TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Fökai

Motorhead performing at WM 21

The news comes from the band themselves...

Link to the Motorhead announcement...

The immortal MOTÖRHEAD and mighty CORROSION OF CONFORMITY will hit the road for a North American tour in spring 2005.

MOTÖRHEAD — celebrating its 30th anniversary this year with a third career Grammy Award nomination — makes a triumphant return to these shores after a 2004 fall tour was canceled due to an injury suffered by vocalist/bassist Lemmy. At last, Lemmy, guitarist Philip Campbell and drummer Mikkey Dee are able to perform on this continent to promote their Metal-Is/Sanctuary Records release "Inferno". This remarkable album earned mountains of overwhelmingly positive reviews. In fact, the Associated Press called "Inferno" the best MOTÖRHEAD album ever.

"CORROSION OF CONFORMITY are a fine band as everybody knows. Also, they must be one of the few bands who have been going as long as MOTÖRHEAD! Still, we'll give them a run for their money!" says Lemmy. "Glad to have those boys along."

CORROSION OF CONFORMITY, also known as COC, will give audiences a tantalizing taste of the blistering new Sanctuary Records album, "In The Arms of God", which is scheduled for release on April 5, 2005. Vocalist/guitarist Pepper Keenan, guitarist Woody Weatherman, bass guitarist Mike Dean and special guest drummer Stanton Moore (best known as a member of GALACTIC) have recorded an album of visceral power that's a worthy follow-up to 2000's "America's Volume Dealer". Scheduling conflicts will prevent Moore from touring with the band. Jason Patterson (CRY OF LOVE) will serve as COC's touring drummer.

"Lemmy and MOTÖRHEAD are to heavy metal and our roots what Johnny Cash is to country," says Keenan. "It's an honor and a privilege to deliver volume on the same stage...now up the f%#kin' hammers! Not to mention we've got the baddest skulls in heavy metal!"

MOTÖRHEAD will also be performing at World Wrestling Entertainment's WrestleMania 21 at Staples Center in Los Angeles, CA, on Sunday, April 3.

Confirmed MOTÖRHEAD/CORROSION OF CONFORMITY dates:

Mar. 09 - Sayreville, NJ @ Starland Ballroom

Mar. 11 - Worcester, MA @ Palladium

Mar. 12 - New York, NY @ B.B. King Blues Club

Mar. 15 - Hartford, CT @ Webster Theatre

Mar. 16 - Philadelphia, PA @ Trocadero

Mar. 18 - Cleveland, OH @ Agora

Mar. 19 - Chicago, IL @ House Of Blues

Mar. 20 - Milwaukee, WI @ Rave Ballroom

Mar. 23 - Minneapolis, MN @ First Avenue

Mar. 27 - Denver, CO @ Ogden Theatre

Apr. 02 - Anaheim, CA @ House Of Blues

Apr. 09 - Portland, OR @ Roseland

Apr. 10 - Seattle, WA @ Showbox

Apr. 12 - Spokane, WA @ The Big Easy

More dates will be announced soon.

Discuss.

EDIT: And yes, I'm too lazy to refer to the character map.

Guest Salacious Crumb

Typical WWF. After the way they completely sucked at Wrestlemania 17 of course the WWF would use them again. I guess this also means a 10 minute entrance for Triple H will probably kill a potentially good match in the undercard.

Hopefully Motorhead improves this time and actually remembers half the lyrics to their song.

Guest Loss

What makes you so sure they're going to play for HHH? I think they're going to play for Molly Holly.

Guest Salacious Crumb

In general I hate music acts at Wrestlemania. Just a waste of time and the groups always put on a bad show.

Guest DVD Spree

I loved it when Connecticut Yankee absolutely butchered teh national anthem and pissed off the entire crowd. Kinda kayfabe-cool for DX to have their house band there, though.

Typical WWF. After the way they completely sucked at Wrestlemania 17 of course the WWF would use them again.

I thought they were awesome.

Now Limp Bizkit at Mania XIX - that was just unnecessary.

