TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Hunter's Torn Quad

Matt Hardy speaks on he and Lita splitting

I don't blame Bret for getting a piece of Sunny's ass.

Julie Hart was a fat, ugly piece of cow shit.

Guest dreamer420

Has anyone suggested that this whole thing could be a work? You never know right? I think Hardy is scheduled to be at Raw tomorrow night. Just an thought.

If it happens to be true maybe we'll get some kind of intense Sullivan/Benoit type fued, if both guys could put their feelings a side and do some business

I'm surprised at the huge reaction over this whole situation. This stuff is commonplace, although the only difference is that it involves a coworker.

I think the huge reaction for all of this stems from the fact that you just don't get nearly as much good dirt on the Internet as you used to. Back in the day, you had multiple companies going toe-to-toe, so there was always the "who's jumping" type of stories. Plus, companies weren't quite as good at stopping leaks and dealing with the Internet.

Now, we have one dominant company, and that company has put a lockdown on dirt leaking for the most part. Thus, when you get a gem like this to slip through the cracks, the public is so starved for info, you get a circus like we have now.

I don't know the specifics of Bret and Julie divorcing, but I've never heard anything about it relating to Sunny. I don't think there has been any credible talk about a Bret-Sunny affair.

Do you think it was over Bret's declining mental state and depression post-Montreal and being misused by WCW?

Plus Julie didn't seem like the nicest person in Wrestling w/ Shadows

It might have been over Montreal. I know in the days and weeks after it, Bret felt very betrayed at what happened.

I thought Julie was probably the sanest person in Wrestling With Shadows.

She stood up for her man.

And I liked how she called Triple H "Hunter."

Here's one though just to humor you

Whether it's his place or not, he's allowing a public figure to be defamed, especially when it hasn't been proven whether it's a certain wrestler. With Edge, unless they capitalize on this angle, this will be lose-lose for the company, especially when it's now public domain for everyone to throw every outlandish insult that they can on Edge and Lita.

How DARE Matt not stand up for Edge after he fucks Matt's girlfriend and ruins his relationship. Why the nerve of him! Matt = bad.

Did anyone prove that Edge was the worker in question? No.

...and I was talking about letting the worker be dragged through the mud on his own message board, but names weren't named on his board. Instead, they used terms like a "male who also deceived Matt", which is why I corrected myself.

Coming on a message board to QUOTE someone is a vital function of discussion, FM. If you're going to accuse me of defending Lita and thrashing Matt, then prove it. Defining the words "every" and "one", in which the terms you described didn't make a lick of sense together, was still a nice touch.

Guest INXS

It wouldn't surprise me if this was a work, anyhow, i've received a sneak preview of Edge's new book...

edgeonlita4ph.jpg

Guest INXS

Of course I didn't make it, i'm far too lazy. I stole it from a post at DVD!

Has anyone suggested that this whole thing could be a work? You never know right? I think Hardy is scheduled to be at Raw tomorrow night. Just an thought.

If it happens to be true maybe we'll get some kind of intense Sullivan/Benoit type fued, if both guys could put their feelings a side and do some business

If it is a work, full credit to the WWE creative for thinking up a storyline people are actually interested in. For once.

Guest Loss

FM, I'm not sure you're understanding the point, which is that regardless of what has happened, having your friends write posts on the Internet about it is not the right way to go about resolving it, especially when everyone involved is a public figure and these are your co-workers. Whether WWE wrestlers like it or not, they are representing the company in everything they do, 24/7. That's part of the job that most of them learn to accept.

There is no reason to suspect that it's a work because Lita isn't even with Matt in storylines, she's married to Kane. If the Kane thing didn't happen and Lita and V1 were together in storylines, then I'd be buying that it's potentially a work. I think this is as real as it gets. Edge, just married for the second time in October, just screwed a woman that's involved with one of his better friends in the business. Now if this could be turned into a storyline... great! I think the real-life tension is probably too heavy however.

I don't know the specifics of Bret and Julie divorcing, but I've never heard anything about it relating to Sunny. I don't think there has been any credible talk about a Bret-Sunny affair.

Do you think it was over Bret's declining mental state and depression post-Montreal and being misused by WCW?

