TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
LaParkaYourCar

Harry Potter Movies

Yeah, but sadly the movie will be a total hack job since they're cutting an 800 page book into like two and a half hours, if that much. But maybe they can pull it off.

That looked incredible. Diggory looks like a badass.

I can't wait to see how the end of the book plays out on screen.

It looked cool, I liked the whole intro fading each of the 3 main characters over the four films.

But did anyone check out the "Lion, Witch and the Wardrobe" teaser that debuted during the "Harry Potter" showing tonight on ABC?

Wow, that was a good way to tease a movie.

And since I didn't read any of the books, I have no idea what is gonig to happen, which makes me want to see the movie even more.

Oh crap I forgot about that. Is there a link to it anywhere?

I just did a quick look, but I didn't find anyhting.

I heard that they considered making Goblet of Fire Kill Bill style. Meaning they would make a five hour movie, split it in half, and have part 2 come out a couple of months after part 1.

What would you guys have thought of that?

There was an article in USA Today this week that I think teased the ending.

Harry and pals undergo trial by "Fire"

I've haven't read any of the books either, but this is the part of the article I'm talking about:

"For the climactic scene in which he hands over the body of a fellow contestant to the boy's father, Radcliffe says, "I had to tap into emotions that I personally never felt, that most people have never felt. Because they were challenging, it does make them fun."

I'm just guessing but is it one of Ron's brothers or Draco Malfoy? It seems like they would be the only ones they could kill off and it would mean anything.

I heard that they considered making Goblet of Fire Kill Bill style. Meaning they would make a five hour movie, split it in half, and have part 2 come out a couple of months after part 1.

I've haven't read any of the books either, but this is the part of the article I'm talking about:

"For the climactic scene in which he hands over the body of a fellow contestant to the boy's father, Radcliffe says, "I had to tap into emotions that I personally never felt, that most people have never felt. Because they were challenging, it does make them fun."

I'm just guessing but is it one of Ron's brothers or Draco Malfoy? It seems like they would be the only ones they could kill off and it would mean anything.

No, its one of the other contestants in the tri wizard thingy

This was also my favorite book in the series. I don't know how they're going to fit it all into two and a half hours, but a lot of the stuff at the start of the book they can skip or cut heavily, at least. The main plot with the Tri Wizard tournament and all that shit is golden.

No, its one of the other contestants in the tri wizard thingy

Well, he's also a bit more than that. He's the boyfriend of the girl Harry will fall in love with this movie. He's also the one other contestant from Hogwarts (the others are from other schools) and the only one who is friendly to Harry.

The last 45 minutes of this movie, from the conclusion of the tournament and everything after will kick 1 million types of ass.

Actually, I hear they are going to do that with Order of the Phoenix.

As for your other comment, and this is a major spoiler if you haven't read the book: It's Cedric. He's killed by Wormtail right before he brings back Voldemort.

As far as confirmed cuts from the movie:

Dobby and Winky are not in the movie as well as anything dealing with S.P.E.W. Mrs. Weasley and the Dursleys aren't in the movie either. So the movie will start probably with the Riddle House chapter and go right into the Quidditch World Cup.

Sadly no Dursleys means none of the hilarious entrance of the Weasleys at #4 Privet Drive and no Ton Tongue Toffee incident, which I was hoping to see.

Mugglenet.com has several clips from the movie up now, including part of Moody's DADA class and the Malfoy-Ferret incident.

Incidently, does anybodu think that, while the books push heavily for Ron/Hermione relationship, the movies push for a heavy Harry/Hermione pairing? Just view teh clip "I'm scared for you" to see my point.

The movies have followed the books fairly well into faking everybody who doesn't read them into thinking that Harry and Hermoine are hooking up. Then again, there does seem to be a young lady named Cho Chang in this flick who would have something to say about that.

Guest clockworkraven

They're pulling a swerve.

On the one hand, they would've fit in way more of the storyline.

On the other hand, you're making kids sit through a two and a half hour movie, then telling them to wait a month or two so that they can see how it ends. (Unless they've read it, in which case they'll be complaining about wanting to see it end anyway.)

I don't want to read anything in this thread, since I'm terrified of spoilers of any kind, but the two full length trailers I've seen look amazing. And I'm digging the PG-13 rating.

I usually don't look forward to November 18th (day after my birthday) but I can't wait to see this movie. I've been waiting for Goblet since Azkaban ended.

They're pulling a swerve.

On the one hand, they would've fit in way more of the storyline.

On the other hand, you're making kids sit through a two and a half hour movie, then telling them to wait a month or two so that they can see how it ends. (Unless they've read it, in which case they'll be complaining about wanting to see it end anyway.)

I've heard the same thing about Order of the Phoenix, and I'm affraid they'll have to. There's only so much you can cut out, and I can't see them cutting enough out to make a 2 1/2 hour movie.

Guest clockworkraven
I've heard the same thing about Order of the Phoenix, and I'm affraid they'll have to. There's only so much you can cut out, and I can't see them cutting enough out to make a 2 1/2 hour movie.

When they get to the sixth and seventh books, they're in a load of trouble. Maybe a set of ...four movies that combine both of them?

It is easier to cut this one as the book has a lot of subplots that could be trimmed, like the stuff with the twins and Ludo Bagman. Character development among the other contestants will probably suffer a bit, but that's about it. It is going to be a bitch to edit Order of the Phoenix into a single movie though.

This was also my favourite of the books, so I'm looking forward to it. It is going to be interesting to see how certain people (ie. soccer moms) react to the ending of this one.

Actually none of the next three have what I would call happy endings, with the bad guys outright 'winning' in two of them.

This is going to be bloody awesome. I always thought Goblet of Fire was when the books went from really good and entertaining to absolutely fantastic. That said, it was the first book I had to wait for to read (as I only started reading after Prisoner of Azkaban came out).

I actually read this book after PoA came out because I didn't want to wait to see what happened next. Then I read the fifth one, then the second, then the thrid (I read the first before the first movie came out).

That being said, I am eagerly anticipating both this one, and Half-Blood Prince (the movie adaption) to see how they handle certain things.

While at the doctor's office today I read in the Entertainment Weekly that they got Ralph Fiennes to play the character of Lord Voldemort. That's just going to kick all sorts of ass with him having that role.

I'm gonna try to find a 2:00 showing. Sadly, even with the children in school, the sheer amount of nerds the film will attract will make this a daunting, acne-filled prospect. Wish me luck.