TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Black Lushus

50 Cent

So I picked this up last night...got it for 8.88 at Nebraska Furniture Mart (only folks in Nebraska and Kansas City will know what this store is)...listened to the whole thing once when I got home...this is a pretty damn decent album, I must say...vocally, if you weren't sold on 50 after his first album, this won't sway you as he hasn't really changed up his style...the thing that makes this album is the production. There are some DAMN fine beats here. Dre and Eminem worked their asses off to cover up what 50 lacks vocally with excellent music...sorry I don't have an actual review to give at the moment, but I recommend picking this one up...so far I'd go 4 stars out of 5, based simply on awesome production, but that could change after another listen or two...

I didn't like it much. I didn't like his first album either, but I'm a big fan of Beg For Mercy. I don't particularly like the other G Unit guys (though I did get Young Buck's last for the cover), so I don't know what the problem is. I suppose he's just better suited for a group.

g44097odbe4.jpg

That's one to own on vinyl right there.

I really liked 50's last album but this one is garbage. Pretty sad when the best song is the bonus track taken from Game's album. 50 is lucky enough to be riding the coat tails of Eminem and Dre because he's a hack.

Guest KOR420

the beg for mercy cd is complete crap,the first 5 songs are good,and then they contradict themselves on the rest of the cd by making songs only ja rule would be proud of

Jadakiss replied to Piggbank today I guess.

http://s119862448.onlinehome.us/jadakissdiss50.wma

Some of the better lines:

"I did real songs with BIG no made up shit

Now I ain't got a problem with clout

You ain't get shot again yet so what you're second album about?

Your raps are pre-school

You made a lot of money

Now be cool

Before I swell up your lips like seafood."

"Your new CD is a weed plate

Buncha love songs

100% pure garbage

Just something to break up buds on

You should just sell clothes and sneakers

Cause out of your whole camp

Your flows the weakest"

I enjoyed the Massacre for what it is, good production with mediocre vocals. My fav. G Unit album was Lloyd Banks last summer, and Game's was pretty good too.

Guest NaturalBornThriller4:20

Jada's reply > Piggy Bank = Fat Joe's reply "F__ 50"

For those that don't know, Fat Joe's reply is out as well.

By the way, 50 Cent is a damn marketing genius. He and The Game punk'd everybody. I knew from the beginning, this was all a hoax.

If 50 is smart, he would make another "In The Club" or "P.I.M.P" because he is going to get his ass handed to him with battle raps. Nas killed Jay and 50 is no Jay. This could be the biggest one sided battle of all time. Yayo and Banks won't be able to save his ass on this one.

Tracks I liked:

Candy Shop

Get It In My Car

Ski Mask Way

Baltimore Love Thing

Ryder Music

Disco Inferno

Just a Lil Bit

Gunz Come Out

Hate It or Love It (G-Unit Remix) - the original version is better though

Guest pinnacleofallthingsmanly
Jada's reply > Piggy Bank = Fat Joe's reply "F__ 50"

For those that don't know, Fat Joe's reply is out as well.

By the way, 50 Cent is a damn marketing genius. He and The Game punk'd everybody. I knew from the beginning, this was all a hoax.

50 Cent is not a marketing genius. He's a VERY VERY sensitive man who's widdle feewings got hurt. He's been jealous of Game getting more attention from Dr Dre recently and has been acting like a bitch.

Someone got SHOT. It's not a hoax.

To be fair, the guy got shot in the ass. Not exactly life threating. Plus he can come out with album now too! It was a career move.

But yeah, this was 50 Cent feeling betrayed because Game wanted no part of the Jada/Joe/Nas beef and mentioned how he looked up to Nas. Plus game was getting all kinds of pub for his album and 50's album was about to come out and he was jealous. Thats all this was. pure bitchory at its finest.

"The Massacre" is good for what it is, a pop rap album. It has good production and the beats are excellent for the most part. It's cruising, car music. It's background music for when you and your friends are riding around town on a weekend or something. You keep it on and enjoy the beats, but you don't really care about what 50 has to say, because he isn't saying anything you haven't heard already on "Get Rich or Die Tryin". The only song on "The Massacre" that is remotely different than GRoDT is "A Baltimore Love Thing". I won't ruin the song for people who haven't heard it yet, but if you've heard it and see where the song is coming from, it's pretty creative from a guy like 50.

