TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
UseTheSledgehammerUh

The RAW Thread for 05-02-05: Show Comments

Now that Backlash is history, what’s next for RAW’s Superstars?

Y2J fought valiantly and seemed poised to capture his eighth Intercontinental Championship when he locked in the Walls of Jericho on Shelton Benjamin. But the athletic youngster battled through and earned a big win over the Ayatollah of Rock N Rolla. After the match, a disgusted Jericho refused a ringside interview and stormed up the ramp. Where does Jericho go from here, and what will he have to say, if anything, tonight on RAW?

Trish Stratus was weary of the Big Red Monster, Kane, but she didn’t expect to suffer damage at the hands of Viscera. Big Vis crushed Trish with a big splash following his Backlash match, and the Women’s Champion had to be helped by ringside EMTs. What is the condition of the Women’s Champion? Watch RAW for more on this.

Triple H’s fury could not be contained following his defeat at the hands of World Heavyweight Champion Batista. Where does Evolution go from here, and what will The Cerebral Assassin have to say following the result at Backlash?

Tune in tonight (9/8 CT; Spike TV) to feel all the Backlash fallout.

- wwe.com

Eric Bischoff has ordered a Gold Rush Tournament to determine the new #1 Contender.

- wwe.com

Predictions and comments for tonight's show go here.

But don't post them DURING the show because this board will crash or something.

Eric Bischoff has ordered a Gold Rush Tournament to determine the new #1 Contender.

HELL YES. I love tournaments! Though we already Trips is going over all!!!

Gold Rush....Gold Rush...

Maybe it'll be like the San Francisco 49ers Gold Rush type match where 4 boxes are hung in the corners...

HHH vs. Christian

Christian breaks first box...Picture of Stephanie.

Christian breaks second box...Picture of inside a building with a ceiling that looks like glass.

Christian breaks third box...European Title.

Triple H drills him with Pedigree, breaks fourth box, gets contract for title shot.

Is this like the first tournment Raw has ever had sence King of the Ring 2002?

They should just leave the tournments on SmackDown.

Better than those weak battle royals. I was just thinking about when they were going to have a battle royal last summer for the Title but then Vince changed because he didn't t want the possibility of Stevie Richards as champ. LOL

Should be interesting and something new.

Better than those weak battle royals. I was just thinking about when they were going to have a battle royal last summer for the Title but then Vince changed because he didn't t want the possibility of Stevie Richards as champ. LOL

hey, I love battle royal!. but anyways, I perfer that only SD have the tournments to make the brands seem different. SD! has all the tournments while Raw does battle royals.

but it'll be interesting to see how Raw books a tournment. whatever the hell a Gold Rush Tournament is.

hey, I love battle royal!. but anyways, I perfer that only SD have the tournments to make the brands seem different. SD! has all the tournments while Raw does battle royals.

but it'll be interesting to see how Raw books a tournment. whatever the hell a Gold Rush Tournament is.

i think its just a catchy name that they decided to use. And I am pretty sick of these ferakin tourneys or battle royals to name the contender. Can't they, I dont know, have the next challenger attack Batista tonight and announce his intention to challenge?

I love the items you chose to place in the boxes!

European Title...hahaha

Tournaments are a good way to push new talent. Remember King of the Ring. The WWE doesn't.

Those battle royales were ok but Randy Orton would always forget the finish and eliminate himself too early.... :bubbles:

I guess RAW is copying Smackdown creative and HHH wins this tournament.

JBL should have won since the match at Mania was weak and they need a bigger match than that to blowoff off the feud. They should save Angle for Great American Bash, being that he is the American Hero and all.

Besides the Championship Series that they had on Smackdown differed from a normal tournament by just having qualifying matches for the real #1 Contender multi-man match.

Guest LooneyTune

OK, this is now THREE "Tournaments" (or whatever fancy name you want to give them) in a span of 3 months to determine #1 contenders.

It's still better than stupid Battle Royales, when half the time they end with the damn Rumble '94 finish.

