TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Mik

Starburst

It seems like everytime I go to the grocery store, I am suckered into getting some Starburst from the checkout aisle. If they have the fruit and creme, it's a definite purchase. Otherwise, I usually just go with original.

The real question is...is there love from the smartmarks for the greatest checkout aisle product in the grocery store?

And if not, what is the greatest thing to pick up in the checkout aisle? Inquiring minds want to know.

I don't know if Starburst are the best checkout line impulse item available or not, but they are pretty damn good.

Original fruits are where it's at.

MENTOS-fruit

or Skittles

They're called Opal Fruits.

Oh yes, a purist. None of this Starburst malarky thank you very much.

Opal fruits is what Starburst was traditionally known as in the UK up until about '98 I think. I for one always hated the change over in name. Starburst just dosen't sound right.

I like the new Starburst fruit n'cream, with orange cream, raspberry cream, peach cream and strawberry cream. Mmm...

California fruit is pretty good too, especially the melon flavor.

Guest T®ITEC

I lived off the fruit n cream flavoured Starburst during my junior year of high school. They bring back such good memories.

Fuck fruit flavored candy. If I'm going to buy candy, I want some sort of chocolate covered candy bar.

Starburst is an oldschool favorite.

My new impulse buy is the new Take 5 candy bar. Good stuff.

Take 5s are awesome, bought a box of 24 of those for under $7. But after a dozen or so, enough is enough. But my favorite impulse buy is some Extra gum.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

I compulsively eat Wintergreen lifesavers for weeks at a time.

For those Take 5 fans, I wouldnt get attatched to them. My Wal Mart had a huge bin of them selling for $.25 and no one was touching them.

Personally, I dont like them because its trying to throw too much stuff in a candy bar...Chocolate, Peanuts, Peanut Butter, Pretzels and Carmel..If you are going for that much stuff, you might as well go all the way and add nougat, crispies (rice like in a Nestle's crunch bar), candy bits, raisins, and coat it in layers of white and dark chocolate and then a candy shell on the outside. Call it the All in One Bar..or something

I'm addicted to Halls. Even when I'm not sick, I still want one. The new Vitamin C Assorted Citrus are tasty.

That would be a delicious widow maker.

Edited for what I see it as.

Note to self.

1 - Come up with idea for The All in One Bar jokingly

3 - Profit

I think I need to call Nestle.."I've got this wonderful idea for a new candy bar.."

My impulse checkout line item is sadly Star Magazine. If I'm stuck in a long line I inevitably start to read one, then end up buying it.

For candy, I usually cannot pass up on Nerds if they're there.

Guest StylesMark
That would be a delicious widow maker.

Edited for what I see it as.

Note to self.

1 - Come up with idea for The All in One Bar jokingly

3 - Profit

I think I need to call Nestle.."I've got this wonderful idea for a new candy bar.."

Ha!

Phase 1, underpants. Phase two? Phase three, profit!

Fruit n creme's are the BOMB. Take 5's own too.