TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
UseTheSledgehammerUh

The RAW Thread for 05-02-05: Show Comments

Hmmm...so I'm thinking the winner of this tournament gets a shot on RAW, and HHH acts all pissed off and horrible until Batista demands one last match with him at Vengeance in HIAC.

I didn't see HHH losing coming, but I'm starting to think he's actually going to win the title back because of the jobs he's doing.

HHH replaces Benoit due to his "concussion."

Bank on it.

You are 100% correct.

Great finish to Benoit-HHH. Batista taunting HHH was such a dickish move, then he capped it off by pulling back the ropes JUST enough for HHH not to reach.

HHH tapping out = Thumbs up from me.

Guest Shadow

You guys do remember Triple H handed out jobs like candy @ a school playground last spring and nothing changed. It's cute though, watching everyone mark out about this when it's all building to a ultimately meaningless raw title match and when we know ultimately it just leads to Batista/Triple H HIAC at Vengence.

HHH replaces Benoit due to his "concussion."

Bank on it.

Way to ruin my good karma.

At least Benoit won, and I can be happy tonight. If they had any brains, they'd let Christian back in, but no, this is the HHH show.

Guest Shadow

It looks like WWE might be using my Edge and the Draft storyline now.

Which is good. Shows logic for once.

Guest Rrrsh

Batista was more entertaning being at ringside than he has been combined the last 2 months.

This does mean in the grand scheme of things, Benoit's up yet again in meetings against HHH.

It looks like WWE might be using my Edge and the Draft storyline now.

Which is good. Shows logic for once.

Meh, I think they're just teasing it so Edge has a reason to act even more paranoid. I'd bet Christian or Jericho going over before Edge.

Guest wildpegasus

Benoit is so being protected for a future match against the Undertaker.

And Benjamin is ruling it. He's a breath of fresh air in the WWF.

This is probably all leading to HBK vs HHH #19568928.

HBK: This thing between me and HHH as been going on for 25 years now, and I'm this close to finishing it, and once I beat him in that I Quit Match at Summerslam it will be over for good.

You guys do remember Triple H handed out jobs like candy @ a school playground last spring and nothing changed. It's cute though, watching everyone mark out about this when it's all building to a ultimately meaningless raw title match and when we know ultimately it just leads to Batista/Triple H HIAC at Vengence.

So?

I mean wow, talk about the glass being half empty. It's no different then any other superstar being constantly at the top. And it really doesn't make sense for everyone to go 'HHH sucks, he never jobs to anyone' etc. and then when he does...'HHH sucks, because he's jobbing...but he'll probaly when the title'. Like I said, so? he's still jobbing. Anyways, a HHH/Batista rematch, would be the best possibility anyways. HHH/Batista HIAC at Vengeance, pretty much surprasses any other main event match that they can think of right now for Vengeance.

So in big matches over the last two years now, the score reads: Benoit 3, HHH 1.

I have no idea why, but for some reason, as much as HHH has gone out of his way to bury Jericho over the years, he's done the exact opposite for Benoit. Sure, he beat him back in March, but that was such an overbooked clusterfrick, you can't even take it seriously.

Guest LooneyTune

HBK: This thing between me and HHH as been going on for 25 years now, and I'm this close to finishing it, and once I beat him in that I Quit Match at Summerslam it will be over for good.

They've been feuding since 9th grade?

Its a parody of the fact that they were building up HHH vs. Shawn as ten years in the making when it was maybe 5 or 6, with about four of them not even having Shawn wrestling.

Benoit vs. Batista would be a good main event. We saw a little bit of this last summer in a match where Batista got himself disqualified after beating the tar out of Chris (I think just before Vengeance).

Pretty decent RAW. HBK-Benjamin was a bit sloppy, but stiff and fun to watch and HHH-Benoit was solid (with an ending that needed to happen) although Edge-Jericho was a snoozer. You can't have a guy say who hasn't won an important match in a long while say he's hungry for his first title shot in three years, have him job 20 minutes later, and expect me to care about him any more than I did before.

Guest Shadow
So in big matches over the last two years now, the score reads: Benoit 3, HHH 1.

I have no idea why, but for some reason, as much as HHH has gone out of his way to bury Jericho over the years, he's done the exact opposite for Benoit. Sure, he beat him back in March, but that was such an overbooked clusterfrick, you can't even take it seriously.

WMXX-Benoit

Backlash-Benoit

Vengence-Benoit

Iron Man-Benoit

March Raw-Triple H

May Raw-Benoit.

That's 5-1. That is decisive. (I think we can count the Triple Threats in terms of going over Trips)

and even if you count back to 2000, Benoit's still up on Triple H.

Those stud muffins were pining over the JV head cheerleader.

Pfft---you forgot about their classic 40-minute Steel Crib Match at Madison Square Daycare.

Scotty H. Keith gave it 5 crayon scribbles.

Guest LooneyTune

Its a parody of the fact that they were building up HHH vs. Shawn as ten years in the making when it was maybe 5 or 6, with about four of them not even having Shawn wrestling.

I know, I was just going along with it. ;)

Those stud muffins were pining over the JV head cheerleader.

Pfft---you forgot about their classic 40-minute Steel Crib Match at Madison Square Daycare.

Scotty H. Keith gave it 5 crayon scribbles.

Oh please, that was an overbooked mess. Did we really need HHH using rattlers in a steel crib match?

Their I Cry match on the blacktop in second grade blows it away.