TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
JoeDirt

Has anyone here applied/wanted to work for WWE?

Just wondering if anyone here has ever applied to work there, or even wanted to. I have talked to one guy who was on the creative team for about three months back in early 2004 before, and that's it. Oh, and I know a guy who works on the production team currently as well. But has anyone here ever wanted to work there for a living?

I've had some minor dreams about being a wrestler (not athletic enough and I don't want to use steroids, so I have practically no chance of that), and I've also wanted to be booker, too. But, I know I would a) never get hired as booker and b) would immediately get fired if ever hired because I wouldn't feel like my voice counted enough and I'd let them know their ideas were no good.

Jason

Guest Fook_Theta

Yes.

Until the corporate structure is changed you're only there to go through the emotions, or if you're smart just turn them all off. No use in pushing a boulder up hill.

I used to think that was a dream job but now no way. It sounds like they expect you to be avaliable to work 24/7 basically, constantly travel, don't take kindly to taking any time off for any reason, bury or fire you for ever expressing a divergent opinion. Why would anyone want to go through all that crap?

Oh, I'd definitely book for the WWE if I ever had the chance. It would be great just to have a couple midcard stories used, even if they didn't instantly remake the whole WWE in my image. That's the kind of job that you really wouldn't get bored with, so I wouldn't mind getting called in with no notice. It's not something I'm actually likely to pursue, but if the chance was there, I'd jump at it.

I still would do it. In a second.

I think alot of the "hell" one would go through there would involve trying to book main event stuff. Dealing with the lockerroom leaders and things of that nature. I think that if you went to Steph or whomever your boss would be (as a newbie in the field) and said you wanted to concentrate on finding things for some of the mid and lowcard talent to do.

They were having trouble finding things for EVERYONE to do last summer, and while I would shy away from the Hunters, JBLs, Cenas, and etc...I would try to gravitate more around the Cruisers and maybe some of the mid-card Raw guys (Snitsky needs something new to do, ya know)

Plus...I already have my plan to get Jindrak over huge.

Ive wanted to be a writer for the WWE for quite some time. I would go in there declearing how much I would change everything and how Jericho would get a year long title run after beating Triple H in the main event of a wrestlemania. I would then quickly file into order like the rest and become a yes man to Triple H or Vince, or if possible, both.

Yeah, if it wasn't for the crazy travel I'd give it a serious thought. If you're single and 20-something, it's not a bad option. It's not like you go into creative suddenly doing all this main event stuff. You just work on little stuff, like making promos better, coming up with things for lower card guys, etc. I think that would be way better than thinking up stuff for HHH anyways.

i know, how many times can you say "HHH goes against _____, HHH wins."

Sure, he isn't winning all the time anymore, but he knows where to take his shots.

I have two things i would love to do...

1) Make Hassan the low-card highlight of every show (moreso than now)

2) Make Mark Jindrak more over than any smark could imagine.

Guest FromBeyondTheGrave

I believe Jindrak could get over. I like him. His left hand is worth a million dollars, alone.

but my idea is for him to play total face, and say that everyone in the crowd wants to be JUST LIKE HIM, and so he starts referring to all of them as "Marks" ...

I can just see it now... "YOU ALL ARE A BUNCH OF MARKS, ARENT YOU!" (crowd EXPLODES) "THAT'S WHAT I THOUGHT"

I would totally Shopzone a "100% Mark" t-shirt.

His finisher would, of course, be called "The Mark Out"

Guest Pariah
but my idea is for him to play total face, and say that everyone in the crowd wants to be JUST LIKE HIM, and so he starts referring to all of them as "Marks" ...

I can just see it now... "YOU ALL ARE A BUNCH OF MARKS, ARENT YOU!" (crowd EXPLODES) "THAT'S WHAT I THOUGHT"

I would totally Shopzone a "100% Mark" t-shirt.

His finisher would, of course, be called "The Mark Out"

To push it over the edge he needs a valet called Kay Fabe.

Hell, I would love to be a writer/booker for WWE as I would think many in the IWC would. Honestly, I don't think a smarky type would do too bad at it. I scan messageboards all the time reading peoples ideas about what they think should happen and showing alot of good booking sense. Not that anybody could ever expect to get a job via an MBoard. Still, with all the good ideas floating around you'd think some of the writers, wrestlers, and WWE employees looking for reactions to their product would skimp a few boards and turn it into something. We ARE fans afterall!

Of course head writer would be a dream job. But as one of the lower dudes, you'd have to answer to some idiot like gerwitz or steph.

If i was in charge....i'd hire Jeff Jarrett and push him like mad.

I applied for something there a few weeks ago at wwe-career.com. I thik it was Administrative Assistant, although not living in CT might not put my application at top priority.

You applied to make Shane McMahon's coffee or something.

I'd do it.

Guest Reservoir_Kitty

It's not anything I'd actively try out for or anything, but I'd LOVE to be a commentator.

...I'd be fired after my first show for being too "mean" or "opinionated" and not following the script. It'd be so worth it though.