Eddy vs. Rey - ***1/2 Dissapointing

Ladder Match - ****1/2

Orton vs. Taker - ***

Woman's Match - 1/4*

HBK vs. Angle - ****3/4

JBL vs. Cena - *

Don't care about sumo matches

HHH vs. Batista - ***

There are only two things I have wrong with the above list, but it's nothing really.

I didn't think JBL/Cena was horrible, but the ending was just so out of nowhere and seemed odd to me. I didn't like that ending at all.

I think Trish/Christy should be rated even lower. It was bad, very bad. It was a huge mistake putting Christy in there. If ever there was a match where it was obvious that one of the "wrestlers" isn't a wrestler, this is it.

I thought Orton/Taker was a fine match. Not one of the best ever, but a pretty damn good match. Orton looked fine to me also, as he just almost beat Taker. It wasn't just Taker dominating either, Orton got plenty of offense in, and looked strong to me, stronger than he usually looks.

I'll put it this way. Even though I predicted Taker to win, there was more than one time in the match where I seriously thought Taker was going to job.

Also, Rey really hurt his match by fooling with his mask so much. There were a few times in the match where his fucking around with his mask actually led to a botched spot or something else like that. I noticed something was wrong almost as soon as the match started, because he was fooling around with it from the very start, all the way up to the end.

Guest Coffey

Well, HBK/Angle was probably match of the night and I wouldn't give it above ***1/2. Typical Angle match. Works the back the whole match so he can finish with a leg move. HBK, as always, gets decimated, then kips-up and acts like nothing happened.

The rest of the show? Outside of a botched spot here, a cool spot there, was rather forgetable. Not worth owning or rewatching in my eyes.

Hey..

Triple H v. Batista... **3/4 --not horrible, but nothing great... right finish though--

EDIT: Putting Batista over was definately the right move. Batista was over huge, yet again, and definately made Cena look like he was recieving a Nunzio reaction from the fans. (In no way is this workrate compared, because Nunzio rules)

John Cena v. JBL... *3/4 --bad world title match, wrong man went over--

EDIT: Lame match. JBL is god, and Cena stripped us of that. JBL is an awesome worker out of the ring, and was vastly improving in the ring. Too bad no one can really carry Cena to anything watchable lately. The only reason Dupree could, is because they'd wrestled about 400 and 10 times in the span of a month.

Trish v. Christy... 1/2* --short, and inoffensive, right person went over--

EDIT: Short and harmless. But Christy REALLY sucks, and thank god Trish went over. Trish was SMOKING tonight, and got the victory in a short match. Right booking decision here.

Akebono v. Big Show... N/A --not a match, and too short anyway--

EDIT: Probably the grossest match of the night, but it was short. Not very entertaining to Smarts, but really.. nothing much could of been added in its place. Maybe a squash like Masters over Maven, but who really wants that on Wrestlemania. At least this has that "Special Event" feel, although i'll never be watching it again.

Money in the Bank... ****1/2 --AWESOME--

EDIT: Awesome match. Benoit brought the psychology, Benjamin, Christian, Edge, and Jericho brought the rest of the match, and Kane's involvement was just fine. Nothing overtop and stupid, and was used just right. AWESOME match with some GREAT spots. Good pace as well.

Eddie v. Rey... ***3/4 or **** --great match, a little short, not as good as their other match--

EDIT: I couldnt decide whether or not to bump this up to **** territory. In my opinion the match rocked, BUT, it should of been 5 minutes longer (although their Havoc match was only about a minute longer than this)... and Rey should make sure his attire is going to work out without fault before the show. For that reason, that Rey's mask was pissing me off is why I havent decided to give it **** for sure.

Orton v. Undertaker ***1/2 --Orton REALLY Showed that he can go in this match--

EDIT: I REALLY liked this match. Taker held his own, but I really thought this showed that Orton isn't bad in the ring. Orton made this match watchable and fun. He did everything right, and got the best Singles Match out of Taker I've seen in a LONG-LONG time. On par with the WM X-Seven match against Triple H, and this wasn't even NO-DQ. Excellent match, one of Taker's best non gimmick matches.. EVER.

