TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
slabinskia

So how was wrestlemania

I agree the crowd fucking sucked for this Wrestlemania. They really should stay away places that are always so quiet to anything but Hogan/Austin/Rock.

They weren't really all that active for Hogan and Austin even. More so than everyone else, but not the reaction you expect for those two to get.

I, for one, was not dissapointed with the Rey-Eddie match. Eddie kept up a deliberate pace in every one of their previous matches. This one was no different. Rey's mask problems did annoy me at the beginning, but that doesn't take away from the fact that it was probably the greatest opening match in Wrestlemania history. Name another ... I dare ya!

Owen Vs Bret.

Not even a arguement.

A-Fucking-Greed...

But it may be the second best opener, ever.

The only other openers that I througly remember liking were Michaels/Tito, and Michaels/Tatanka....

Most of you left out Piper's Pit, which I thought was one of the best parts...the crowd started the "WHAT" bit, and Piper had a few excellent comebacks for it.

I was watching it in the theater, and was mildly surprised to hear how many of them were cheering for Christian during his entrance and the match itself. I'm glad to know it's more than just me who likes the guy.

Eddy vs Rey was kinda confusing, as it seemed like they were trying to do stuff that just didn't work for some reason.

Orton vs Taker was also pretty good; I expected much worse, and the place livened up a lot when Orton's dad ran out wearing the cast.

The woman's match was about what you'd expect from Christy - nothing special, but she seemed more on the ball than Stacy did when she had matches.

HBK vs. Angle - that was awesome - just awesome. Most people in the theater were rooting for Angle.

JBL vs. Cena - typical Cena match - gets dominated most of the match, then pulls the win out of thin air (aka, the FU). JBL had his own cheering section in the theater, which was kinda funny

Sumo match - quick, to the point (once it got started - waiting for it to start was kinda boring)

HHH vs. Batista - enjoyable. more blood from HHH than I expected; man, that looked like a gusher with it dripping all over the place.

Oh yeah, somewhere in there Hogan did a very long posedown after what started as a discussion about how midgets are awesome.

The first three matches/segements had pretty good heat. As did certain portions of each individual match.

It's quite hard to digest four some odd hours of pro wrestling considered the sport itself is pretty repititious.

Then its agreed then, Wrestlemania should never "Go Hollywood" again.

I, for one, was not dissapointed with the Rey-Eddie match. Eddie kept up a deliberate pace in every one of their previous matches. This one was no different. Rey's mask problems did annoy me at the beginning, but that doesn't take away from the fact that it was probably the greatest opening match in Wrestlemania history. Name another ... I dare ya!

Owen Vs Bret.

Not even a arguement.

Oh shit.....okay, second best!

Guest Shadow

Actually; I enjoyed the trailers and the stage they had tonight. Just replace the crowd.

Anaheim sucked too. NEVER do a California Mania again.

How did Rando say the card was a thumbs in the middle.. Didn't he give 2 matches **** and one ***1/2? That usually makes for a thumbs up, considering the womens match and the sumo match dont really count.

oh and CARLITO IS GOD!

I just got home from Wrestlemania 21.

I guess the 30 man battle royal was on Heat. Did the commentators say what Booker T would get because he won? There were Booker and Regal chants. I think Heidenrich was over.

I liked Eddie/Rey. Eddie was over huge (maybe cause he lies, cheats, and steals,) There was a small 619 chant too.

Money in the Bank- The crowd booed when the staff members were extinguishing the ladders on the stage. That was a good match. It reminded me of all those TLC matches with out the tables.

Eugene came out and then Hassan beat him up. When Hogan came out, I nearly lost my voice and probably the most the crowd did the same. This is a close as I have to come to seeing Hogan wrestle live. The crowd cheered for him for 5 minutes then he left.

Orton vs Undertaker. Undertaker did some cool levatation (riding a platform to the ring,) Match was good. I could not take a picture of the Tombstone Piledriver because a fan 2 rows down decided to raise his arms and celebrate.

Angle vs. HBK. The crowd was 50/50 for each man. The crowd chanted "Let's go Angle" and then "Let's go HBK". There was also a "You screwed Bret!" chant. That was probably the match of the night. I did not expect HBK to lose cleanly in the ring by tapping out.

