TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
slabinskia

So how was wrestlemania

Guest Deadbolt

That show was solid entertainment from top to bottom. I'm not going to get into it now, but guys who are saying it's crappy just aren't fans of wrestling, and shouldn't even watch. That show was what pro-wrestling was all about, and if you don't enjoy that, why the hell watch it? Get a different hobby, watch cartoons. If you don't like it, don't fucking watch, that's it...

I think Trish/Christy should be rated even lower. It was bad, very bad. It was a huge mistake putting Christy in there. If ever there was a match where it was obvious that one of the "wrestlers" isn't a wrestler, this is it.

Well said.

Christy's bumping/selling makes Torrie Wilson's look like Ric Flair in comparison. It had some of the most shameless ass/coochie shots I've seen in WWE. And let's face it, that's the only reason it was booked.

Cena's match made me think of old Luger WCW matches, where he'd lay on his ass just selling for most of the match, and make the big comeback for a non-sensical win. Congrats Cena, you just got your ass carried by freakin' Justin Hawk Bradshaw. I still don't like JBL, but I miss him as champ already.

Taker beating Orton--yes! Wrestling wasn't very interesting, but booked well. We were overdue for a Bob Jr. cast spot. He even sold it for the announcements.

For Batista/HHH the crowd was pretty crappy until the very end. Match itself was kind of poor, but with a good ending and result.

Angle-HBK--awesome. Perhaps overdid the false-endings a little, but I'm not bitching about it.

Rey-Eddy--decent match, but disappointing coming from those two. Looked a little sloppy in places.

Money in the Bank: I wasn't too excited at first, expecting to see the same ol' bumps, but I was impressed. Highlights were Shelton running up the ladder and Benoit selling the arm like it was severed from his body. Now I wonder when Edge's gonna have the title shot.

Bad cameraman--we did not need to see Big Show's t'ain't. :throwup:

I think Trish/Christy should be rated even lower. It was bad, very bad. It was a huge mistake putting Christy in there. If ever there was a match where it was obvious that one of the "wrestlers" isn't a wrestler, this is it.

Well said.

Christy's bumping/selling makes Torrie Wilson's look like Ric Flair in comparison.

But she'll show her breasts, therefore PUSH!

Molly, won't show or dress sexy so we'll job her till she learns her place as a woman in the WWE.

Well said.

Christy's bumping/selling makes Torrie Wilson's look like Ric Flair in comparison.

But she'll show her breasts, therefore PUSH!

Molly, won't show or dress sexy so we'll job her till she learns her place as a woman in the WWE.

Well, that's not the whole story. They think she's "fat", plus since she's the best worker in the division, she sort of has to play the heel so she can control the matches.

Christy obviously put on the worst performance, but honorable mention goes to Tomko for taking the bump over the ropes from the Kane clothesline before being touched.

Guest Coffey
That show was solid entertainment from top to bottom. I'm not going to get into it now, but guys who are saying it's crappy just aren't fans of wrestling, and shouldn't even watch. That show was what pro-wrestling was all about, and if you don't enjoy that, why the hell watch it? Get a different hobby, watch cartoons. If you don't like it, don't fucking watch, that's it...

So, you're a WWE "apologist?" Way to overgeneralize anyone with a differing opinion. I didn't like the show but that doesn't mean I don't like wrestling. WWE isn't the end all be all of the business, contrary to popular belief.

I liked the show a lot and I think you're dead wrong.

What if someone didn't like WMXXI but they like TNA or ROH?

WM XXI was a good show but it's not what pro wrestling is all about

Guest Coffey

^ Exactly.

A decent spotfest, an above average match and some cool new things don't make the show worth fifty bucks or the four hours of time spent watching it.

Guest Salacious Crumb
It was a $50 show. Expectations are raised for $50 shows.

Like I said earlier. I would've given Wrestlemania X-7, knowing how it turned out too, a second look if it had a $50 pricetag on it.

Wrestling is only worth $50 if you're going live and even then I've never spent more than $30 on a wrestling ticket.

Guest TheDon

If you are complaining about the costs for the show you have 2 options. One not to buy the ppv or two get some friends who follow wrestling and divide the costs.

BTW, Shamrock won the match by submission but refused to let go on the ankle lock, thus the title was awarded back to the Rock.

