worthless if anything more than going straight was required.

Not really a fan of penismobiles, although I do like lights and a sleek look. This looks like some redneck modified a DeLorean, put metal plates all over it, moved the wheels up front, and stuck a rocket on the back, like some kind of Homemade Humvee Lowrider of Doom.

The clunky tank is weak for Year One. Batman just used a tricked out car for getting places fast. I was hoping they would have ditched the penis car and they did. Unfortunately they jumped about 20 years into the Bat future and snagged the one vehichle that Batman would not consider using when first starting out.

I was hoping they would have used the new Mustang and trick it out for Batman. That would have at least resembled the car that was used in the comics during the late 60's and early 70's.

I guess a tricked-out car would make a hell of a lot more sense for Batman. I mean, he'd be able to actually blend in while driving, and he could park it in normal places (assuming that it didn't look too outlandish) without worrying.

Driving around that tank, he'd have to spend half his time just looking for safe, secret places to hide the fucking thing.

Looking for a safe place? Hell, he could MAKE a safe place with that thing.

Guest El Satanico

bah to a tricked out normal car, that's too much like James Bond. However, If he was going to use a normal car, I'd expect him to use something better than a Mustang. A European supercar, a Ford GT or a Viper, is more on Batman's level.

If you really think about it, this jagged edged car from hell fits Batman better than something sleek and sexy. Batman is a haunted and tormented soul that has some deep mental issues. This isn't a guy who's all there mentally and this "Batmobile" expresses that. Sleek and sexy fits Bruce Wayne, the spoiled playboy heir.

I'm not feeling the new Batmobile either. Clunky, too big, and doesn't resemble a bat in the least. They should've just gone with a more primitive version of the car in the first Burton film.

On the other hand, if I were a crook on the run, you'd better believe I'd be shitting my pants with that thing chasing after me. I guess Bruce has to make some first impression on thugs, and that huge thing ought to do the trick.

But it still sucks.

that thing is ass ugly. it's way too...busy-looking, with the enormous tires and the rocket engine and the thousands of jutting angles, and the sense of proportion is just goofy. they really should've tried to strike some kind of balance between making it "plausible" and making it pleasing to the eye.