The women's title match. People around me started getting up and leaving to go the bathroom. The match could have been better but Trish retained.

Piper's Pit. When ever Piper would say something about the What! chants, the crowd would chant What! louder. I did not expect Carlito coming but I expected him to be Stunnered (if that is a word).

Sumo match Read women's match except it was shorter, Big Show's aattire was horrible, and is he cursed. He has not won a single Wrestlemania match in his career. People booed the wrestlers when they went into their corners to get more salt.

JBL vs, Cena. More people paid attention to the fake money and gold stuff falling from the rafters than JBL kissing his belt good bye. Match was short and showed how limited each of their movesets were. JBL was kind of treated like a jobber. I think there a lot of stalling in the match.

The HOF segment was next while they were setting for Motorhead. Hogan was over. *Tune in to Raw to find out if he coming back*

Motorhead has a lot gear.

I figured there would be more brawling in the main event. If they hate each other, should they beat the pulp out of each other. This match was ok.

Batista celebrated for about five minutes then left. The highlights package was shown and Howard Finkel that us for coming. (Why does the WWE have 3 ring announcers?)

I bought a Wrestlemania t-shirt and program and then went home.

Overall, I really liked this show. (I paid $400 for two tickets, I better have liked it.) I want the DVD for WM21. The crowd the was hot and most of matches were good. I don't know how it falls under the Greatest Wrestlemania of Alll Time but it might in the top ten.

But what do I know? I am just a mark.

Guest Shadow

What was with Rey being so botchy, was it all because of the mask? I knew the second i saw it, it would be a problem since it's very loosely stringed. HBK had a weak ass body press, he hardly jumped, im thinking he lost balanced and just did it half-assed.

Is this the first time shawn's gone with the leather pants?

Guest Coffey
What do you do to set up a heel hook ankle lock? You don't need anything to set that up. That works just fine. Just ask a shootfighter. He worked the back for the SUPER FUCKING ANGLE SLAM.

Silly smart marks.

You work the leg? Yeah, let's consult an actual fighter and ask him what these wrestlers with predetermined outcomes and scripted matches should do. That sounds like a plan!

That SUPER FUCKING ANGLE SLAM got a two count and was forgotten.

Silly marks.

How did Rando say the card was a thumbs in the middle.. Didn't he give 2 matches **** and one ***1/2? That usually makes for a thumbs up, considering the womens match and the sumo match dont really count.

oh and CARLITO IS GOD!

Piper eating the apple like SNL's Mr. Peepers was cool.

Liked-

Shelton,Orton,Cena,Batista all looked strong and are the future for certain..

Hogan was money and will always be over at Mania...

CCC had me rolling during the Pit and Piper was great too...really showing how to deal with the crowd...I loved how he dealt with the "What?" chants.."Come on...keep up with me"...classic

The sumo match was different

Trish is the best heel in the company

Benoit beating the hell outta Kane and making me think he might win

Angle/HBK is amazing..how many times did you just sit there saying "I'm watching Angle and HBK"..I'm watching it again and it's still off the charts...

Disliked-

Rey can never again where that mask...

Kane was worthless in that ladder match...

WWE title match had the wrong winner

Whose idea was it to change Batista's trunks?!...he had kickass trunks but now he has his catchphrase on the front and a wierdass looking picture of himself on the back...looks stupid and if something is hot WWE just don't touch it!!!

I'm glad someone else recognizes the coolness of Rockers vs. Barby/Haku. That to me is the perfect sort of opener. Stuff like Bret/Owen isn't ideal opener material since it sets the bar WAY too high out of the gate (never have your best match as an opener). That WM 7 tag match was a real fun, rollicking little match with the right guys winning and getting the crowd stoked for the night. Cam Ams vs. Orton/Muraco from WM 3 is a similar fun opener.

As far as this show goes, I loved the ladder match a lot. Michaels/Angle had me going by the end and the finish was kinda ballsy really. Orton/UT was fairly fun too, with Bob running in with the CAST making it a minor classic, haha. Eddie/Rey was a little odd and disappointing (Rey's mask troubles, lack of Eddie heel turn or cheating) but I think they can do better on a SMDN. The stuff that was crap was indeed crap, like the women's match and the sumo stuff. Why not have Big Show go after Orlando Jordan's US title?

