TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
UseTheSledgehammerUh

The RAW Thread for 05-02-05: Show Comments

I'm starting to think someone else besides Trips will win this tournament. Don't get to happy as that might be Batista's only title defense against another competitor before facing Triple H in HIS match for the title at Vengence in the HIAC. Yeah, so, I think someone like Benoit will win to make Batista look really strong. HHH regains the title at the ppv. Silly me thinking Batista would at least get a reign until SummerSlam.

I love myself :lol: :lol: :lol:

Seriously, it's all good if we are going to get more RAW broadcasts like tonight. It's true at least HHH is jobbing to make things more interesting. I'm not one of Jericho's biggest supporters like others on the net, but could the guy be buried anymore? I mean he talks all this crap about not being in a world title match in 3 YEARS and he still loses and CLEAN. They made the guy a joke. He loses the ladder match for the contract at Mania. He jobs in the I-C title match on ppv sunday and he jobs again tonight. I guess he's on job duty til his contract runs out.

That was nice to put in the Candido graphic though I found the placement of it odd.

I don't see the problem (at this time) with Jericho's booking and it being messed up as a JHawk stated in his recap... yes, he said he'd trade everything in for one more run as world champ and he lost in the 1st round. He also lost to Benjamin last night. He's turning heel, is he not? Pretty much the same way Eddie did.

If he doesn't turn heel then he's been jobbing for no real reason and I'll agree.

2 more weeks and Benjamin will overtake Orton's IC title reign's legnth. Go Shelton!

Well, I thought for sure Trip was taking it, but I guess they plan on going with the give Batista a good match route. Normally that would be Benoit, but I wouldn't be surprised to see them give it to Shawn instead. It doesn't really matter either way, since who ever wins is going down in the end. I can't imagine Kane or Edge winning it.

Guest Shadow

I would guess they are going with another Edge/Benoit match or maybe another Benoit/Shawn match.

Would they do another Edge/Benoit match after last night's "blow-off"?.

Benoit/Batista would be more appealing for me then Shawn/Batista even though shawn bumps great for guys like Batista.

Seriously, you couldnt have slapped the shock off my face to see HHH tap tonight. I thought without a shadow of a doubt he would win the tournament. My 2 pics to win the tourney are Benoit or HBK. Batista has improved considerably since his last TV match with HBK which I believe was Armageddon 2003. We all know HBK can carry a broomstick to ***. Dave always has good matches against Benoit, so I'm hoping if Benoit wins, they get at least 20 minutes. This tourney will be very interesting.

Guest panthermatt7
They've been feuding since 9th grade?

Those stud muffins were pining over the JV head cheerleader.

Pfft---you forgot about their classic 40-minute Steel Crib Match at Madison Square Daycare.

Scotty H. Keith gave it 5 crayon scribbles.

Oh please, that was an overbooked mess. Did we really need HHH using rattlers in a steel crib match?

Their I Cry match on the blacktop in second grade blows it away.

You're forgetting about the fourth grade No-DQ Playground match. Shawn's elbowdrop off of the jungle gym, HHH using his patented choking with the tetherball rope... MOTY candidate.

Guest LooneyTune
We all know HBK can carry a broomstick to ***.

Thank you for making me puke. :throwup:

I don't think HBK carried him, if thats what you were implying.

Great match though. And I agree HBK still one hell of a worker.

You guys do remember Triple H handed out jobs like candy @ a school playground last spring and nothing changed. It's cute though, watching everyone mark out about this when it's all building to a ultimately meaningless raw title match and when we know ultimately it just leads to Batista/Triple H HIAC at Vengence.

Yeah it's sort of HHH's vacation :P he takes a few months off, beats on someone else and then comes back to shove it in everybody's face.

Funniest JR Moment: 'If you didn't order Backlash shame on you

Am I the only one who really KNOWS the WWE mentality? I can't help but think Kane will take this thing, mainly because they always give him his lame one main event push per year and this is about the time for it. Also, they might think having Batista beat a big dude makes him look good somehow.

Raw was a good show tonight. Man, Shelton is just the man right now. What I wouldn't give for him vs. a healthy Van Dam.

To each his own I guess, but I really think HBK vs BIG DAVE would kick ass.

That was nice to put in the Candido graphic though I found the placement of it odd.

I don't see the problem (at this time) with Jericho's booking and it being messed up as a JHawk stated in his recap... yes, he said he'd trade everything in for one more run as world champ and he lost in the 1st round. He also lost to Benjamin last night. He's turning heel, is he not? Pretty much the same way Eddie did.

If he doesn't turn heel then he's been jobbing for no real reason and I'll agree.

2 more weeks and Benjamin will overtake Orton's IC title reign's legnth. Go Shelton!

I thought Orton kept the title until mid-July.

You guys do remember Triple H handed out jobs like candy @ a school playground last spring and nothing changed. It's cute though, watching everyone mark out about this when it's all building to a ultimately meaningless raw title match and when we know ultimately it just leads to Batista/Triple H HIAC at Vengence.