I HATE these fucking tournaments where everyone already knows who's going over. The fun of a tournament is not knowing the outcome. This is the same fucking thing they did with Cena-JBL on SD, advertised the PPV match and then booked backwards. ASSHOLES! :angry:

We have NO IDEA who is going over in this tournament.

But we can pretty much guarantee THAT IT IS NOT TRIPLE H.

At wwe.com, it said "due to Triple H losing at Backlash, Raw GM Eric Bischoff will determine the #1 in a Gold Rush Tournament." (paraphrased)

So I'm guessing we get a challenger to take on Batista for the end of May, or middle of June, whenever the ECW PPV is, or shortly after Judgment Day, since Raw has nothing to do. Or do they have a June PPV?

I predict Benjamin could win this, to help further elevate the IC Title.

Guest LooneyTune

If he is in the tournament...

who does Triple H go over in this Tournament? I have my money on Jericho, Benoit, and Benjamin, only because he needs to get to squash Jericho at least once a year, get another win back from Benoit, and make Benjamin look like a joke since he's getting over.

I predict:

Face wins tournament.

Face Vs. Batista in June. Batista loses some heat.

Triple H interferes. Triple H gets heat.

Triple H Vs. Batista at Vengeance. Trips wins belt due to "Batista not being as over and me being hot".

then...

Triple H Vs. The Face he interfered with at SummerSlam.

Triple H wins when Batista rejoins Evolution.

Triple H on Raw: "It was all a GAME by ME, ME, ME, hahahahaha".

Then they try to do Randy Orton/Triple H again and fail.

Then the fans vote in Shawn Michaels to face HHH at Taboo Tuesday in a "shocking development". HHH retans.

I would bet this is an 8 man tournament to crown a challenger for the title around the same time Judgment Day is, likely the title match even to happen the day after Judgment Day perhaps - maybe on the same night the draft happens. HHH winning this is far too predictable and I dont see them having him win a tournament with that next Raw ppv so far away.

Bold prediction: Christian wins the tournament and then gets drafted right before he is to challenge Batista, or is about to challenge him and gets attacked by Cena the night of the draft (when I would bet this title match happens for the winner of the tournament). Since he never got a real title shot, he ends up getting a crack at Cena with a guaranteed title shot over on Smackdown.

*QUESTION*

Who will be the first person out on RAW tonight...

Bischoff?

Triple H?

Batista?

Benjamin?

Rosey & Hurricane?

Much like Mania, HHH comes out and bitches about that he's not finished with Batista, etc, etc.

Since it's RAW, you know who will win the tournoment and become #1 contender is going to be: HHH. Is thie WWE TRYING to lose fan interest? Have I lost that much faith in the company? Yes, I have. I lost most of my faith in the WWE in 2003.

*QUESTION*

Who will be the first person out on RAW tonight...

Bischoff?

Triple H?

Batista?

Benjamin?

Rosey & Hurricane?

Evil~Lita with Kane.

Be interesting if they let the crowd run free tonight and not jack up Edge's music volume and/or keep Lita off of Live TV like recent weeks.

Last night they seemed to be running with it (Lita watching Edge backstage, JR's comments on Edge's situation).

Guest LooneyTune

I'll go against my common sense and say Triple H won't be opening the show... but he'll be ending it on top of someone.

Well, tournaments can be good. I agree they are definitely better than battle royales, which have also been done to death in the last year or so. But a tourney is only as good as how it is booked. If, like everyone is saying, HHH ends up winning anyway, then it is rather pointless. But if someone unexpected like Christian or Jericho were to win, then it could be a good way of presenting a new challenger and getting them over.

But we can pretty much guarantee THAT IT IS NOT TRIPLE H.

At wwe.com, it said "due to Triple H losing at Backlash, Raw GM Eric Bischoff will determine the #1 in a Gold Rush Tournament." (paraphrased)

Why wouldn't HHH be allowed to take part in the tournament? It's bad enough trying to make sense of the WWE's logic, don't go creating new logical gaps for them.....