The main events were both fairly bleh stuff, though the Raw match was certainly better. I think most fans were just glad to see this Bradshaw bullshit FINALLY come to an end, but even I was a bit baffled as to him just getting pinned with little fanfare. I figured if Cena was winning he'd have to survive run ins galore from Jordan and the Bashams, and it would have played better if Teddy Long had banned everyone from ringside. As in JBL was a bum against anyone 1 on 1 with no help, that kind of thing.

The Batista/HHH match for the first 10 mins or so was the sort of crap HHH always does, namely dominate with his shitty offense that is like watching paint dry. This match should have been the exact opposite, Batista should have maimed his ass from start to finish with maybe a little bit of HHH offense to keep him respectable. I guess once HHH bladed he got his ass kicked quite a bit though.

Anyway I knew these main events wouldn't be particularly good. The show overall was really good stuff however. Any show where Michaels and HHH BOTH job by definition is a good show.

Guest Shadow
I bought a Wrestlemania t-shirt and program and then went home.

Overall, I really liked this show. (I paid $400 for two tickets, I better have liked it.) I want the DVD for WM21. The crowd the was hot and most of matches were good. I don't know how it falls under the Greatest Wrestlemania of Alll Time but it might in the top ten.

But what do I know? I am just a mark.

Glad you had fun but your crowd blew ass. You weren't hot at all.

maybe worst crowd ever.

TOP 10? Top 5 more like it.

Guest Coffey

Um, any match with better crowd heat, less blown spots, less back acne, a non-rollup finish and a former world heavyweight champion not losing to a cruiserweight should do the trick.

That's without talking about Rey's mask problems or the shitty commentary. That's without mentioning Rey not getting his normal entrance so that Triple H could "arise" later in the show.

Guest Salacious Crumb

That also really bugs me that Mysterio couldn't get his regular entrance so Triple H could get all the perks during the show.

Guest Shadow

So is that what we've done now? Batista comes out STRONG and dominates HHH for the most part and won clean...

So you bitch about HHH getting the platform rising enterance? seriously thats scraping the bottom of the barrel.

Um, any match with better crowd heat, less blown spots, less back acne, a non-rollup finish and a former world heavyweight champion not losing to a cruiserweight should do the trick.

That's without talking about Rey's mask problems or the shitty commentary. That's without mentioning Rey not getting his normal entrance so that Triple H could "arise" later in the show.

... calm down a bit, go watch it again.

And try to enjoy the match for what it was: two great latino wrestlers going at it in L.A. at the biggest event of their careers. Your expectations are blinding you. Remove Halloween Havoc from your memory - they're never going to live up to that.

That also really bugs me that Mysterio couldn't get his regular entrance so Triple H could get all the perks during the show.

What the fuck does HHH's entrance have to do with Rey's?

Anyone else who agree with this anti-HHH B.S. is fuckin mark for their own E-opinions.

Guest Shadow

Considering that Latino crowd was dead, I dont see how where they worked at mattered.

It could have been in Sibera and Mysterio's mask failures and the botches and pointless finish would still be there.

I guess the 30 man battle royal was on Heat. Did the commentators say what Booker T would get because he won? There were Booker and Regal chants. I think Heidenrich was over.

The battle royal reason was not on Heat, it took place during it but was not televised, as it will be on the Wrestlemania DVD (Which means I'll probably be buying it.)

And glad to see that Booker got something at Wrestlemania even if it wasn't a PPV match.

Guest Salacious Crumb

Anyone else who agree with this anti-HHH B.S. is fuckin mark for their own E-opinions.

Because it's just the further crap you have to deal with HHH on the shows. It's stupid that a guy can't have his regular entrance because Triple H wants it. That's the same crap that has the WWF in the hole it's been in for the last 3 years.

Guest Shadow

Because it's just the further crap you have to deal with HHH on the shows. It's stupid that a guy can't have his regular entrance because Triple H wants it. That's the same crap that has the WWF in the hole it's been in for the last 3 years.

Again; this is going to end up being the stupidest grasp at a Anti-HHH complaint ever.

Guest FromBeyondTheGrave

Fuck Dave Batista, and fuck John Cena.

That show needed some Snitsky, some Heidenreich, some Rene Dupree, some Molly Fucking Holly.

The only highlight was Jackie Gayda appearing with her huge fucking titties.