Plus Julie didn't seem like the nicest person in Wrestling w/ Shadows

It might have been over Montreal. I know in the days and weeks after it, Bret felt very betrayed at what happened.

I thought Julie was probably the sanest person in Wrestling With Shadows.

Bret and Julie divorced at some point in 1998, I believe in the mid-to-latter stages of the year. This was well after the "Sunny Days", if it matters.

FM, I'm not sure you're understanding the point, which is that regardless of what has happened, having your friends write posts on the Internet about it is not the right way to go about resolving it, especially when everyone involved is a public figure and these are your co-workers. Whether WWE wrestlers like it or not, they are representing the company in everything they do, 24/7. That's part of the job that most of them learn to accept.

Which is why, I think, it may be more work than shoot.

Matt, the company man that he is, understands the caution that the wrestlers and promotion exercise in seperating the business end from the personal end. The whole situation of Matt being open about his split with Lita, from the "go ask her what happened" comment, to responding to the OMEGA promoter's post, to promising to clear up the situation in question just reeks of a real-life situation that isn't air-tight in its believability.

Going back to the "affair" thread, the facts don't match up. If you insert Edge into the role of the cheating male, why would John Laurinaitis, who stepped in on the situation, be placed in the role of "tattletale" when it comes to a married wrestler and a worker who's involved with another wrestler? He's doing a favor to the company by stepping in on the relationship, but he's the "bad guy" when it comes back to the locker room?

If anything does happen to anyone over it, it'll be hypocritical, because they are not reacting to what was done, but what went public.

Hypocrisy is not a foreign concept to the pro wrestling business. WWE could simply use the catch-all justification that the romantic entanglement "reflects poorly" on the company. Boeing Co. just used that justification to force out its CEO over such a matter.

Guest Loss

Hey, they fired Jamie Noble for admitting on an insurance claim that he had taken steroids, but they aren't about to fire everyone on their roster who uses steroids. Responding only to things that are made public is exactly what WWE does. So no, they wouldn't be hypocritical, they'd be consistent.

Guest Trivia247

My Apologies if this was already posted..

Matt Hardy's website is down due to bandwidth issues, but one of his good friends posted the following on the Xtreme Boards detailing what happened between Matt and Lita.

"Let's first start off by saying that Matt Hardy has given me permission to post this thread concerning the situation between himself and Amy (Lita).

For those who do not know me and even for those who do, I do not make a lot of posts, nor do I like rumors and gossip. I have been very upset by the threads and posts I have read here about the situation at hand. I will tell you what Matt has told me. I will not go into every detail, but you will understand what has happened. First and foremost, I have nothing personally against Amy; she has always been nice and respectful to me.

As we all know, Amy broke her neck and was out for 16 months. During this time Matt being on the road had nothing on his mind but getting home to take care of Amy. Matt has a very large fan base, and I have been to several shows, I have heard what fans says about The Hardys and other wrestlers and what they would like to do to, or with them, but Matt caring only for Amy was very supportive while Amy was at home rehabbing and getting ready to come back to the WWE. Matt never compromised Amy's integrity, but as he stated to me, all he wanted to do was get home to his girl.

The Kane, Matt , Lita and baby saga ended with Matt having to have knee surgery. Matt had his surgery at the end of August 2004. Amy was back with the WWE and things seemed to be going fine. September 2004 Adam Copeland (Edge) was getting married for the second time. Matt, Amy, Jeff, and Beth all attended the wedding. Jeff Hardy told me he remembered sitting at the wedding and seeing Matt and Amy in front of him and he looks back now and can't believe that this has happened to them, as Jeff told me "I thought they would always be together." If you remember December 5th was the night Amy won the Women's Championship from Trish in Charlotte, (Matt's dad and myself attended that show) I remember the bump Amy took when she jumped out of the ring onto Trish and I though she had re-injured her neck again.

