TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
slabinskia

So how was wrestlemania

I thought the show was pretty solid, nothing on the card was offensivly horrible (well aside from Christy's, *ahem*, wrestling and Big Show's ass cheeks)

I was glad Angle/Michaels went nearly 30 minutes, mad that HHH controlled the middle 10 minutes of the main, Hunter should've only got control due to Batista's over eagerness to kick his ass resulting in a mistake, but Hunter was playing cerebral assasin and the pace was thrown off, but the last 5 were great and the live Hooters crowd I was with exploded for Batista's win (though I wanted him to actually kick out of the Pedigree myself).

I'll probably get the DVD, it was worth the 17 bucks I spent (meal wasn't too bad either).

Guest Salacious Crumb
That also really bugs me that Mysterio couldn't get his regular entrance so Triple H could get all the perks during the show.

What the fuck does HHH's entrance have to do with Rey's?

Anyone else who agree with this anti-HHH B.S. is fuckin mark for their own E-opinions.

Because it's just the further crap you have to deal with HHH on the shows. It's stupid that a guy can't have his regular entrance because Triple H wants it. That's the same crap that has the WWF in the hole it's been in for the last 3 years.

Again; this is going to end up being the stupidest grasp at a Anti-HHH complaint ever.

It really isn't. This is the same kind of BS that's ruined the Hell In A Cell gimmick by Triple H by considering it "his" and being the only one that uses it now.

Guest Shadow

It doesnt matter, after months of saying that HHH wouldn't put Batista over clean and make him look good...he does and so you guys scramble to bitch about something.

Granted, HHH deserves most of the shit he gets but "HE STOLE LITTLE REY'S POP-UP platform! HE IS A EVIL MAN" arguement is very pointless.

After rey used a defective mask; maybe he deserves to lose his pop-up for a night.

Undertaker used a platform too...complain about that as well. be fair.

Ok, i was at WM and I don't know how it came off on TV but I have to step in and defend the crowd here because they were unbelievable. The only time they really weren't making much noise was for the Women's match, Cena-JBL and the first 8 minutes or so of HBK-Angle. Cena-JBL was just a boring piece of shit match with JBL on the offensive most of the time with his incredibly boring offense. HBK-Angle started out the first 7-8 minutes with all headlocks and shit like that, the crowd just wasn't into it, what are they supposed to do, get up and go nuts over a fucking chinlock? The heat at the end of the match was INSANE though.

The crowd was way into everything else... huge Eddie chants all throughout the opener, monstrous pop for Batista winning, monstrous pop for 'Taker, huge cheers for Benjamin in the ladder match and overall just great heat throughout the entire match. Maybe the sound didn't come across as well on TV but the crowd was WAY into it, 10x moreso than the last Wrestlemania 12 in Anaheim.

Guest Salacious Crumb

It's yet to be seen if he put Batista over or not.

How they open Raw tomorrow will speak volumes of what's really going to happen. If they open with Triple H like last year it'll be the same old shit again.

I don't get the hating on the crowd. The crowd seemed very live all night and into most of the matches.

I won't give detailed star ratings since I saw it at the Paramount but Angle v. HBK was amazing. I was going insane for Angle the whole match and when he won I was jumping up and down and screaming and going crazy. That's Wrestlemania!

I also loved Orton v. Taker and the six-way. Great to see Shelton making himself a star.

It's not pointless. It hurts the other wrestlers if they can't use blood in their matches, since blood is a dramatic element. I wondered why Rey didn't shoot up during his entrance, since its his trademark spot. HHH got to use it instead, and it was a very cool lil moment. HHH didnt need a cool moment, though.

Whether Batista went over clean and whether he was "put over" are two very different things. Benoit went over clean last year too, but was never put over by HHH. Of course, HHH doesn't have his HBK feud to fall back on and main event with and they've set Edge up with Batista, so hey, maybe for a few months we'll get someone new on top. Maybe HHH will go over to Smackdown now that his Raw resources have dwindled.

Guest Fook_Theta
Maybe the sound didn't come across as well on TV but the crowd was WAY into it, 10x moreso than the last Wrestlemania 12 in Anaheim.

Unfortunately the way it comes off on tv matters more than the couple thousand fans in the actual arena. Supposely the arena doesn't carry sound well or WWE doesn't know how to mic the crowd well, but the crowd was barely audible. At the end of the day the result is that the biggest event was a wash even though the top faces went over big with a bunch of clean finishes and two excellent matches.

Damn shame.

Guest Shadow

btw, in regards to Piper...

How does CCC look like Alfalfa? Buckwheat? MAYBE. Alfalfa? no.

Maybe the sound didn't come across as well on TV but the crowd was WAY into it, 10x moreso than the last Wrestlemania 12 in Anaheim.