Sorry to take the thread off course.

Guest Coffey
If you are complaining about the costs for the show you have 2 options. One not to buy the ppv or two get some friends who follow wrestling and divide the costs.

Or go to a bar to watch it, wait and buy the DVD, download it, have a friend record it, etc.

Amen!

Guest ManKinnd

One person who liked the show has now determined that anyone who didn't like this show obviously doesn't like wrestling? It's so ludicrous to assume your opinion is the correct one. Even if you're just trying to make an argument, you failed, because you didn't back up at all why this event was what wrestling was all about. Give me solid facts why, which is what you should do with any argument. This is something you can't do with an art, which is give factual statements as to why it's good. It comes down to simply more subjective statements.

It was a $50 show.  Expectations are raised for $50 shows.

I agree. I'm glad I didn't pay full price, because I simply don't feel like it was a Wrestlemania. It seemed like a regular PPV, but with more time wasting filler crap on it. A good PPV, but not worth the extra money.

I thought the set was great. I was also glad to see that Batista effectively headed off most of the usual HHH/Flair chicanery just to help build that "heel on top is FINALLY going down" feeling.

The Angle/Michaels match also had me literally marking out and just being totally drawn into what was going on. Complete eschewing of internet/backstage knowledge brought upon by another super-dramatic Michaels performance and a crowd that was going nuts not for one dude or the other, but just because the match kept getting better and better.

Reading the DVD exclusive Battle Royal Results.

....I never thought I'd see the day that Smackdown pretty much dominates Raw.

I mean, Booker in the battle royal, and Undertaker and Angle winning their matches?

VIVA LA SMACKDOWN!

The set was horrible. Wrestlemania is supposed to be a "big" event, and that set was very "small". It didn't feature anything new or cool and at best it was cheesy. The Bushido 6 set was similar in size, but made much better use of space and theme. They used cherry trees and had a Samurai entrance. It was awesome. It created an atmosphere. The "Wrestlemania goes Hollywood" theme was too broad and didn't create any atmosphere at all. Plus, it contradicted their initial image of lights and bling.

Eh, we'll have to just not agree on this one. I liked it so much (especially the marquee showing the current match) that I even noted to the people I was with at the bar that WWE's art and design departments rarely disappoint. Art's too subjective to get into an argument over it.

Rudo: You didn't like the side marquee thing that had mention of each of the matches/segments going on?

I liked that for some reason. Sorta reminded me of the X-Seven entryway and the one section of MSG that was the WrestleMania X entrance whereas for XX it gave match views.

I did like marquee, but I would have much rather prefered an actual one rather than the video screen. This would be a small touch that would have meant alot. And even then, it didn't match the graphics they were using to build up the show. Infact, the image they were presenting leading up to the show (which was great), was not reflected in the set at all.

Wasting money on a set is pointless! All that is needed is a ramp to the ring and titantron screen. There is no reason to waste $20000000 on a large fist or chair or pointless art. Just give me PYRO and I'll be happy.

How is creating an atmosphere pointless?

Maybe he's remembering the 80s-mid-90s non-sets the WWF had.

YOu know, the miniscule, neon entrance for Raw? The black curtains with the WWF logo over it?

Sometimes I mark for special entryways though. Like WMXX's flooritron.

Infact, the image they were presenting leading up to the show (which was great), was not reflected in the set at all.

I really think they limited themselves too much in the original design. I mean, there was no way they could make the set just about 'lights and bling' AND make it a unique and memorable set.

Also, RRR, that PRIDE Bushido set sounds interesting. Are there any pics of it?

Oh, and for people saying this didn't really feel like Wrestlemania...

The day a WrestleMania will TRULY not feel like a WrestleMania is the day Howard Finkle is no longer announcing.

After all, The Fink is the only man to be on screen for EVERY WrestleMania.

I remember when WWF used to have those silver arches, that would light up.

See Wrestlemania XIV.

And before that, the cardboard cutout entryways.

See Manias XI, XII, and 13.

Though 13 was good cause it gave the cool "Breaking Glass" Austin entrance.

How is creating an atmosphere pointless?

It's wrestling not a 3rd rate off broadway production the Blue Man Group. Just keep it minimal, there is no need for props outside of pryo and the big video screens.