TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Karnage

WWE Wrestlemania 21

My friend got it and we played for a while (like 5 hours) and despite all the glitches and slow loading times... note about career mode:

The Evolution beatdown at Summerslam when your guy is US champion is clearly the coolest thing I've ever seen in a wrestling video game. And then Bischoff takes you under his wing after SD gets rid of you. I stopped playing when it was time to face Andre, but right around Summerslam it really is awesome to play.

And Bischoff talking to your guy about Bret Hart had me marking out. "This is the only place he'd agree to meet you." JEEEEEEEEEZ. Vince/Park in Calgary/1999 ring a bell?

I'd pay 10 bucks for the game, 20 at most.

Guest MikeSC

Holy crap, Gamespot was REALLY hard on the game.

And I've heard the patch for online WILL be out soon, so :firing: Gamespot.

No, right on Gamespot.

Screw any company that has to release patches due to their horrid QA. It's horrible when PC game companies do it. A console game company should be raked over the coals.

It's not like the game hasn't been delayed for a long, long while.

-=Mike

Holy crap, Gamespot was REALLY hard on the game.

And I've heard the patch for online WILL be out soon, so :firing: Gamespot.

And in case you were wondering, the possibility of an online patch doesn't seem like it's going to be an option, what with the whole inability to even connect to Xbox Live thing.

-- Gamespot

Guest COMMISSIONERHBK9

Well here is some news that I don't know if you know about it but for those who don't know here is the following:

Dear Valued Customers:

It has come to our attention that, due to a manufacturing error at the disc replication facility, gamers may experience problems utilizing the online feature in WWE WrestleMania® 21.

We are currently working to issue an auto update that will be available for download on Xbox Live as quickly as possible. Please be assured this is a isolated issue and we apologize for the inconvenience.

We appreciate your patience while we work to address this situation.

Regards,

THQ Customer Service

This came from xbox.com. But here is my question it says that a auto update will be available for download on xbl but how would that work? Would we go to the dashboard and it will download or do we try to go through xbl in the game? Or do we have to buy or replace the wrestlemania disc with a new one?

I got it, while I agree that the low scores giving are a bit harsh as it is fun...but I already lost interest after a few hours of playing, I think I'm gonna be taking it back tomorrow and getting Jade Empire.

This came from xbox.com. But here is my question it says that a auto update will be available for download on xbl but how would that work? Would we go to the dashboard and it will download or do we try to go through xbl in the game? Or do we have to buy or replace the wrestlemania disc with a new one?

They should just send everyone who bought a copy a new version, or have anyone who bought one return to the store they got it from in exchange for a new disc with no glitches and online play.

They're the ones who messed it up, they should have to fork out some serious dough to fix the problem. It's their fault.

Guest Coffey

This game is awful. The submission system is apparently none existant. The commentary is bad. The grappling is bad. The character portraits are REALLY bad. Hell, it's just not good. This is the X-Box, not the Nintendo 64. The graphics should be this poor. Did anyone see Bubba's portrait?

Create-A-Wrestler is junk. Can't even get on-line. The roster is poor. I think the highlight of the game is the soundtrack.

I really can't say anything else that hasn't already been said. DO NOT impulse by this game.

Its funny seeing all the people bad mouth the game just because it has a few bugs. The bugs aren't anything at all major. Just it gets a bit slow sometimes, and why are people bitching about maybe downloading a patch? It'll be free, I understand if your upset because you don't have live, but oh well. The game is pretty fun if you can get into it. I've done a lot more of the story mode and I'm getting into it. It might take a bit to get used to, but the game is fun....

This game is awful. The submission system is apparently none existant. The commentary is bad. The grappling is bad. The character portraits are REALLY bad. Hell, it's just not good. This is the X-Box, not the Nintendo 64. The graphics should be this poor. Did anyone see Bubba's portrait?

Create-A-Wrestler is junk. Can't even get on-line. The roster is poor. I think the highlight of the game is the soundtrack.

I really can't say anything else that hasn't already been said. DO NOT impulse by this game.

Submission is there, unlike Raw 2 or other wrestling games, you actually have to work that area of the body to make someone tap out, its not apply a submission move a few times than expect someone to tap.

Raw's commentary is bad, the Smackdown commentary doesn't annoy me.

Grappling, is a bit differant but can easily get used to, imagine No Mercy style grappling with a extra gapple button and extra moves you can do.

CAW is basically shorten until you go further down the game and earn yourself money for the shop, there's a lot of things you can buy to extremely extend the CAW feature.

and apprently Coffey's missed us talking about how the online isn't working at the moment but being fixed.