Unfortunately the way it comes off on tv matters more than the couple thousand fans in the actual arena. Supposely the arena doesn't carry sound well or WWE doesn't know how to mic the crowd well, but the crowd was barely audible. At the end of the day the result is that the biggest event was a wash even though the top faces went over big with a bunch of clean finishes and two excellent matches.

Damn shame.

Well unfortunately the LA crowd didn't set up the speakers and all that shit for the WWE, so I don't see why you're blaming them.

It's funny how LA always gets blamed for having "Bad crowds"..at Wrestlemania XX the MSG crowd sucked for most of the PPV, save for the Goldberg-Lesnar match, and that was only to yell insults at them. They were completely dead for the main event except for the last couple of minutes, but of course thats the "mecca of wrestling", so nobody can bash it.

Guest Shadow

No. WMXX though a shitty show had a great crowd. the location has no influence. It's the CROWD.

Tonight's crowd sucked. it always seems "HOT" when you are there but it really wasn't.

WWE usually sets their speakers and mics the same, i can't see them using a lousy mic set up for the biggest show of the year.

WMXX was in no way a shitty show- not in the slightest.

I still don't get the dissing of the crowd- they sounded fine and were alive all night. What are they supposed to go? Go bat shit for everything?

How did Rando say the card was a thumbs in the middle.. Didn't he give 2 matches **** and one ***1/2? That usually makes for a thumbs up, considering the womens match and the sumo match dont really count.

oh and CARLITO IS GOD!

I didn't say shit about shit, but hey, the more people that confuse me and Rudo...the easier it will be when he up and disappears one day and I come by holding a chloroform rag and the notebook he keeps all his ideas in.

...and whistling. definitely whistling.

Guest Shadow

You are biased because you were there and because you loved it. It was a one match card.

Whilist WMXXI, Crowd aside and 2 meaningless short deals and the short wwe title match, had 5 good-great matches.

Guest Shadow
I liked seeing one of the better WCW champions in its dying days just in the crowd with the Hogan family.

I liked Will Sasso trying to steal the attention from Ross/JR.

You are biased because you were there and because you loved it. It was a one match card.

No it wasn't Choken. Christian v. Jericho, Rock-n-Sock v. Evolution, Eddy v. Angle, the main event were all good->great matches. Taker's entrance was awesome, Brock v. Goldberg was funny, the HOF stuff was a nice touch and the show overall was good.

WMXXI was a fine show but I think it pales to WMXX.

The WMXXI video package was horrible. That really pissed me off

Guest Shadow

what was, if any the purpose of the sumo match. It basically killed TBS's "LARGEST MAN" aura.

It was a thumbs down show because it was a $50 show, and I paid (err. owe :) ) half of it and I wouldn't consider that a show where I got my moneys worth. I have countless **** matches on my computer right now, and I got those for "free", so a show would have to have a lot more than 2 **** matches for it to be a thumbs up.

WM XX was not a one match card. Benoit/HHH/Michaels, Eddie/Angle, Jericho/Christian, and Evolution/Rock & Foley were all quality matches at worst and outstanding at best.

WM XXI, I think, was not as good. The world title matches were both worse. The Angle/Michaels match was great and the ladder match was awesome too. Orton/Undertaker was one of the better Undertaker matches, but it wasn't as good as an undercard match as say, the handicap match was last year. Eddie and Rey were extremely underwhelming, seemingly lost on a few occasions -- nothing compared to Christian and Jericho last year. There was less filler in terms of matches this year, but there was more filler in interview segments. More importantly, the crap this year was much worse than the crap last year (sumo and Hemme easily were worse than anything on last year's card other than perhaps the treatment of the cruiserweights).

WM XX had a better crowd from a television standpoint, too, but I think it had more to be excited about (especially in the title matches). WM XXI was not a bad card, but don't say WM XX was a one match card because it certainly wasn't, and compared to WM XXI it was probably the better card with a more emotional, better finish.

Jason

Guest Shadow

When was the last WrestleMania that had a clean show all the way through? Tonight was clean as a baby's bottom.

I want to say WM14.

Guest Shadow

Just noticed no one mentioned this; why did they wait til tonight to add the motorcade for JBL? I loved that.

Guest Salacious Crumb

And Tyson running around the ME plus the Dusty Finish for Rock/Shamrock.

WM XIV, if I remember correctly, had Rock v. Shamrock with a disqualification so Rock kept the title. He got wheeled out on a stretcher clutching the belt and Shamrock attacked him in the aisleway. At least I think it was a DQ, but I remember the finish very well.

Jason

Edit: Got beat to it by 2 people.

Guest Shadow
WM14 had a DQ finish

Actually, Chyna helped HHH win over Owen anyways so that DQ finish doesnt matter...and Shamock already won but the decision was over-turned to a rock victory via DQ.

Edited by Shadow

Guest Salacious Crumb

Didn't Shamrock win the belt but then get DQed after the fact to give the belt right back to Rock?