TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Zetterberg is God

First new Family Guy episode leaked

GI JOE!

It's nice owning land.

Blues Brothers.

Passion 2!

"Peter, we've stolen Mel Gibson's bath towels and Nazi Paraphanelia. We can't steal his movie."

Stewie's look when Brian says upside down...face.

Great episode.

Everybody, I've got bad news. We've been canceled.

Peter, how could they do that?

Unfortunately, there's no just no room on the schedule. We've just gotta accept the fact that FOX has to make room for great shows like Dark Angel, Titus, Undeclared, Action, That 80s Show, Wonderfalls, Fastlane, Andy Richter Controls the Universe, Skin, girls club, Cracking Up, The Pitts, Firefly, Get Real, FreakyLinks, Wanda At Large, Costello, The Lone Gunmen, A Minute With Stan Hooper, Normal, Ohio, Pasadena, Harsh Realm, Keen Eddie, The Street, American Embassy, Cedric The Entertainment, The Tick, Luis, and Greg the Bunny.

Is there no hope?

Well, I suppose if all those shows go down the tubes we might have a shot.

Wow, what an episode to start off with. Thank God this show is back, I've watched the hell out of my DVDs of the previous seasons. It's great to see that they aren't pulling any punches and are still going full speed with the anti-PC comedy.

WWID

The movie parodies were great, and the Punishment Forecast is one of the funniest non sequitors I've ever seen. I could do without the Christian and Republican bashing, but I've learned to accept it as part of what Seth does and laugh it off.

Everybody, I've got bad news. We've been canceled.

Peter, how could they do that?

Unfortunately, there's no just no room on the schedule. We've just gotta accept the fact that FOX has to make room for great shows like Dark Angel, Titus, Undeclared, Action, That 80s Show, Wonderfalls, Fastlane, Andy Richter Controls the Universe, Skin, girls club, Cracking Up, The Pitts, Firefly, Get Real, FreakyLinks, Wanda At Large, Costello, The Lone Gunmen, A Minute With Stan Hooper, Normal, Ohio, Pasadena, Harsh Realm, Keen Eddie, The Street, American Embassy, Cedric The Entertainment, The Tick, Luis, and Greg the Bunny.

I was a bit dissapointed they didn't have Futurama in that list too

Overall, I found the episode to be fucking fantastic and can't wait for the rest of the season.

Good point C-Bacon. I would've thought it would have been prominently mentioned due to it's huge buildup and subsequent flop (don't get me wrong, I liked some of the episodes. Just didn't do very well).

Wow, that was fucking funny.

One or two of the bits fell flat, but hey, that happens some time. So much funny stuff, from Ollie to the deaf guy to the old man returning, to Brian and Stewie as parents, to the look Stewie gives Brian at Tucker's place, to GI JOE~!

Thanks so much for posting this link.

Nah. Compared to all those other shows, Futurama had a good run and got its due. Not to mention both it and Family Guy debuted around the same time and pretty much got the same treatment from Fox, so they probably didn't want to poke fun at it due to some sort of camaraderie. The ones mentioned there just flat out bombed out of the gate and never even got a full season or ran out of whatever steam it had very, very quickly. Futurama isn't even on the same level as those other blunders.

Guest Vitamin X

Why did KingofOldSchool censor Futurama there.

Anyways, great episode. Enjoyed it quite a bit, happy to see all the originals still there (Mila Kunis and Seth for example) and a tip of the hat to everyone that got them resurrected by showin up huge on DVD by showing a bunch of the characters us DVD owners have probably seen a million times by now (the greased up deaf guy, the creepy old man, THE EVIL MONKEY~, Trisha Takanawa, etc.)/

I don't know. They were using spoiler tags, so I did also, since it was in relation to the original spoilers. But then, doing as C-Bacon does... yeah, I'm gonna edit it.

I wasn't going to cheat and watch it but then I decided, hey, I've waited this long, I deserve to watch it now (also I'll be watching the PPV on May 1st). Man that was good. The best gag was GI Joe but the opening was really good too. Funny thing though - lots of minor characters appeared, but none of the supporting neighbour characters did. I look forward to seeing them again soon.

My biggest concern was the show would be cancelled soon after it was brought back, either because Fox didn't like it or it wasn't drawing the ratings they wanted. This press release (from over a week ago, just saw it now) gives me hope the revival will suceed.

" This time around, the Fox network's parent, the News Corp., says ratings are not as big an issue since the company's business model is built around license fees from cable and from sales of new DVDs and merchandise."

Nah. Compared to all those other shows, Futurama had a good run and got its due. Not to mention both it and Family Guy debuted around the same time and pretty much got the same treatment from Fox, so they probably didn't want to poke fun at it due to some sort of camaraderie. The ones mentioned there just flat out bombed out of the gate and never even got a full season or ran out of whatever steam it had very, very quickly. Futurama isn't even on the same level as those other blunders.

I was going to say much the same thing.

Only three or four of those shows even got a second season.

Greg the Bunny.

This had my cracking up the most because of Seth Green.

Stewie's look when Brian says upside down...face.

I think it was so funny because it came out of the blue.

I'm surprised no one mentioned: When Peter was driving the car, looks down and starts reading the comic book. What he was saying about the guy eating the hamburgers was exactly what he was doing. I was rolling on the floor. Then he had to do the same to Louis. Classic.

The creepy old man had me mark out the most because my friends and I always say "CALL ME."

Does anyone know if they have all of the same writers/producers? I was looking at the opening credit names and most of them looked the same, but I wasn't 100% sure.