But at least Taker got to use "Rollin" one final time.

They should have re-united ZZ TOP to sing "Sharp Dressed Man" for when Batista comes out in a suit for a promo.

That is the only band and performance that will make sense to me.

Bradshaw should exit to the "Greatest American Hero" theme song if he retains.

Look at what's happened to me,

I can't believe it myself.

Suddenly I'm up on top of the world,

It should've been somebody else.

Believe it or not,

I'm walking on air.

I never thought I could feel so free-.

Flying away on a wing and a prayer.

Who could it be?

Believe it or not it's just me.

Umm... Last I checked Motorhead was very dated. They are not cool anymore. The 70s and 80s have long since passed. Just because HHH likes them doesn't make them popular, same goes for his love of bodybuilding.

If they're going to get anybody they should get a rapper to come out with Cena.

Fuck the haters, that HHH entrance at Wrestlemania XVII was the first time I ever looked at the guy and said "that's a fuckin' superstar right there." That feeling wouldn't have been there without the live band.

Credit for worst performance at a Wrestlemania goes to Drowning Pool singing, and I quote the announcement, "the story of the main event" or something to that effect.

Guest BrokenWings
Last I checked Motorhead was very dated. They are not cool anymore.

You know, you could make this exact same argument for the WWE in general.

So bringing in another dated substance will improve things?

Guest El Satanico

No, it just means that WWe is so far removed from being considered "cool", that there's no need to bring in a "hip" guest.

Guest cosbywasmurdered
Fuck the haters, that HHH entrance at Wrestlemania XVII was the first time I ever looked at the guy and said "that's a fuckin' superstar right there." That feeling wouldn't have been there without the live band.

Yeah I have to agree. I thought it was fantastic, and not just because Motorhead is a great band.

I can't stand Triple H, at all, but you are a downright fool if you didn't think his entrance with a live Motorhead at WM 17 wasn't damn near the best entrance in a long time if ever. It was awesome. If you want to argue that it took to long and upstaged other talent, including the opponent, then you can, and you probably have a very good point, but if you single the entrance out on it's own, it was near perfect.

Guest cosbywasmurdered

and it fit his character with the trying to upstage his opponent. It was mindgames.

Guest FromBeyondTheGrave
What makes you so sure they're going to play for HHH? I think they're going to play for Molly Holly.

Me too.

A tribute to Molly Holly, "Stay Clean" (Keep your virginity) by MotorHead.

I can tell, seen before,

I know the way, I know the law,

Can't believe, can't obey,

Can't agree with all the things I hear you say,

Oh no, don't ask me why,

I can't go on with all these filthy white lies, Stay Clean.

Don't you know, all the time,

You got yours and you know that I've got mine,

Grab a hold, don't let go,

Don't let them rob you of the only thing you know,

Oh no, no-one else,

Got the right to make you sorry for yourself, Stay Clean.

So you see, the only proof,

Of what you are is in the way you see the truth,

Don't be scared, live to win,

Although they're always gonna tell you it's a sin,

In the end, you're on your own,

And there is no-one that can stop you being alone, Stay Clean.

Typical WWF. After the way they completely sucked at Wrestlemania 17 of course the WWF would use them again

Are you sure you're just not thinking of Mania 18?

Drowning Pool played down Triple H, I believe.

And I also believe it sucked.

Now I'm not a HHH fan at all.... but that entrance at WM 17 was out of this world. The Motorhead music blaring, and HHH standing in this huge stadium with the one spotlight shining on himself and cameras flashing everywhere... it was an awesome shot.

And whoever said Ace of Spades.... your fucking right it needs to be Ace of Spades!

Guest Reservoir_Kitty

...a new Corrosion of Conformity CD!? A show in Milwaukee?! YAY!

Ahem, sorry.

I think it's awesome that Motorhead is playing at WM21. Live music for an entrance is just very showy and 'on a grand scale' like Wrestlemania should be. Plus, Motorhead is freaking awesome and everyone should bow to their undeniable greatness.

At least there's one thing to look forward to for Wrestlemania. ;)