TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Mikey2Dope

RVD has knee surgery today

Guest Mikey2Dope

Rob Van Dam is having surgery on his knee today. He is expected to miss six months of action.

Credit: WrestlingObserver.com

Damn, I didn't think it was going to be that long. That really sucks.

I don't like RVD nearly as much as I did a few years ago, but his team with Mysterio was really good in my opinion.

so he'd possibly be ready in time to debut at the ECW PPV?

if anything, please let the company take advantage of this break with a huge push when he returns, six months can rejuvinate someone in the eyes of the audience, he'll seem fresh again and this would be the time to give him a world title program.

he'll seem fresh again and this would be the time to give him a world title program.

uh-oh, there goes any peace and harmony this thread had......*prepares for the assault to begin* :boxing:

In all seriousness, this is actually a good thing for RVD career wise. Look, he hasn't been going anywhere for the past 2 years anyway so it's not like he's in the midst of some career defining push. He's going to be sorely missed on SMDN (he's one of the few guys the crowd actually LIKES without prodding). When he gets back he'll blow the roof off and I think definitely be a contender.

I'd have him come back and feign teaming with Rey again, only to just DESTROY him and turn heel and ignite a feud. From there RVD can go after whoever has the title, provided the Bradshaw disaster has ended.

Best of luck to him. I thought it was going to be one of those surgeries that someone like Rey had back in late '02, but it must be more severe if he's out for that long.

This could be good for his career, if they treat his return as something special.

You know, they could legitimately capitalise on this scenario. His return should garner a huge pop, so run with it. It's not like SD! has anything remotely exciting on the cards for the future anyway, so they might as well make the best of a bad situation.

Have fun in the tag ranks when you return, Rob!

Guest Ransome
In all seriousness, this is actually a good thing for RVD career wise. Look, he hasn't been going anywhere for the past 2 years anyway so it's not like he's in the midst of some career defining push. He's going to be sorely missed on SMDN (he's one of the few guys the crowd actually LIKES without prodding). When he gets back he'll blow the roof off and I think definitely be a contender.

Agreed. RVD went three and a half years without an injury or heel turn, so it's no surprise he's been so stagnant. Ironically, the injury might be the smartest thing to happen to him during his WWE career, given that they might at least be motivated to do something with him once he comes back.

But three and a half years without an injury, is that a record? Seems everybody else in the WWE right now has spent months off tending injuries, despite the 'safe' WWE style.

RVD has always had a combination of good luck and superhuman physiology. He's gotten seriously hurt only two or three times in his entire career, which is pretty rare for a veteran of his age, much less one of his style of wrestling.

I cant remember Jericho being out for any extended time at all since he debuted in the WWE in 1999. But about RVD this could actually be the best thing that can happen to his career at this time. Its obvious that RVD was going nowhere and has been for a damm long time now. If they bring him back and make him a heel his characther would be completely fresh again, and people can fall in love with RVD all over again. Sadly knowing the WWE they will bring him back with a mini-push that lasts all of a month and hes back to where he was before the injury. Remember how being moved to Smackdown was going to do wonders for his career too?

I can't believe RVD goes under the knife *now* instead of during his days in ECW. The guy is the real iron man in wrestling.

It ain't ballet, you know.

I can't believe RVD goes under the knife *now* instead of during his days in ECW. The guy is the real iron man in wrestling.

Hasn't Chris Jericho been even more durable than RVD?

I remember Jarrett complaining about dizzy spells from a concussion, but beside that, I don't think Jarrett has had any injuries.

Flair has been going strong since his shoulder surgery in 99.

he'll seem fresh again and this would be the time to give him a world title program.

uh-oh, there goes any peace and harmony this thread had......*prepares for the assault to begin* :boxing:

I thought of the same thing when I read that, either way I wish Rob good luck and hopefully WWE will realize how productive RVD could be with a World title push.

I think Matt Hardy said that his current injury was the first time he'd been out with injury since debuting with the company. He and Christian were having a competition to see who could last longer (he won, as Xian had that back injury)