TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Some Guy

Piper in the Hall of Fame

June 2003...last show in MSG on Smackdown when he jobbed to Eddie in a tag...ironically that was Hogan's last show too.

Well, assuming they didn't get Hogan for the HOF, Piper's probably the next closest bet.

They still need Bruno. Period. I would of fucking flipped if they had announced Sammartino.

Hogan will be there. Jimmy Hart being in is a sure sign, that reeks of Hogan favortism. Looks like they're loading this class up with inductees related to Hogan's career, Jimmy Hart, Piper, Paul Orndorf, Bob Orton, Iron Shiek...hopefully Brother Brutii isn't called...

When they get Hogan in and add Mr. T to the celebrity wing they'll have the enire WM 1 main event inducted (Piper, Orndorff, Orton Jr., Snuka, and Patterson are all in or going this year).

With Piper, Orndorff, and Orton, I don't think there's any doubt that Hogan and Mr. T are guaranteed to enter the HOF this year.

Also, it would fulfill my markish fantasy booking of Hassan issuing an open challenge for WM21, only to have 'Real American' Hulk Hogan come out and beat him in a 5-minute formulaic match, getting one final WM win.

Guest TroughOfMantaur

I marked out. I was just thinking how much it sucked that Piper probably wouldn't get in for a while over the Real Sports debacle. Last years HoF event is one of my favorite WWE DVDs, right up there with the Flair and ECW sets (what can I say, I'm a nostalgia mark) . Looks like I'll be picking up this years DVD as well.

Maybe it's a coincidence but I think it's pretty cool this year's HOF is a tribute to WrestleMania 1

Therefore, my predictions for the final inductees are Ricky Steamboat, Mr. T, and Hulk Hogan

So, which matches make the DVD?

If they make Piper's match the one with Bret from WMVIII, I'll be quite tempted to pick it up.

Who inducts Piper in...

I'm betting Chris Jericho

Muracco feuded with Orndorff in early 86 so maybe he will and Bobby Heenan managed him so it could be him.

Hassan should induct the Sheik.

I'm drawing a blank on Volkoff.

It should be Jericho who inducts Piper, Snuka can hardly put together a coherant sentence.

Guest Ransome

If they make Piper's  match  the one with Bret from WMVIII,  I'll be quite tempted to pick it up.

To save space on the HOF 04 DVD, they 'doubled up' on some of the matches, eg Greg Valentine vs Tito Santana to encompass both their careers. In that vein, they'd probably include the Wrestlemania I main event on the HOF 05 DVD, given that Orndorff, Piper and Orton were involved.

Iron Shiek: his 1983 WWF title win, obviously.

Jimmy Hart: no match, just several clips from his career, a la Heenan.

Nikolai Volkoff: they could go with one of the 70s matches when he headlined against Sammartino, which would be a nice surprise as opposed to one of the predictable Bolsheviks matches.

Roddy Piper: his Starrcade chain match vs Greg Valentine would be great, but I'd imagine they'll pick a WWF match. Gotta be WM 8, his only pinfall loss in the company.

Also, it would fulfill my markish fantasy booking of Hassan issuing an open challenge for WM21, only to have 'Real American' Hulk Hogan come out and beat him in a 5-minute formulaic match, getting one final WM win.

*marks out*

If Hogan is also inducted, this is going to end in Hogan ticking Piper off at the ceremony and them having an "impromptu" battle of the Egos at WM 21 the next night. Id be willing to put down money on that happening provided Hogan is also inducted (which he probably will be..)

Piper could also be used as a means to get Bret Hart inducted as well. Seeing how their cousins and all. But if anything I wouldn't inducte Mr. T, Cindi Lauper would be a better one.

I don't see Hogan and Piper going in the same year. It doesn't amke sense from a business perspective. They want to sell DVDs and Piper is a big enough star to use for this year's. Next year do Hogan, and then Bret, then Savage, etc.... They need one big name per year, blowing your load all at once is stupid.

But JR did say that more names were to come on Raw so who knows, it'll probably be someone lame though.

Roddy Piper: his Starrcade chain match vs Greg Valentine would be great, but I'd imagine they'll pick a WWF match. Gotta be WM 8, his only pinfall loss in the company.

I'd buy the DVD in a heartbeat if they had the dog collar match, unedited and in it's entirety.

I don't see Hogan and Piper going in the same year. It doesn't amke sense from a business perspective. They want to sell DVDs and Piper is a big enough star to use for this year's. Next year do Hogan, and then Bret, then Savage, etc.... They need one big name per year, blowing your load all at once is stupid.

Yeah, but I don't think they can just induct 3/5 of the WM1 main event...that's like inducting Paul Roma and Lex Luger as a tribute to the Four Horsemen.

Guest The Shadow Behind You

If they make Piper's  match  the one with Bret from WMVIII,  I'll be quite tempted to pick it up.

To save space on the HOF 04 DVD, they 'doubled up' on some of the matches, eg Greg Valentine vs Tito Santana to encompass both their careers. In that vein, they'd probably include the Wrestlemania I main event on the HOF 05 DVD, given that Orndorff, Piper and Orton were involved.

Iron Shiek: his 1983 WWF title win, obviously.

Jimmy Hart: no match, just several clips from his career, a la Heenan.

Nikolai Volkoff: they could go with one of the 70s matches when he headlined against Sammartino, which would be a nice surprise as opposed to one of the predictable Bolsheviks matches.

Roddy Piper's match with Bret was great but would they actually use a match he lost? I'd imagine they'd use his match with Adonis @ Mania 3 instead.

Orndorff's only defining match really was against Hogan in the Cage. Even though he jobbed.

If they use Hogan; they better not use Andre again. Wouldn't surprise me.

I'd like to see one of the rarer matches like Stan Hansen match.

If this is Hulk Hogan night; might as well throw in Ted Dibiase who was another one of Hogan's biggest nemesis and Bossman in the same vein.

Who inducts Hogan? Easy. Brooke Hogan or Brutus.

Hart would be inducted by one of the many people he managed. Most likely someone who is on the WWE payroll.

Shiek inducted by Hassan is obvious since I dobut Shiek will get to choose his guy.

Orndorff? Likely a family member like his son or daughter.

Piper? Jericho would be ideal.

Volkoff? Not a clue. likely Sarge.