TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
LaParkaYourCar

Harry Potter Movies

"Not only do many girls admire her most famous character and even see her as a role model, but she has a great many male fans too - according to IMDB, she came tenth in something called "The Hottest Female Stars", although IMDB doesn't say that this is..."

That's rather disturbing.

Trailer for OoP is next week before Happy Feet. I hear it won't be online right away, so I'll be going to see Happy Feet just for the trailer.

Guest Hotbutter Spoontoaster

what. between $5-$10 just for a trailer. go to the dentist already.

Guest Hotbutter Spoontoaster

good for you. hopefully your girl doesnt pop you right in the mouth for wasting all your money. the one with the bug-eyed sunglasses. i bet she could give a mean swipe.

Guest NYankees

I wished the Harry Potter movies came out during Christmas time and not summer time. They seem more like the perfect family movie to see during the holidays and not some blockbuster movie released with everything else in July.

I wished the Harry Potter movies came out during Christmas time and not summer time.

I agree, they definitely seem more like winter films than summer. Maybe it's because the first two came out in November, and when PoA came out in a July, it just didn't feel right at all to me.

EDIT: That and the events in the film tend to take place in fall/winter

If anyone has HBO On Demand, there is a sneak preview of OotP. It is pretty good, with some behind the scene stuff. It's about 4 mins long.

This weekended on Fox Family there is a Potter marathon, Tonight they showed Stone and CoA, tomorrow will be what Mugglenet calls an 'extended version' of PoA. They were also showing clips of Order of the Phoenix tonight; tomorrow they'll be showing clips from Eragon.

Looking back on the first two films, Harris had the look for Dumbledore, but his health just wasn't good enough for the physicality of the later films. He would have needed to be re-cast for Order had he lived, though of course I wish they picked someone other than Gambon.

Yeah me too. He is a fine actor and all, but he just isn't it Dumbledore. Dumbledore is a lot calmer than the way he potrays him.

After listening to the books on audiotapes (I listen to them as I go to asleep/car rides/playing video games) a bunch of times and reading each book atleast twice, I've come to the conclusion that Emma Watson sucks as Hermione. She over acts and just doesn't do the character justice. I find the Hermione character is completley different in the movies from the books. I like her better in the books.

Not really, after book 2 they starting getting more mature. Books 5 and 6 are a little to violent for some kids.

They are just fantasy books for any age.

From DavisDVD.com:

Harry Potter... Disappears

Warner Home Video has confirmed that all four "Harry Potter" DVD titles will be off store shelves within the first few months of 2007, with no announced plans for their return. The first three films - Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone, Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets and Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban - will go on moratorium on January 5th, 2007. Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire will become unavailable beginning on January 22nd.

Rumors swirl that the studio is indeed planning new high-definition special editions in anticipation of the fifth film due later this year, but no concrete plans have been revealed. In the meantime, visit Amazon.com's Harry Potter Store if you want one last chance at these great sets. Get yours before they're gone!

While I could understand pulling the first two off of the shelves, PoA and Goblet haven't been out on the shelf for as long- Goblet especially, which just came out on DVD only a few months ago.

That's good marketing.

Release HP on HD-DVD and BR a week before OotP comes out. And then also re-release then in super special editions or whatever.