On our way home, I called Matt to see if Amy was okay, and he told me that she was real sore and would be okay. I even talked to him the next day to check on her status. Then in January 2005 a rematch for the title, Amy and Trish wrestled again and this is when Amy hurt her knee. Amy was on her way to Birmingham, Alabama to have her knee surgery and Matt was driving to meet with her, concerned and had nothing but Amy on his mind, because she was having the same surgery he had just undergone himself. While in transit to see Amy, Matt received a phone call from Edge's wife wanting to know why Edge and Amy were calling each other several times a day. Matt did not have an answer for that, so he thought something just didn't seem right, so he asked Amy about the calls and asked her if there was anything going on between them, and she told him "No."

WWE wrestlers sometimes ride together. Matt told me that Edge asked if he could ride with Amy and she told him yes. Understand this, that before all this happened, Matt, Amy and Edge were great friends. Edge began having feelings for Amy and started making advances, and soon Amy gave into the advances. Matt also questioned Edge on the situation between him and Amy, and Edge told Matt that there was nothing going on between them. Matt still wasn't sure and had a feeling something was not right, although everything was still great and normal at home. Matt told me that he thought a "higher power" had something to do with the two accidents, the one in Charlotte was a warning for Amy to get her head clear. Matt even thinks the reason she suffered a knee injury in Puerto Rico was to send her home, to let her get her mind back on their relationship. Matt stated, "Karma has a weird way of working."

Around mid-Febuary Matt told me that this is when all hell broke loose over this situation, Matt told me that he had intercepted messages on a phone Amy had been hiding from him, where Edge and Amy had been talking, and it wasn't about wrestling. Matt told me he asked Amy about this again and she told him that there was in fact something going on, but she told Matt that even though she loved him (Matt) she could not stop thinking about Edge. Matt could not take the lies anymore and asked Amy to leave.

So Matt and Amy are in fact not together any longer due to lies, mistrust, and from Amy and Edge having a relationship behind Matt's back. Matt did asked Amy to stop it, but she did not. As far as hearing both sides of the story, Matt doesn't think you are gonna hear from Amy because she doesn't have anything to say.

Matt and Amy had a six year relationship together, she talks of Matt in her book. You could see in Matt's eyes he loves her. Matt has been hurt and betrayed by who he thought was his soulmate and one of his best friends.

Yeah, we tend to get a little out of line when backed into a corner, say some things that hurt, but guess what, Matt Hardy, WWE superstar, is still a human being with feelings and emotions. When your heart is taken out of your chest and thrown in the dirt and then stomped on, you tend to have a bad taste in your mouth about things, but you can be assured of one thing, there is only one version... and that is Matt Hardy."

Shawn and Bret didn't like one another. Bret fucked Candido's wife, not Shawn's. It's a little different. Bret and Shawn had petty beefs with one another that neither were mature enough to address like adults. Edge fucked his friend's girlfriend of 6 years. If I were Vince I don't think I'd want Matt and Edge on the same show because I doubt he likes fist fights in his locker room. Maybe if they let things cool down a little bit then they could do business together but as of now, I don't see it.

Was it 6 years? I thought it was like 2 or 3. Anyways you talked about how Shawn and Bret acted like adults, ummm at the moment I wouldn't compare bret/shawn thing to Edge/Matt. Since Matt is acting like he's in high school, posting not only his/Lita's/ and Edge private life to the public, espically talking with the backstabbling crap. If your gonna handle this like an adult, you don't post something like that on your website/journal for ANYONE to read. Now I understand why he would be depressed/angry but seriously posting that shit for all his fans/groupies to read, to me, is bullshit. I seriously wouldn't be surprised if Hardy might be in trouble for posting other people's private lives for the public to read. I do think its wrong for what Edge and Lita did but I mean seriously, if I was in Matt's shoes, I'd keep the reasoning/details private until someone leaked it and then give as little info as possible.

Guest The Masked Avenger

Personally, I've never seen anything to prove that the "Sunny days" were anything more than Shawn's attempt at damaging Bret.

BTW, wasn't there some guy running around in that other thread about this, claiming he knew for sure that it was about Angle?

-TMA

Guest Loss

Yeah, he's being awfully quiet now. Figures.

And yeah, Sunny actually called Bret's wife immediately to talk things out and make sure she knew nothing was going on, which I thought was a classy move on her part.

I still have that weird image in my head from Wrestling With Shadows of a scantily-clad Sunny playing with one of Bret's kids in an oddly-lit room.

