TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Hank Kingsley

The Office

Anyone else watching this show? I think it's hilarious, and Steve Carell is awesome.

My favorite quote from tonight's episode:

Michael: "I should've brought some food. Burritos, colored greens..."

Black guy: "Collared greens."

Michael: "That doesn't make sense. We don't call them 'collared people'."

I want to watch it, but it's head-to-head against the 2nd half of House. I thought the pilot last week was pretty funny ('As a doctor, you wouldn't tell your patient that they had cancer') and what I saw of this episode was good, too.

I haven't seen the original version yet, but my brother has the DVDs, so I'll probably watch them eventually.

Tonight's episode was hilarious.

I liked the pilot but it was obvious they didn't really understand how they wanted Carrell to play it and were working out the kinks of translating the show.

So many great lines tonight that I can't quote them all.

"Come on- Holocaust v. slavery!"

"Mr. Brown- if that's his real name."

http://www.myspace.com/theoffice

If you haven't seen the show yet, check that out and watch the episode.

I haven't watched the new episode, but I did catch the pilot. I've never seen a single minute of the original version of this show, but I loved the pilot of the US version. I have yet another show I must now watch weely.

You HAVE to watch the original. The acting by Ricky Gervais as the boss is fantastic, Carell is nowhere near as good. I watched the US pilot and thought it was good but not as good as the original but I will still be watching the rest of the series.

From mediaweek-

In week two news, although it was expected that NBC’s The Office would dip considerably from its protected Thursday 9:30 p.m. debut last week, losing by significant proportions to ABC’s lackluster Rodney (in viewers and adults 18-49) is concerning. Take a look:

Tuesday 9:30 p.m.

The Office (NBC)

Overnights: 5.4/ 8 (#3), Viewers: 5.93 million (#4), A18-49: 2.7/ 6 (#4)

Rodney (ABC)

Overnights: 5.0/ 7 (#4), Viewers: 8.61 million (#3), A18-49: 3.3/ 8 (#3)

Retention for The Office out of lead-in Scrubs (Overnights: #4, 5.3/ 8; Viewers: #4, 6.32 million; A18-49: #4, 3.0/ 7 at 9 p.m.) was, however, respectable at 94 percent in viewers and 90 percent among adults 18-49. Since this was the first week of The Office in its regularly scheduled Tuesday 9:30 p.m. time period, we’ll pass on giving the sitcom a label. But if there is any more erosion next week, it’s off to the loser’s circle.

Guest M. Harry Smilac

Yea it's not as good as the original but it still has its moments.

My favorite part was the exchange of dialogue with the blonde who was suppose to be jamacian and the guy who was suppose to be italian.

Guy:Wanna go to the beach mon?

Girl:No

Guy:Wanna go get high mon?

Girl:No I don't.

Guy:I think you do mon.

Guest MikeSC
You HAVE to watch the original. The acting by Ricky Gervais as the boss is fantastic, Carell is nowhere near as good. I watched the US pilot and thought it was good but not as good as the original but I will still be watching the rest of the series.

I honestly didn't like the first season of the British original. Because of that, I have zero desire to see this.

-=Mike

Yeah, I am going to have to go ahead and disagree on this one. Ricky Gervais acting was great no doubt, but Carell is just as good, and honestly, he got more laughs out of me with jokes that were kinda dead.

I think Carell is awesome (not as good as Gervais, nothing can match Ricky's cocky nervous smile after a joke), my only problem with the U.S version is the guy they cast to play Gareth (Dwain in U.S). He just doesn't seem right, and not just because he's fat. He seems... gayer, and way more confident than Gareth was in the U.K version.

This sounds really picky, but it's the freaking Office so I think we're allowed to hold it to a higher standard.

Not as good as last week, but still funny.

"Ice cream saaaaaaaaaaaandwiches!"

"Drum roll please! Brrrrrrdadaradaraaaaaruuu"

"It's an industrial coal mine elevator."

"Well, once we get down there, is there laser tag or anything to do?"

Tonight was the first time I saw this version, and I thought it was very funny. I had heard so many negative reviews but decided to give it a shot and I liked it.

"This was tough. I suggested we flip a coin. But Angela said she doesn't like to gamble. Of course by saying that she was gambling that I wouldn't smack her."

And holy God. Dwight at the end of the episode. :lol:

Dwight was just as good last week with his health care plan

Yeah, but it couldn't top the laser tag line. Nothing from last week could top the laser tag line.