Honestly, like I said before hand, this game isn't bad, its actually good when you get into it a bit more. The story mode is actually entertaining and I sorta laughed my ass off when I faced Matt Hardy in story mode. Yeah, so it has a few bugs that apprently will be fixed soon enough. Its a good game for Boon's first attempt at a decent wrestling game.

Fuck it. I'm not gonna buy another mediocre wrestling game. I have RAW 2, which just collects dust on my shelf. I'm sure this one would just join it. I have Fire Pro D on Dreamcast anyways, which no one has topped as far as I'm concerned.

Guys, you will NEVER get the perfect licensed wrestling game you're all waiting for. Those of us who were skeptical of WM21 came out looking a little less embarassed.

This isn't NFL/EA. WWE will never pay anything more than peanuts for video game production and isn't interested in making a good game as much as making sure that Edge and Cena look close enough to life that you'll run out and buy it up.

WWE games are nothing more than a quick way to be robbed of your money, and so many of you choose to be robbed every time.

I'll settle for the minor shakedown and just rent this thing.

Apparently the biggest glitch is that you can kick out of the Pedigree.

Expect Vince and Hunter to order a complete recall.

Guest Coffey

Scroby, you can defend the game all you want. You're in denial. It's a piece of trash. I didn't "miss" anything. The game is not good. Smackdown Vs. Raw is better than this game and I thought Smackdown Vs. Raw was a step down from Here Comes the Pain.

Guest DVD Spree
Apparently the biggest glitch is that you can kick out of the Pedigree.

Expect Vince and Hunter to order a complete recall.

:D

Well so far I like it... the bugs are very annoying and I want to play with my IRC pals on XBL, but I enjoy the gameplay and story mode. It's not great but for now I'm ok with it and I think once the online gets going it'll be fun. Also, I've been informed if you call (819) 880-0456 THQ is saying they are aware of the bugs and will be issuing a recall on the game if an online patch can't fix it.

Apparently a post at GameFAQs:

i just got off the phone with THQ QUE manager. We had a good conversation and he told me that the problem is fixed as of now it's the patch that needs to be made which will take a couple of days and since Halo is getting there Monday it may not be until Wednesday till we get ours. He said te better buisness bureau have already contacted them with over 1000 people e-mailing them yesterday. He said they were orderded to have this within two weeks or they will be fined for every copy which was released to the general public. I run a call center in Georgia and have been as displeased as you guys but I know there going to fix it. He said the more e-mails that come doesn't mean anything but if you do e-mail the BBB then it is worth it. He's pissed because he has the game as well. He said there are close to 50 original copys that were burned that do work. They monitored online last night and no more then 40 people signed on. He laughed and said it's kinda like Willy Wonka right now and everyone is looking for the Golden Ticket. He was a really nice guy named Jobe. He said that he heard that the burning device they use to duplicate disks reads off there lazers sensors. Supposedly two sensors were not set correct when the game was made. The re-call may happen if the volume of downloaded patches doesn't reach a large amount as alot of people don't have live. Ok go ahead call me a liar or what you will I just wanted to let you guys know because I'm as pissed as you are. I am at the office so I had time to call and talk. Hope this helps you guys out a bit.

Does this patch fix the fact that you can get tossed off a cage and get right back up?

....You can? :huh:

Any time I've seen anyone get thrown off the cell...they take forever to get back up...unless you go down there manually and pick them up.

Scroby, you can defend the game all you want. You're in denial. It's a piece of trash. I didn't "miss" anything. The game is not good. Smackdown Vs. Raw is better than this game and I thought Smackdown Vs. Raw was a step down from Here Comes the Pain.

How is it a piece of trash? You didn't even give reasons why you didn't like the game, you just said a few things about it but didn't even say why for example, submission's aren't there. Give me a example of how submission's don't work, how the grappling system sucks? You give me some reasons maybe I'll agree and maybe I won't but till the, I guess i'm in "denial".

Well, in short there's a major update via Xbox Live (so if you don't have it youre screwed..) that fixes a lot of problems that people were having.

The major things being, that it fixes Xbox Live, and it fixed the skipping that occured before the replay. And freezing in general is nonexistant. (although of course, it could still do it at anytime probaly)

Online play was slighty to very laggy when I played but it's the first day... hopefully it becomes less lagged in the future. It was fun.

Quick warning if it's not too late: If you are far into your career mode you may wish to hold back on getting patched... in order to install it, your CAWs (and thus your career progress) are deleted.