Guest Loss

It's interesting that despite her personal problems, Sunny never had a rep of being callous, full of herself or a bitch. She was interested in learning every aspect of the business, but the drugs did her in ultimately, and it's very sad.

Shawn and Bret didn't like one another.

..and they never resolved it.

Exactly. Neither were mature enough to settle there differences which basically started with Bret not wanting to job to HBK at WM, and then escalated with name calling. Bret called Shawn a homo, Shawn said Bret fucked Sunny, etc...

Bret and Shawn had petty beefs with one another that neither were mature enough to address like adults.  Edge fucked his friend's girlfriend of 6 years.

..and Shawn accused Bret of cheating on his wife. It's not the same situation, but it involves the same type of resolution, which you admitted that Bret and Shawn never came to.

No, it's a pretty disimilar situation. In the Bret/Shawn deal both guys were fanning the flames to a certain degree. I know a bunch of HBK-haters like to pile the whole thing on Shawn but he wasn't the only one and in at least storyline terms Bret started the whole thing with mocking him for his stripper dance, basically calling him queer, saying that Shawn's wrestling style "is enough to make you sick". And it was the on air shit that kept the real life tension going. If I were Shawn, I'd probably be pissed if I'm supposed to be the new top babyface who the girls love and the champion is calling me a faggot and shitting on my wrestling style. In the case of Edge, Matt, and Lita, if this is all true then you have a girlfriend and a male friend screwing over another guy, who at least up to this point has done nothing but be a loyal boyfriend and friend. Matt has every right to feel betrayed and every right to be angry and every right to tell the world about it if he so chooses. I think he'll regret it in the long run, but he does have the right to do it.

I have a feeling that a lot of the people who are saying that Matt is a bitch or that he should have seenit coming or that he should just get over it have never been ina situation where someone who you truely love betrays you. Until you feel that pain, I think comenting on Matt's psyche is probably out of line.

If I were Vince I don't think I'd want Matt and Edge on the same show because I doubt he likes fist fights in his locker room.

You remember an altercation with Bret and Shawn, don't you?

Yes, I do, hence the comments about maturity or lack there of. Bret Hart was like 38 years old and Shawn 32 when they got into there cat fight backstage at Raw in June 97. Jesus Christ, I'm 23 and out grew fist fights like 5 years ago.

Shawn and Bret didn't like one another. Bret fucked Candido's wife, not Shawn's. It's a little different. Bret and Shawn had petty beefs with one another that neither were mature enough to address like adults. Edge fucked his friend's girlfriend of 6 years. If I were Vince I don't think I'd want Matt and Edge on the same show because I doubt he likes fist fights in his locker room. Maybe if they let things cool down a little bit then they could do business together but as of now, I don't see it.

Was it 6 years? I thought it was like 2 or 3. Anyways you talked about how Shawn and Bret acted like adults, ummm at the moment I wouldn't compare bret/shawn thing to Edge/Matt. Since Matt is acting like he's in high school, posting not only his/Lita's/ and Edge private life to the public, espically talking with the backstabbling crap. If your gonna handle this like an adult, you don't post something like that on your website/journal for ANYONE to read. Now I understand why he would be depressed/angry but seriously posting that shit for all his fans/groupies to read, to me, is bullshit. I seriously wouldn't be surprised if Hardy might be in trouble for posting other people's private lives for the public to read. I do think its wrong for what Edge and Lita did but I mean seriously, if I was in Matt's shoes, I'd keep the reasoning/details private until someone leaked it and then give as little info as possible.

From the thing posted by Matt's friend.

Matt and Amy had a six year relationship together, she talks of Matt in her book. You could see in Matt's eyes he loves her. Matt has been hurt and betrayed by who he thought was his soulmate and one of his best friends.

And, again, I said that Shawn and Bret did not act like adults. Did oyu read my post or just quote the part in which I correctly said that there relationship was 6 years to try to prove me wrong?

neither it was more of me talking how the sunny/bret/shawn thing was kept in the back instead of being thrown into the public like Matt just did. I think I did mis-read your post through, sorry haven't really slept all night long, so I'm a tad bit tired.