TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Vitamin X

Simon Cowell blasts Beyonce...

Guest pinnacleofallthingsmanly

I think she's good looking but I know alot of girls who could look just as good if they were made up a lot and professionally photographed. I think she's a good singer, but I've heard better.

Just out of curiousity, what has Simon Cowell done that should make him a judge on good talent?

When he finally shows us someone with talent on his resume, then maybe I'll listen to what he says. For now, he's just a message board poster.

All I know is, Beyonce sang a damn good national anthem at the Super Bowl that got overshadowed by a nipple while Ashlee crackled her banshee voice at the College Football title game.

Advantage: Beyonce Knowles.

Just out of curiousity, what has Simon Cowell done that should make him a judge on good talent?

According to his American Idol bio...

SIMON COWELL

Simon Cowell's music career is now infamous having, over the past 20 years, helped to shape the modern pop music industry. In the last 10 years, Simon, a BMG Records executive, has been making and breaking records. Cowell has achieved sales of over 25 million albums, over 70 top -30 records and 17 No. 1 singles.

Simon became a celebrity in his own right for reducing a string of teenage wannabes to tears while serving as a judge on the UK version of the show, "Pop Idol."

I have about as much respect for the pop industry as a I do the makers of Tidy Bowl.

And if makes you feel that much better, most of his success was over in the UK, with Westlife and 5ive...

Is Beyonce pop?

Seriously, is Beyonce considered pop music?

Cause if not, he has no business saying a thing. The guy may be allowed to "judge" the "talent" involved in pop music, where lip synching is perfectly fine but any other form of music he needs to just keep his mouth quiet.

Simon Cowell is an insult to the the entire country of England.

eh, her solo album I would call pop...hell maybe even Destiny's Child...I don't think there really are any TRUE R&B singers/groups anymore these days...and if there is they get little to no airplay...

Guest netslob
So nothing.

Gotcha.

I have about as much respect for the pop industry as a I do the makers of Tidy Bowl.

hey, Tidy Bowl really works!

it deserves better then being compared to the friggin' pop industry.

Guest netslob
dude...i got tricked into purchasing that album...i think that is the only album I have actually thrown in the garbage rather than try to pawn it off somewhere...

i did the same thing with Limp Bizcut's 3 Dollar Bill Y'all.

I took offense to the automatic assumption that I liked Orlando Bloom, simply because I'm a chick, and that first made me forget the question

You had a picture of Bloom kissing Depp. I know you like Bloom, that is why I said that.

I cannot possibly be a fan of Bloom, having only viewed one movie of his. And, really, I have no intention to see any others, Wilde being excluded since he had a very minor role.

Besides, his acting in PotC was not that great. He was simply your cliched pretty-boy hero.

To each their own. Beyonce is a incredibly sexy woman, but I can understand why some people who aren't into curves don't like her.

I agree with you Ripper, I find Beyonce incredibly attractive. I like my girls with a bit of meat on the bone, not just bones... To me, Beyonce is hot diggity damn hot!

I can understand as well why some other people wouldn't find her attractive, but I wouldn't consider that racist...

Any thoughts?

Beyonce is HOT! I'm stunned how anyone can think she isn't.

So am I.

Loss > most heterosexuals in this thread

Ditto, and I think her music is shit and try to avoid any and all MTV-pushed pop music.

Kudos to Yuna for at least being brutally honest. But she's got less issues than buffy, who is racist against her own race.

I never really thought as Beyonce as "meaty" though. *shrug*

If I was a gay woman I'd 53xx0r5 Yuna, she's funny as hell a lot of the time, even if for all the wrong reasons.

And HOLY CRAP--Cowell does have an Exec Producer credit on WM: The Album.

Now why would you avoid Mtv pushed pop music? That's great stuff.

Yuna and I would be great friends if she ever got into Harry Potter characters having sex with each other.

Beyonce wins in the looks and vocal ability category, hands down. Ashlee is an odd looking goonie. She looks better with black hair though.

Guest pinnacleofallthingsmanly

Beyonce is a light skinned chick with a really cute face and a nice body. I see plenty of those everyday at work.

Guest FromBeyondTheGrave
Her thighs are huge. If she drops a hollywood legdrop on your neck, your fucking dead.

And to people who think not thinking she's hot is crazyness: The heart wants, what the heart wants.

Sorry, she's not hot. Not cute. Not anything. Her face glows as though he rubbed a glazed ham all over it.

I've never said she was hot. I agree with you, strangely enough.

Beyonce doesn't even fucking sing in televised concerts.

MX, defend that shit.

Calling me a fucking moron.

Even if they're not digitizing her voice in studio (which I just suppose) she CAN'T reproduce that sound live, whether because she can't do it and dance, or just because she's not that talented, she's not a singer.

She IS a DANCER.

Kudos to Yuna for at least being brutally honest.

*shrug* I felt no reason to lie about it. Growing up with such a thing, it tends to become natural. Yet my carpooling partner, whom I'm stuck in the car with for about two hours or so every Tuesday, listens to rap music. Very loudly. Such is irony.

Having listened to a lot of that kind of music, I must say I am still baffled by it. What's the point of a song that is nonsensible and the words, half of which would get bleeped out on tv, not even heard? Though some I could see why they would be liked.. his type of rap used a lot of mixed sounds - not sure if all rap is like this so, to be fair, I only said his type. One, for instance, used a clip from Oliver... 'In this life, one thing counts; in the bank, large amounts'. Of the entire song, that was the only thing I could actually translate and understand. Everything else was simply grungy gibberish.

If I was a gay woman I'd 53xx0r5 Yuna, she's funny as hell a lot of the time, even if for all the wrong reasons.

...Thanks, but I already have a girlfriend ^^

Yuna and I would be great friends if she ever got into Harry Potter characters having sex with each other.

I don't, but I know quite a few art sites that I could direct you to. *shakes head* Ye gods.. that fandom is so fucking popular with the writers and artists, I could find about a hundred or so links within moments.

MX, defend that shit.

I second this. *awaits the defense*

I don't, but I know quite a few art sites that I could direct you to. *shakes head* Ye gods.. that fandom is so fucking popular with the writers and artists, I could find about a hundred or so links within moments.

Oh, I know. That's why it's the onli one I talk about. It's commonality makes it look relatively unremarkable next to my more bizarre ones like... Mortal Kombat, or Spongebob. Once I sober up I'm going to deny this, so let's just preemptively pretend I never said it.

Guest Smues
And HOLY CRAP--Cowell does have an Exec Producer credit on WM: The Album.

The tower of power too sweet to be sour funky like a monkey OOOOOO YEAHHHH.

MX, defend that shit.

Calling me a fucking moron.

Even if they're not digitizing her voice in studio (which I just suppose) she CAN'T reproduce that sound live, whether because she can't do it and dance, or just because she's not that talented, she's not a singer.

She IS a DANCER.

Before I do a long rant(which will be after work) have you ever really seen her live or have you judge it off an epp of 106 and Park? Or better yet, not really seen her live?

If a performer, and I use that term lightly for both Beyonce and Ashlee Simpson cannot perform live and be "legit" meaning no lip-synching etc, then they shouldn't go on tour...period.

If you lip-sync you are a phony..I dont care how much you dance around. Anyone's voice can be made to sound good in a studio, but if you cant hack it out on stage...then find another profession.

As far as looks go...I would take Beyonce in a heartbeat. She has an amazing body, a great ass, and some curves. I like some meat on my women and Ashlee does nothing for me....