Angle v. HBK -- ****3/4 --nearly perfect, GREAT match--

EDIT: Loved this so much. At first I couldnt decide which I liked better, this or the ladder match. But I was mad that Christian didn't win the ladder match, so this match gets it. I didnt care who won here, and they actually suprised me letting Angle win, after Taker had won. And if the Battle Royal for the DVD is true, I guess that means that Masters or Snitsky is gonna pick up the win=( because theres no way there letting Smackdown go 3-0. Great match, and it was lengthy too.

HBK vs Angle was *********** with Kurt Angle never giving up on the Ankle Lock. Kurt Angle had some sweet spots in the match which featured the Moonsault, Super Angleslam, Angleslam into ringpost, 10 minute Ankle Lock.

I was kind of disappointed with the opening Rey vs Eddy match.

Ladder match had some nice spots in it such as T-Bone off the ladder and Blinger Splash on ladder.

BOB ORTON RAN IN WITH THE CAST!!!!111

No nip slip in the Trish vs Playboy slut match :(

JBL vs Cena was not as bad as I was expecting but the FU is still lame.

HHH did the Rey Mysterio entrance by ascending onto the bandstage during his theme music. Should I be afraid of Batista vs Edge at Summerslam?

I'm forgetting something but you what it does not really matter.

Guest Shadow

Very good show. Nothing was a Classic but it was completely solid the whole way through. Nothing was shitty. Throughly entertaining.

Eddy/Rey was good time 15-18 minutes. Rey NEEDS to never wear that mask again as it kept fucking up all night. Rey Won and it was clean all the way.

MITB was your usual clusterfuck but Shelton and Benoit were the stars. Benjamin hitting a Fliping Plancha, Springboard Double Clothesline, T-Bone off the Top of the ladder on Edge and the Running up the ladder leap to knock someone off was great. Benoit sold a arm injury all night and it played into the end as he took a SICK chairshot from Edge, who took the match.

Hogan saved Eugene from a Hassan Beatdown. hassan ran off. Hogan posed for about 8 minutes. very over.

Orton/Taker will get alot of heat for Undertaker winning but the match was very solid. Orton had good counters. Good sound brawl.

Christy/Trish was short and un-offensive. Christy lost.

Angle/HBK will be debated for awhile, RRR will bitch as he already likely wrote up his bitching before tonight anyways. Very good match with a strong finish. Dead crowd really killed this match. HBK sold the ankle-lock like death for a good 3-5 minutes. They built to the ankle lock as Shawn did a back injury sell until the Kip-Up spot. Angle winning here was somewhat a surprise.

Pipers Pit wasn't too bad but the crowd was dead all night and Austin hardly got them up. CCC interupted austin and piper's insult contest and got a eye-poke/stunner for it. Beer Bath. Piper stunnered.

Sumo Challenge wasn't comedy. It was a Shoot. Very Traditional approach. VERY classy. TBS wore the sumo gear. AKEBONO won after tbs appeared to hold his own.

JBL/Cena was SHORT. Abrupt finish. Cena wins off FU.

Batistia/HHH was pretty good. HHH went color and Batista won very soundly and looked...STRONG.

Top to Bottom a great show.

Eddie/Rey - ** 1/2. I'm not as surprised as most people were about this being not very good, because they never live up to their Havoc match. There was too much pressure on them and no point to their match, so they just went out to do some "fun" stuff and when they lost their pacing, they were fucked. Some nifty spots, but nothing that we really haven't seen from them before.

Ladder Match - I'd give this ****, I really enjoyed it. It was a total showcase for Benjamin, who did 3 really big spots, and Benoit was great in it too... so for someone who was essentially chipping in on the PPV to see this match, it delivered to an extent. It should have gone 10 minutes longer. Kane, Jericho, and Christian served no real purpose other than to catch and bump.

Orton/Taker - To be honest, if you were to do a breakdown of every match, this would come in as the best match of the night. It lacked some energy though, so ***1/2. They did some nice psych and storytelling, Taker bumped like a madman. Did some nice spots at the end there. Could have used some juice. Bob Orton Sr. was fantastic.

Stratus/Hemme - CRAP.

Angle/HBK - It was pretty much exactly what I expected. ****, they did the best they could, but anything over that is ridiculous for a match that had no depth in storytelling. The opening mat stuff was bad, but it picked up after that and Curry and I mark huge for AnkleLock 03. I loved the anklepick spot at the end. Meltzer completely overrated it, but thats nothing new.

Akebono/Show - let us never speak of this match again.