Yeah it's sort of HHH's vacation :P he takes a few months off, beats on someone else and then comes back to shove it in everybody's face.

Funniest JR Moment: 'If you didn't order Backlash shame on you

And I missed that also.

:(

Guest Shadow

December 12th 2003 to July 25th was Orton's Reign...

October 17th(or 24th, not sure) to May 2nd is Shelton's current reign...

Benjamin's got a little more time before getting at Orton's reign

Am I the only one who really KNOWS the WWE mentality? I can't help but think Kane will take this thing, mainly because they always give him his lame one main event push per year and this is about the time for it. Also, they might think having Batista beat a big dude makes him look good somehow.

This would normally be true, but they are building to HHH/Batista supposedly for Vengence and a draft lottery is coming up. I can see Benoit or HBK taking it and then facing Batista on television. HBK and Benoit are two of HHH's biggest rivals on RAW in the last couple of years and to have Batista beat them makes the third encounter look like a cake walk for Batista and he ends up jobbing. You know, HHH is not well liked on the net, but if this is what they are doing it is damn good booking that leads to HHH's 11th title win. Of course, Edge could win this thing and then lose his title shot due to the draft lottery. They have made three scenarios that can be taken from this tournament.

Guest LooneyTune

To each his own I guess, but I really think HBK vs BIG DAVE would kick ass.

I know it was 17 months ago, but HBK v. Batista at Armageddon 2003 was a boring mess that exposed Batista as a green monster who couldn't keep up.

And I don't mean Fenway Park's left field wall.

Two things:

1. There was a Candido graphic? I totally missed it since they didn't open the show with it.

2. I'm going to stand by booking Jericho that way being fucked up, only because Edge already has a title shot and guys like Jericho can use the shot more than Edge. If Jericho lost the finals to Benjamin or Benoit, then he could snap because he was *this close* to finally getting that one-on-one shot but lost the match that could have put him there.

There was a Candido graphic in the middle of the show.

And I liked Edge being in the tournament. You're not supposed to like that he's in the tourney, that's the point. Edge is just so awesome right now.

1.  There was a Candido graphic?  I totally missed it since they didn't open the show with it.

yeah right after the Jericho/Shelton segment. I thought it was misplaced too, maybe they couldn't run it in the beginning because of Batista's segment.

Anyone else realize they set up Batista/Christy when Batista is already married? Are they encouraging the sexual harrasment thing?

My thoughts exactly, but "Cute" in a, "awwww, they're sweetly retarded like that kid on Life Goes On," kind of way...

December 12th 2003 to July 25th was Orton's Reign...

October 17th(or 24th, not sure) to May 2nd is Shelton's current reign...

Benjamin's got a little more time before getting at Orton's reign

Benjamin won the IC Title on October 19.

Orton actually lost the IC Title on July 11, holding it for 212 days.

Benjamin's reign (as of May 3) is at 196 days.

Target date: May 20

Guest Rrrsh

You know it, too. I bet it eats you up.

You know it, too. I bet it eats you up.

HBK's a great wrestler but he can't carry anything to ***.

Let's not get stupid here.

Target date:  May 20

Orton won on December 14, so take 2 more days away, so it's 210.

Benjamin is at 193 at the end of April, so he'll tie him on the 17th and would pass him on the 18th. Barring any title changes happening on a house show he's got two more RAWs to go to surpass my least favorite IC Champ ever.

EDIT: I had to fix Orton's stats as the site I went to listed the wrong day that he lost. Sorry.

Guest Rrrsh

Benoit or HBK CANNOT win this if the WWE as any smarts in them. Benoit and HBK(specially HBK in the right Territory) could kill Batista's overness. Batitsa isn't even close to as over as Cena is, and does not always get the best ppo on his own show.

To put over faces vs him is just dumb. Kane is not over at all, so he is fine. Edge also makes real logical sense, as the fans will get behind Batista for having to "Deny the odds" by beating Edge twice.

But Edge or Kane need to win.

Target date:  May 20

Orton won on December 14, so take 2 more days away, so it's 210.

Benjamin is at 193 at the end of April, so he'll tie him on the 17th and would pass him on the 18th. Barring any title changes happening on a house show he's got two more RAWs to go to surpass my least favorite IC Champ ever.

EDIT: I had to fix Orton's stats as the site I went to listed the wrong day that he lost. Sorry.

If he can hold it till July 12, he'll beat Rock's reign.

Guest LooneyTune
He carried Nash to a **** match at an In Your House. That says something.

Because having a great match with your best friend is really hard to do.

Guest LooneyTune
Kane is not over at all.

HA! Maybe when he's got the human heat machine Lita with him, but Kane is consistantly one of the more over people on the RAW Roster. I do know though, that fans mark out whenever Kane and Batista have confrontations in Battle Royales.

If he can hold it till July 12, he'll beat Rock's reign.

He's still got to get into January to break Honky Tonk Man's record though.

If there's any WWWFE record that's still reachable without changing history, it might be that one.