50 is not going to kill anyone lyrically, but he's smart about shit. He knows he's the hottest thing on the pop music scene right now, so he throws out "Piggybank" for the TRL heads to listen to. Of course, none of those TRL fans are going to go to a mixtape level to hear Jada or Joe's responses, so 50 wins amongst his biggest demographic, the kids. Jada and Joe's shots are not gonna be heard on radio or MTV. "Piggybank" is a weak dis record. He gives Joe and Nas about 2 bars a piece. That isn't shit. I've read after Nas heard the track, he was probrably not going to respond since the 2 bars on the song were dumb. Jada got about 4 bars, but all the real hip hop fans know Jada is a better MC hands down.

To get off the subject a little, has anyone heard the dis records between Joe Buddens and Game? Pretty nifty stuff. I have heard a bunch of cats coming at Game and this was before his deal with 50 and before "The Documentary" came out. Game has it out now with a shitload of East Coast MC's as well as out West. In the spirit of seeing the Episode 3 trailer last night, it looks like Game has become the apprentice to 50's master.

While Baltimore Love thing was creative, it reeked of a uncreative guy trying to be creative. It just sounded....wrong..

And yeah, Game has had beef with Yukmouth, C-Bo(i think), Joe Buddens, Memphis Bleek for some reason, Domination(well that is all of G-Unit kinda) and I think more.

the thing is, Game gets in beef with unknowns, lower teir guys while 50 just takes shots at popular guys to get a buzz going. Different stragedies, both equally stupid.

Jada's not that great of an MC. Baltimore Love Thing isn't really that creative because that concept's been done before. Jay-Z's done personification, Tupac's done it, Nas has done it and those are just off the top of my head. It's also not as good when you have to EXPLAIN to people what it's about. That takes away from it and makes it look like you're trying too hard.

Jesus, how can anyone like Candy Shop? The lyrics are something a 13-year-old wannabe rapper would create and thing was gold.

Well, its more because of the beat thing. Like In Da Club.

Jada's not that great of an MC

Are you kidding? I mean he may not be one of the best ever but I'd say he's definitely one of the better MCs around currently.

I beg to differ. They say he's never put out a hit song with just him on it for a reason.

There isn't anything marketable about Jada so he can't sell and niether can the Lox. Lyrically and style wise, dude is a great MC, but he will never move records.

and that "eh-HEYYYYYYYYY!!!!!" thing he keeps doing isn't helping...although you do know he is in a song when you hear it.

I beg to differ. They say he's never put out a hit song with just him on it for a reason.

What does a persons sales have to do with their skills? Nelly is shit lyrically but sells by the truckload because it's easy for people to understand and he has good production. Jay-Z even admitted to dumbing himself down to sell more records.

Jada has a good flow and can come up with quality rhymes and world play so while he isn't the greatest, he's a lot better than guys like Bonecrusher and Nelly who may have hits but still suck on the mic the majority of the time.

And Jada got the number one album spot and went platinum even though it took a couple of months, so it's not like his last album bombed and he can't sell for shit.

If 50 is going to go at Jada and Fat Joe for being on a song with Ja Rule, why doesn't he go after Eminem who has recorded songs with both Jada and Joe?

If 50 is going to go at Jada and Fat Joe for being on a song with Ja Rule, why doesn't he go after Eminem who has recorded songs with both Jada and Joe?

Eminem did the songs before they did New York?

Eminem did the songs before they did New York?

Yeah, that was before New York. Although I think the Lean Back Remix and New York (the mixtape version) came out during the late summer.

I am predicting a 50/Em epic feud sometime down the road.
editted for accuracy

Everyone can see it coming now with 50 making his comments about how he doesn't need em or Dre to make a hit anymore and hinting he isn't likeing his cut of the cash.

Bitch, you made 20 million last year, you were a unsigned shot up pussy begging Nas to put you on before this, so shut the fuck up and take your slice of the pie and quit bitching.