JBL/Cena - Fucking HHH. It went way too short, there was a clear audible called by the ref 2 or 3 minutes before the finish because the crowd wasn't coming around for the match. There was none of the smoke and mirrors that HHH had, JBL and Cena both should have been wearing crimson and instead the match is cut short. JBL held the title for HOW many months and this is how he loses? As a match, I'd say **3/4. I enjoy JBL's style of wrestling, but he got too much offense in which was then no sold at the double clothesline spot where somehow they were both at equal energy. Could have been so much better.

HHH/Batista. Fuck HHH. He got ALL the treatment. He was the only one allowed to gig, he rose from the fucking ground (hmm, and Rey didn't, I wonder why), he had Motorhead play him in, he got the main event billing, he went long and got to use all the stall tactics he usually uses in his matches with crap guys, and he got in way too much offense on Batista. The match was predictable up until the end spot with the pedigree into the pseudo ARC. To the point to where I got to LOTC "So, they gonna do a collar and elbow spot and fight over it" "Yup" "Press Slam spot?" "Yup" "Watch, there's going to be a Suplex spot in 2 minutes (10:32) *Suplex Spot (10:35)* SO DAMN CLOSE!

Overall, as a _show_ it was a thumbs in the middle. Paying $25, it was a thumbs down.

Guest LooneyTune

I pegged it... Nearly ***** for Shawn and Angle despite obviously flaws. It's Wrestlemania though, so everyone should see it at least once. I had it in the neighborhood of ***1/2-****, but wouldn't go any higher.

Anyone want to give the reasoning behind their star ratings? The system is worthless in situations like this, because rarely are they justified by the individual. "Ooo, that was pretty good; uhhhh, ****3/4. Yeah, that seems about right."

Considering this is the most un-excited I have been for a Wrestlemania since WM13, I thought it was great, It meet and surpassed my expectations quite a bit. My expectations were still low but still.

The Highlight of the night, was Benjiman running up the ladder creating a beautiful new ladder match inovation, and of corse the best by far. Hogan coming out and kicking all kinds of ass. I marked out just like it was Wrestlemania X8 all over again! Also since this wasnt a match I hope it leads to one at Backlash so we can have more Hogan!

Guest Shadow

I'm shocked RRR liked the Angle/HBK match after complaining a month ago it would be forumula.

Akebono/Show - let us never speak of this match again.

Alot of stalling with intense staredowns, never really scene a worked sumo match and it was really not that bad if you compare it to the Worlds Most Strongest Men's beach wrestling matches. If this was a "real" sumo match it would of never gone past 2 minutes. At least they got a "real" sumo ref.

Anyone want to give the reasoning behind their star ratings?

Beer, Presidente & Coke, chicken wings, pizza, fast food....

I, for one, was not dissapointed with the Rey-Eddie match. Eddie kept up a deliberate pace in every one of their previous matches. This one was no different. Rey's mask problems did annoy me at the beginning, but that doesn't take away from the fact that it was probably the greatest opening match in Wrestlemania history. Name another ... I dare ya!

JBL-Cena was solid but heatless. The crowd wanted a back and forth brawl and didn't really know what to do when JBl was on the offensive. I liked the match.

HHH-Batista was awesome for the last five or so minutes. Batista was mighty, mighty over in LA.

HBK-Angle was a definite five star match, admit it people. Those who say last year's triple threat was five stars cannot possibly admit to saying this match was any worse. An amazing, amazing match.

Orton-Taker was good. Orton Jr. came out in the cast - anyone who hates on this, just for that simple fact, should turn in their wrestling fan/critic-club card immediately.

Six-man ladder was near five stars as well. Benoit and Benjamin were the highlights of this one. A fun spotfest.

Hogan's beatdown on Hassan...Piper's Pit...JBL/HHH encounter were all great.

In my opinion, this was the 2nd best Wrestlemania of all time in terms of match quality.

Guest TheLastBoyscout
Well, HBK/Angle was probably match of the night and I wouldn't give it above ***1/2. Typical Angle match. Works the back the whole match so he can finish with a leg move. HBK, as always, gets decimated, then kips-up and acts like nothing happened.

The rest of the show? Outside of a botched spot here, a cool spot there, was rather forgetable. Not worth owning or rewatching in my eyes.

What do you do to set up a heel hook ankle lock? You don't need anything to set that up. That works just fine. Just ask a shootfighter. He worked the back for the SUPER FUCKING ANGLE SLAM.

Silly smart marks.

I'd like to back up the statements about the crowd. From the start the fans didn't seem to be into everything as much as I thought they would be.

Guest Shadow
I, for one, was not dissapointed with the Rey-Eddie match. Eddie kept up a deliberate pace in every one of their previous matches. This one was no different. Rey's mask problems did annoy me at the beginning, but that doesn't take away from the fact that it was probably the greatest opening match in Wrestlemania history. Name another ... I dare ya!

Owen Vs Bret.

Not even a arguement.

Guest jumpingbombangel

I'll only discuss what I didn't like to make it shorter and simpler...this WM really had that WM feel to it, but these things didn't "feel" Wrestlemania this year:

- The women's match. I know that WM doesn't have track records of very good women's matches, but The WWE is fooling itself if they think Hemme has a future in this business as a wrestler. She flubbed so many spots that I was glad Jackie Gayda was there this year to see that there really is always someone worse off. Pointless match, but I'm glad to see Trish worked hard as usual.

-The JBL/Cena match was over so quickly that even my die-hard Cena-mark brother had to stop marking to comment on how abruptly the match ended. WTF...did those two WANT us not to give a damn? They did a good job if such is the case.

-The sumo match. Too much fat man ass for my TV to handle.

Other than that, I loved the Piper's Pit segment the best. I know wrestling fans in massive groups aren't known for their high caliber intellect or respectful nature, but the "What" chants (or the people chanting) must die because they are getting on my nerves.

Guest Coffey
Anyone want to give the reasoning behind their star ratings? The system is worthless in situations like this, because rarely are they justified by the individual. "Ooo, that was pretty good; uhhhh, ****3/4. Yeah, that seems about right."

Only match I even bothered to rate was HBK/Angle. I said right around ***1/2. Angle worked the back pretty much the entire match...but it didn't lead to anything. We got an Angle Slam, an Angle Slam in the guard post and an Angle Slam off the top rope...so that he could slap on an Ankle Lock. Hell, HBK even missed his top rope elbow and took a bump on his back. All that back work was for nothing. It didn't play into the finish.

HBK bumped around a lot but then did the "classic comeback" bullshit to "no sell" it all. I know it's HBK and he does it in every match but that still doesn't make it right.

I didn't like the eight minute headlock in the beginning. It didn't really build to anything. I don't like the idea of HBK out mat wrestling an olympic gold medal winning wrestler. I don't like that it took HBK nearly a fucking hour to tap out. I swear, he must've been in the damn Ankle Lock for five minutes. He couldn't make it to the ropes, he couldn't roll out of it. I guess it was supposed to add drama but I was just begging for the match to end by then.

***1/2 and that's being generous. A few neat, innovative spots and a couple of big bumps. The entrances weren't anything special and the commentary was downright bad. Add in the apathetic crowd, and there you go.

I'm shocked RRR liked the Angle/HBK match after complaining a month ago it would be forumula.

If you go back and actually read what I said, I was pretty spot on. I said Shawn and Angle were perfect for each other, but their match could only reach a certain limit. Both guys can work a crowd, work spots, and work a pace - and they did very well. They started out slow and built it up and ended with big high spots. I just didn't really see a story other than "Kurt tries the anklelock a lot".

Owen Vs Bret.

Not even a arguement.

Oh shit.....okay, second best!

Guest Salacious Crumb

Better openers?

Bret vs. Owen

the Rockers vs. Faces of Fear

Shawn Michaels vs. Tito Santana

I'd like to back up the statements about the crowd. From the start the fans didn't seem to be into everything as much as I thought they would be.

It would of been just as well if there was no crowd, It HAD to be the worst Wrestlemania crowd ever. They also made Smackdown corwds look great.

Guest Shadow

I'll give you the first two but WM8? I thought that was **1/2. What about Jericho/Regal?

Guest Shadow

It would of been just as well if there was no crowd, It HAD to be the worst Wrestlemania crowd ever. They also made Smackdown corwds look great.

Angle/HBK needed a good crowd to truely make it great...

Shelton looked great in WM21 too bad he can't capitalize on it by having a decent promo on Raw tomorrow. I swear if he does the "I'm starvin for some shitcken" then the writers need to be banished to PAX or Hallmark to work on some middle age lesbian mystery drama.

I agree the crowd fucking sucked for this Wrestlemania. They really should stay away places that are always so quiet to anything but Hogan/Austin/Rock.